It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus brought a sword

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Luke 24:44
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Mark 16:15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.…

As for Luke 24:44, did you catch the last two words of that verse? Jesus said that Moses, the prophets and psalms wrote about HIM. Think about what that means.

As for Mark 16:15, what do you think the "gospel" is? What is it that you think Jesus wants people to believe?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

As for Mark 16:15, what do you think the "gospel" is? What is it that you think Jesus wants people to believe?

This.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
– Matthew 22:37-39

Jesus said that Moses, the prophets and psalms wrote about HIM. Think about what that means.

This:

Matthew 25:31-40
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, "I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Jesus never said any of that. King James hired Mr. Bacon to rewrite the Bible and it took him about 2 years.

The Bible is a storybook full of contradictions and a very large (cast of characters).

Jesus was crusified for political reasons.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So, what do you think Jesus does with the goats on his left? You conveniently left that part of the "gospel" out.

Here are a few verses on how Jesus uses the "sword" (scriptures):

Hebrews 4:12 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Ephesians 6:17 ESV
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,

Romans 13:4 ESV
For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Psalm 7:12 ESV
If a man does not repent, God will whet his sword; he has bent and readied his bow;

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So, what do you think Jesus does with the goats on his left? You conveniently left that part of the "gospel" out.

You want to know what happens to the people that didn't care for the least of their brothers? LOL

The parable is about Judgement Day, not Thanksgiving dinner with your family and friends. Jesus is, supposedly, the Son of Man, and God is the King.

Here are a few verses on how Jesus uses the "sword" (scriptures):

Sorry, but the Books of Hebrews, Ephesians and Romans were written much later, by Paul, and are not testaments of the life and teachings of the biblical character, Jesus of Nazareth. They are not applicable to the scripture...

Luke 24:44-47
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Psalm 7:12 ESV
If a man does not repent, God will whet his sword; he has bent and readied his bow;

Now you're talking about God's sword. God is Jesus' father and your father.

LOL...you think any of these scriptures give you the authority to use a sword over disagreements of what is "truth" when it comes to politics and opinions? They don't.

edit on 16-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

If he can upgrade to an suv with a spiked bumper I would be very tempted to follow him.

Bumper sticker that says The Other Cheek, Turn It.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Yes, but how would your loved ones eat turkey if their mouths are taped shut?

Seems like a grotesque version of the final supper.

Bad idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I can repeat myself too...

Luke 24:44

John 5:45-46

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said that Moses wrote of him?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

What's your point? What does "concerning me" have to do with you or the OP using the sword, that Jesus supposedly brought to divide those that love him from those that love themselves, against your loved ones at Thanksgiving?

Jesus' message was love, not using a sword to fight over politics and vaccines.

edit on 16-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
And somehow jesus' sword was to direct governmental and media truth?? well not a great figuare then because many in history tried to do that.

if you want to speak of spiritual truth and knoweldge, then sure.. maybe jesus had something. I dont know. But to say jesus came here to spread the sword of societal knoweldge is kinda silly as jesus' message eventually led to much mistruth.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What's your point? What does "concerning me" have to do with you or the OP using the sword, that Jesus supposedly brought to divide those that love him from those that love themselves, against your loved ones at Thanksgiving?

Jesus' message was love, not using a sword to fight over politics and vaccines.

The original post is merely pointing out how families have become divided trying to decipher truth from lies due to the dark powers in high places telling lies and creating division. The Bible tells us that governments will become evil and Jesus will return to set them straight and bring them to their knees. When the Bible says that Jesus will use a sword to do that, it means that he will use the scriptures to weed out the righteous from the unrighteous and it will definitely feel like a sword to them when he does it. Jesus will cut down all the nations and judge them because Jesus has all authority over heaven and earth to judge it. The judgement won't be pretty.

Jesus said the same divide would happen among families when it comes to the scriptures and the truth about him. Unbelievers will be dealt with in the same manner as the unrighteous.

The Old Testament says that Jesus will make all of God's enemies his footstool. How do you suppose Jesus is going to do that?

Psalms 110:1, 5-6

1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

So while Jesus does tell us to love the Lord our God and our neighbors, he knows that the powers and principalities of darkness are going to influence people and lead them astray. They will be judged by the sword, which is the Word of God. Jesus will judge them according to the scriptures.

Everything we're witnessing today has all been foretold. Everything from the evil committed by our governments clear down to the family divide. That's the simple message that the original post is conveying. He is not stating that Jesus is the one creating the division, although truth will naturally separate itself from lies eventually.

edit on 17-11-2021 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

edit on 11/17/2021 by TheRedneck because: REMOVED FOR SPAM

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Jesus said the same divide would happen among families when it comes to the scriptures and the truth about him. Unbelievers will be dealt with in the same manner as the unrighteous.

Okay then! I guess that justifies bringing a sword of truth to the Thanksgiving dinner table, you know to divide the pro-vaxxers from the ant-vaxxers and the Joe Biden loving libtards from the truth loving Trump supporters.

Have at it! Happy holidays!
edit on 17-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I don't know if you've noticed, but out of the discussions taking place here on ATS, it's the fanatical vaccine pushing Biden supporters that are pushing away their families and friends. The unvaccinated aren't the majority living in fear over the issue, but you have to wonder why the vaccinated are if they truly believe that they're safer .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join