It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus brought a sword

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Matthew:

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c] 37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Ephesians:

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I’m reading a lot of posts here and other places about how Thanksgiving/holidays is/are now dividing us. I’m reminded that Jesus said we would be divided from our very families.

Why?

Truth.

And that is the simple division now. Those living in the real world… reality… truth. And those living in a delusion created by the media and government.

The sword Jesus brought was the Word of God, which is the truth at the deepest levels. God spoke the Word and created reality. It is truth, reality, at its deepest level.

So we are now living these words.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Knowledge increase. Folk running to & fro across the earth. The love of many growing cold. Global governance.

Where did we hear these things first?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
See this is the problem. Half on America thinks the other half is delusional. And guess what, the other half feel the same.

You want some truth?

You want to have a GREAT Thanksgiving and Christmas? DON'T DISCUSS POLITICS OR RELIGION.

That includes, vaccines, abortion, the death penalty, BLM, KKK, and so on and so forth.

And when someone starts, shut them down.

There is so much more to talk about.

Your welcome.

a reply to: pianopraze

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

-Orwell, 1984

Got it.
edit on 16-11-2021 by pianopraze because: Removed autocorrect added comma

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The problem is we can no longer just remain silent.

People are literally being told do not come to Thanksgiving etc gathering. It’s not a matter of holding your tongue when your being told not to come.

Those that jus want to be left alone and live in peace are being fired from their jobs, divided from their families, in some countries locked down and loosing everything.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Oh, look such a nice day. The leaves are pretty, darling pumpkins.
Mmmm Turkey, soy sausage, green beans.

Nice mask!

Hand Sanitizer anyone?

What you really mean is don't talk about anything of substance, right?
Because that part of life is over now, we have Twitter, and Facebook
and Google that do all of the talking.

We are just silent subjects now?

Beast system uploaded and online.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I seriously doubt that Jesus meant his sword to to be used to divide families over their views of a Covid19 pandemic, forced vaccines and job security or Biden VS Trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

And that is the simple division now. Those living in the real world… reality… truth. And those living in a delusion created by the media and government.

I'm seeing more and more comments by people who think there's no right and wrong. "We just disagree."
I even saw a recent post where someone said there's no good or evil. It's just "data" and how we "interpret" it.
Sorry, that's new-agey b.s. The time will come when you can't be a fence-sitter. You'll have to choose a side.

I have woke relatives who I no longer discuss any ideologies with. Not because I want to maintain peace and harmony, but because they're too delusional to converse with. It's a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Truth is what divides.

Those that “willingly believe a lie” from those who worship and follow the Logos (Word) of God which is Jesus.

Look at Ephesians I quoted in op:

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Edit to add. These people in power are literally evil. Pedophiles, deviants, some outright Satanists. Even those that are not Christians see the pure evil of this current world system.
edit on 16-11-2021 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I seriously doubt that Jesus meant his sword to to be used to divide families over their views of a Covid19 pandemic, forced vaccines and job security or Biden VS Trump supporters.

To sum it up : YES
Good vs. Evil.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
See this is the problem. Half on America thinks the other half is delusional. And guess what, the other half feel the same.

You want some truth?

You want to have a GREAT Thanksgiving and Christmas? DON'T DISCUSS POLITICS OR RELIGION.

That includes, vaccines, abortion, the death penalty, BLM, KKK, and so on and so forth.

And when someone starts, shut them down.

There is so much more to talk about.

Your welcome.

In what reality do YOU live in ?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Truth is what divides.

That's not what the scripture says. Scripture says it's about love.

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Truth is subjective. Love is not.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Short answer, no it’s not.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and life. Jesus, the Logos (Word) truth and reality. The Logos spoken to create all things. The fundamental Truth - Reality. Truth is not subjective.

People have itching ears now and want to hear the lie they believe repeated. It’s become almost a sick game to many who just want to see “their side” win the argument. Truth has nothing to do with how they wield their system. It is lie stacked on lie with liberal use of cognitive dissonance.

2 Thessalonians:

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Pedophiles and deviants now rule. Reinforced by media and social media sculpting their lies and outlawing truth.

The truth is clear to see.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

but you see,.. if that family actually LOVED EACH OTHER,.....
nona that stuff would matter.
they would just be HAPPY to get to see each other

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

par·a·dox
/ˈperəˌdäks/

noun: paradox; plural noun: paradoxes

a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when investigated or explained may prove to be well founded or true

edit on 16-11-2021 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

2 Thessalonians:

Neat.

The truth is clear to see.

Not so much if you have a log in your eye.

The message in about fighting for facts with swords. The scripture was about love.

It was a restatement of this:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
– Matthew 22:37-39

ETA

Pedophiles and deviants now rule.

And the Romans and the Caesars, et al, weren't?

edit on 16-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I'm seeing more and more comments by people who think there's no right and wrong. "We just disagree."
I even saw a recent post where someone said there's no good or evil. It's just "data" and how we "interpret" it.
Sorry, that's new-agey b.s. The time will come when you can't be a fence-sitter. You'll have to choose a side.

I have woke relatives who I no longer discuss any ideologies with. Not because I want to maintain peace and harmony, but because they're too delusional to converse with. It's a waste of time.

Dave Mason put it to music. I think this is spot on, your point and Dave's song!

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
We have been witnesses to 2 Thessalonians 3:11-12 become openly happening. If any of these people wanted to know the truth, they could get it. But many are willing to just find enough of the truth that satisfies their projection of "what is right". The same who don't Pray and ask God to guide them are wondering why they can't grasp so many things. Those that prefer lies when the truth is right there are a danger to themselves and those nearby them. Those that choose evil over good are going to be in for a surprise on judgement day in front of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
/rant off...

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The message in wasn't about fighting facts with swords. The scripture was about love.

How can you master the first and greatest commandment of loving the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, and mind if you don't know who he is?

Here's what Jesus told his disciples to do and preach after his resurrection...

Luke 24:44-47

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Did he tell them to preach love? No.

He wanted them to preach what Jesus had done for them and how the scriptures were true. The Word of God wields the sword that divides truth from lies. John, chapter 1 tells us that the Word was made flesh. The Word is Jesus. The sharp sword that he wields from his mouth are those from the scriptures.

Revelation 19:11-16

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

He wanted them to preach what Jesus had done for them and how the scriptures were true.

Which scriptures? The Book of Revelation, an apocrypha book which hadn't even yet been written? Or these?

Luke 24:44-47
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Mark 16:15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.…

And,

Matthew 10:13
If the home is worthy, let your peace rest on it; but if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14And if anyone will not welcome you or heed your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

Nothing about swords.

edit on 16-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join