It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Unveils 'Revolutionary' New Scorpius Electronic Warfare System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
'A whole new generation in electronic warfare.

Unlike previous systems, which Fustick says are "inherently limited," the Scorpius uses active electronically scanned array (AESA) technology to scan the entire sky and can send narrowly targeted beams – "at any wavelength, any frequency, any direction against specific targets without interfering with anybody else" – that disrupt enemy electronic sensors, data communications, navigation, and radar. "It's the first system that can really detect anything in the sky and address multiple targets in different directions and different frequencies simultaneously," he said.

Scan and neutralize drones and aircraft from a standoff and do it automatically. That is a neat trick if it works. I guess we will see if helicopters and drones start dropping in the middle East. I would love to see their test data. Fat chance of that I know.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Will the UFO Community profit from it?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Sounds like a sales pitch to me, nothing really new about this, directional EM warfare is actually old hat.

edit on 16-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It is a Forbes article after all. Take it for what its worth I suppose.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The bears in the crypt agree

a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Any frequency?

2.4Ghz is used in microwave ovens and 4G phones.
2.4Ghz excites water molecules, which is why high power 2.4Ghz waves can be used to cook food.

60Ghz excites oxygen molecules and is sometimes used in 5G technology.
I wonder what would happen if you subjected a living thing to high power 60Ghz waves?
Anyone know?
edit on 16-11-2021 by IndieA because: added info

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Revelation 9:10, KJV: "And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months."

top topics

join