It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Loses Liable Lawsuit over Sandy Hook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I know this is a delicate topic here and I hope this thread will stay focused on this current information vs the events of that day at SH.

In the last few hours the news started to come out on multiple sources that all reflected something like this , "Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Loses Fourth—And Last—Defamation Lawsuit From Sandy Hook Parents"

www.forbes.com... 6fa171494

Multiple sites are carrying some version of this scenario

www.thedailybeast.com...
www.bloomberg.com...
abcnews.go.com...
time.com...
firstamendmentwatch.org...

None of the Right leaning sites have any mention of it which could just be that they haven't updated their info streams yet. I dont have enough information to make an informed decision on why those types of sites are not showing it.

www.nationalreview.com...
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
freebeacon.com...
www.washingtonexaminer.com...
redstate.com...

At this point I don't think it's surprising as by my count this is the fourth case AJ has lost around this topic. I have to wonder how anyone but his most ardent followers can believe him. Interestingly enough and something I don't think I knew is that in 2018 he walked back his previous belief that SH among other events were hoaxes, " Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones blamed the various claims he’s made over the years, including that the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was a hoax, on “psychosis,” according to a deposition the “Infowars” host has given as part of a Texas lawsuit.

Jones described his conspiracy thinking as a kind of mental disorder during the deposition taken earlier this month for the lawsuit filed against him by the family of a 6-year-old who was among the 20 children and six adults killed in the Newtown, Connecticut, attack, the Austin American-Statesman reported ."

apnews.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This right here is why I don't listen to Alex Jones.

I am absolutely against censoring him in any way, but at the end of the day he's not entirely one of the good guys and this lawsuit proves that.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Some people love the guy, and more folks tolerate him. He has been right on a lot of things but wrong on many others. Understanding that he is an entertainer, not a news anchor seems to help most navigate the rough waters he provides.
And no, he doesn't need to be censored. If enough people want to listen to him, then they should be able to.

I did see some footage of the Jan 6th event where he was trying to calm the crowd down just before the tear gas was shot into a peaceful gathering. I don't think he's a monster, he's just an opportunist, and he was spanked for his role in SH.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A "peaceful gathering"?

You sure?

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Why was Alex suggesting it was a false flag, was it to purge guns (more gun control) from Americans? if so has there been such a purge? or was he suggesting it was a false flag for other reasons?
edit on 000000p3003America/Chicago11152021111 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

That was his pretty much the argument, that it was a false flag to enact gun control. There wasn't a full ban of firearms or anything but the death by a thousand cuts of 2A marched forward as democrats clamored over each other to climb the body pile after every mass shooting during the Obama admin to push gun control.

Weirdly enough it looks like Jones lost most of these suits by default because he refused to provide documents and financials in the discovery phases of the trials. I have no idea how he thought that was a good move.

Anyone know if you have a chance at a lower settlement if you default out vs if you go through with the trial and lose?

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

A "peaceful gathering"?

You sure?

You haven't seen any of the video have you. Or were all those in attendance armed with flag poles and fire extinguishers bashing in that cop's head, who was never hit with anything?

Propaganda works well.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The problem is some people don't view Alex Jones as "entertainment", they view him as a Truthteller.

His ardent believers were the ones harassing and stalking the Sandy Hook parents and calling them murderers.

Alex needs to be aware that people are out there who buy into his drivel hook line and sinker.

That's why he's being held accountable.

edit on 11/15/21 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edit

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Alex Jones is Cuckoo for Cocoa-puffs.

And a very angry Man.

Obviously the fault of the gay frogs.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Alex is here to make anyone who believes in a “conspiracy” seem crazy. Sure he’s entertaining but he isn’t good for a subject if you need it taken seriously. When he gets going on something he takes it to another level of insanity. He gets it right just enough times to hook people and then it’s crazy town the rest of the time.

I think even William Cooper thought Alex was an alphabet agency’s shill.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Idk about your comment but I have heard the water purification systems he sells work pretty damn good. When I think about Alex jones the only thing that always lingers in my head is his rants about hilldog drinking fetus blood. His work is far more magnificent then anything the WWF could have ever come up with without the use of fake violence. Alex jones = best wrestling writer without real wrestlers he should go to the wwf he’d be legendary.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

Why was Alex suggesting it was a false flag, was it to purge guns (more gun control) from Americans? if so has there been such a purge? or was he suggesting it was a false flag for other reasons?

Everything Alex Jones - like most of the voices like his - suggests is whatever he thinks will maximise his revenue.

Remember kids, oppositional media is not the same as alternative media. Follow the money.
edit on 16-11-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
duplicate post
edit on 16-11-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Now if only we can get lawsuits going against people who claim to be actual journalists by lie every night on camera.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

A "peaceful gathering"?

You sure?

I would say it was no worse than the "mostly peaceful protests" of 2020.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Alex Jones is pure genius in recognizing his audience and feeding them the Qanon BS they crave;
and marketing his line of supplements to them. Building an empire out of BS isn't easy. Just ask the gay frogs!!
edit on 16-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

A "peaceful gathering"?

You sure?

I would say it was no worse than the "mostly peaceful protests" of 2020.

Do two wrongs make a right?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

A "peaceful gathering"?

You sure?

You haven't seen any of the video have you. Or were all those in attendance armed with flag poles and fire extinguishers bashing in that cop's head, who was never hit with anything?

Propaganda works well.

I actually watched a very long programme on the BBC which was all real life footage, so there you go.

Tasering a cop on the head?

Totally disgusting.
edit on 16-11-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, which "news" outlet would you find more believable: Alex Jones or CNN?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
Just out of curiosity, which "news" outlet would you find more believable: Alex Jones or CNN?

Who are you responding to?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join