It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Daughter Was Hit In the Back of the Head with a Rock by a Boy in PE Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Schedule a sit down with the Principal and PE teacher. Have your questions prepared ahead of time & written down. Take notes and/or record the meeting.

1. Find out exactly what the PE teacher did, step-by-step in response to the assault. Call it assault.
2. Find out if the assaulter was suspended.
3. Find out why the Principal was not alerted to the assault immediately, and only found out when YOU told him.
4. Find out what steps will be put into place to protect your daughter from this and other violent students.

The problem with this strategy is that it allows time to elapse between the commission of the crime and the filing of the official report. This will - as stated previously by someone else - potentially make prosecution more difficult. '

Why not file the report and then go to the school officials with report in hand and ask those same questions? It seems that this strategy would also serve to add gravitas to the questions.

Sure that works! I condone your amendment!

Edit:
But I do think the face2face is so important. Otherwise, parents are just names on a page. When they have to face you, school officials often take things more seriously. You don't have to be ugly to them, just firm. This lets them know you are and plan to remain involved in your child's school experience, and will hold them accountable for what goes on. If you do not get satisfaction there (even if not a police matter) then you take it to the next level (District Personnel like the person over Middle School operations, or even the District Superintendent.) If you are still not satisfied, contact School Board members. Again, I say this as someone who worked in schools for 30 years. No one along that chain wants your concerns to escalate to the next level.
edit on 11/13/2021 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Glad she’s OK. Not good the principal was unaware of this. Indeed this could be looked at as attempted murder. He’s probably just a dumb 11/12 year old boy but he needs to understand what he did. Don’t get involved with him yourself but pressure the school to take the maximum action available to them.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Girls can be bullies too. was this attack provoked unprovoked? we only have one side of the story.

Also I do not think an adult hurting a child is necessary. this makes me sad at the plight of the species survival chances.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I learned my lesson about throwing rocks in the 1st grade at 6 years old. I was at school....threw a small stone just randomly and it came down on a boys head while he was playing soccer. That experience hardwired the lesson forever after. Its unfortunate that adults everywhere have let their kids go to the dogs, metaphorically.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think the big thing we all need to remember here is, times are different now then when many of us were kids.

Had the same incident happened back in the late 60's to early 70's when I was a kid no one would have ever dreamed of calling the cops. Justice would have been served outside of the legal system, AND it would have been far more effective than anything today.

Unfortunately, in today's society, everyone is so litigious (i.e. they want to sue for anything / everything). Old style justice like we used to know as kids just doesn't work anymore.

When I was a kid if something like this happened somebody would have repeatedly taken a pair of waffle stompers to the rock thrower's nuggets until his nuggets were orbiting his brain. Lesson learned. The same type of justice today would result in 50 lawsuits against everyone involved. For this reason the best course of action for the OP is to go directly to the authorities and go right to the mat formally with full-on legal charges. The only way to fight the PC fire is with PC fire right back on whomever the perpetrator is. Take no prisoners! As my signature line says...'No Rest for the Wicked!!'

edit on 11/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Things are also different today in that you cannot trust every link in the chain to hold up its end of the deal. Even one or two links that break are going to fail the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
a reply to: pheonix358
Ok, I want to play this out with ya’ll. Let’s say we make a police report- will the school then take it out/revenge on my Daughter? That is my fear. (While typing this the coyotes in the area began howling- for goodness sakes- somebody kill me now).

They may. They may not.
Let me explain.
I sent an email to my daughter's principal saying she would be going to school with no mask - our school district mandated mask - even though our state has no mask mandate.
I said in the email that she would suffer no negative repercussions.
What did they do? They put her on a hit list so that if teachers saw her w/out a mask, they were not to say anything but send her to the office. Luckily, her teachers did not abide by that.

Im a fighter. I will fight them into a court room over my kid. But I realize not everyone is like me.

You cannot be in fear over what they will do. Your child's safety comes first and that kid needs to be seen by police! If only to just scare him. The school needs to be scared too....because look at what happened in Virginia!

Seriously, I am hoping the best for you and your daughter!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Trueman

If you don't report it to the police, you could get in trouble

This is actually a good point.

Let's say you deal with this situaion all verbally (i.e. nothing in writing, no police reports, etc.). If the situation gets too uncomfortable for the school, what's to stop them from saying your daughter showed up at school with a bump on her head, and they know nothing about some kid throwing rocks, and for all they know you beat your daughter at home, then sent her to school?

You'd have no defense against such an allegation. And statements from your daughter to the contrary would carry little weight (as they rarely do in child abuse cases). You would have no documentation to the contrary.

This is not above something a school would do to cover their butts!

THIS. I have told my daughter to RECORD EVERYTHING at school on her phone. They are actually not allowed to have their phones in class, but I told her LIE and keep that phone on you and I taught her the things she must record.

Her principal already lied to me about something - so she now knows to record EVERYTHING. She has sent me numerous recordings of announcements, things teachers say in the classrooms, etc etc.....and I blast it all in local FB parent groups.

I am one of those parent terrorists that is probably on a FBI watchlist. lol

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Thanks to all of yall. We will be going to the the police today. I really needed y’all’s insight.

Ah! I am proud of yall!!

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That could work when I was a kid... at least in the elementary level. We had six or seven schools spread out across out town and most of the kids walked to school. Plenty of opportunity. Now days, they are kept in the school till their bus is called and lined up and boarded on. They may never see the person till the next day in school. By the time we got into jr high and had buses to ride, our elementary experiences taught most of us the drawbacks of being bullies.. guess what I am saying is that now days, much of what we learned in kindergarten today's kids aren't being given a chance to learn? Maybe?

From experience...I'm thinking the thrower....was trying to get attention. Maybe none at home.

I know. Many years ago...during float building for Homecoming...I was the thrower...at a back window of a car full of girls/underclassmen.

Over 1/2 century ago...when the window didn't shatter...I knew then....that at the time....something greater...or lessor took over.

Never again. 3 yrs later...w a concealed firearm license...now for over 49 yrs still....

I have never never drawn my weapon...it was the "karma"...I drew from that incident...that carried me through all these years.

✌️

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
PS. It was a form of: "See me. Hear me ! Listen to me!"

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If you're an RN, its curious to see AOx3 instead of 4. Self, time, place, event. Its elementary really. Also, to say you're going to wake her up to check her "alertness" defeats its own purpose. Alertness being AVPU- she'd probably be at V whilst sleeping. Unless you're talking about her GCS, which if you had any reason to suspect a change in her GCS, she'd already be in the ED at this point, getting a CT. And then referencing her eyes but only hitting 2/3rds of PERRL.

Aside from thinking you're just some LNA with dreams of the big bad RN badge, I critiscze you openly because you're an adult, making a post where you say you want to hurt a 7th grade boy, while your beta husband is filling out police reports.

This is a normal thing happening on a normal day by normal kids. Dust them off and teach them how to deal with things and how to get up once they get knocked over. Fantasizing about physical violence against a 12 year old is really telling- You're completely messed up.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Do you know the events that lead up the scenario? Do you know both sides of the story? Do you know the details that lead up to it or just the claims that a specific random kid hit your daughter?

"I hate this for her; she is slightly awkward(aren’t we all)"

Slightly awkward, does this mean she falls some place on the Autism or any other similar spectrum or is this awkward in just a normal young kid way. If its the the first part then that is an important piece of this equation.

This thread is very telling to me..We have people talking about "attempted murder" or from the OP "All that aside;I want to hurt that little mother f@k@er; " , online justice posse forming and the OP is going to the police. It's interesting to me when I was younger and events like this happened we figured it out as kids or parents would call parents but in the current world that just doesnt seem to be the way.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Do you know the events that lead up the scenario? Do you know both sides of the story? Do you know the details that lead up to it or just the claims that a specific random kid hit your daughter?

"I hate this for her; she is slightly awkward(aren’t we all)"

Slightly awkward, does this mean she falls some place on the Autism or any other similar spectrum or is this awkward in just a normal young kid way. If its the the first part then that is an important piece of this equation.

This thread is very telling to me..We have people talking about "attempted murder" or from the OP "All that aside;I want to hurt that little mother f@k@er; " , online justice posse forming and the OP is going to the police. It's interesting to me when I was younger and events like this happened we figured it out as kids or parents would call parents but in the current world that just doesnt seem to be the way.

Reminds me of Yuri Bezemenov's lectures when he talks about how every interaction will require some form of government mediator because the subverted people will have lost all knowledge and tools to resolve issues on their own with out Big Brother.

Going to the police over a school yard spat just seems so gross to me. But alas, schools and parents can no longer provide staunch discipline, so if the criminal system is the only area that can discipline children I guess it's all you have. Three strikes from a fanny whacker on the bottom has turned into a police report, a judge, and a detention center. Time will tell which is better at developing responsible independent adults.
edit on 15-11-2021 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I am so pi$$ed off right now. Some boy threw a large rock( guessing about 4 inch rock from what the kids observed) into the back of my daughter’s head at PE today. There is a large lump the size of an egg to the upper back of her skull with skin broken. As a retired RN I have been monitoring her and she seems to be ok at this point. Pupils equal and responsive, alert and oriented x 3. She is sleeping now and will wake her up in a bit to check her for alertness.

She is in 8th grade and the boy is in 7th grade. Four of her classmates witnessed this and confronted him. Apparently the coach sent my daughter to the nurse and he was in trouble. Well that is all fine and dandy, but when I called and spoke with the Principal at the very end of the day; he acted surprised and had no idea that this had happened. He said He would look into it on Monday. A rock to the head could kill somebody!!!

My Daughter is a straight A student and in college placement classes for math and science and I hate this for her; she is slightly awkward(aren’t we all). This has really affected her today. My Husband- her Dad- wants to make a police report.

All that aside; I want to hurt that little mother f@k@er; I have waited until she is resting before I get really angry. Now I am venting to you all and thanks for reading. Monday will be an in person visit to the school with my Husband and I to get down to the bottom of this and if anything prevent another child from the same. I haven’t growled for a long time before today.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened!

Make the police report and follow up. Also contact an attorney and inquire about what you should or should not do.

Sometimes head trauma doesnt manifest right away - it sounds like you already know this - so you may be advised to have her looked at by a doctor just incase. The attorney would be there to ensure the school and police handle the issue as a real, serious issue instead of attempting to sweep it under the rug. By 7th grade that kid is old enough to understand the ramifications of throwing a rock at someone's head. They are not 5yr olds.

Dont let it slide. This isnt a "kids will be kids" moment.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a crazy world nowadays, no one is safe. Some kid recently threw a rock at me, too - it's like parenting doesn't exist anymore, so now children throw rocks at people.

I already ranted about it earlier, but it's pretty shocking when you're just walking, minding your own business, glance at your left and suddenly there's some demon brat that picks up a rock from the ground, looks straight at you and WOOSH - thankfully, it didn't hit me, but it was close, it might have. If I hadn't paid attention, I might have gotten a brain injury or something just as easily.

This kind of stuff SHOULDN'T happen even in a slightly crazy world, but it happens, which proves just HOW insane this world really is.

Karma repays all.

Your daughter is destined for a phenomenal life... and that other kid will end up as a Secret Service agent, assigned to Hilary Clinton.

That's NOT how karma works. The rock-thrower, being a kid, doesn't have full agency yet, so it's their PARENTS that are getting most of that karma hit. Also, that kid and the parents might not get to pay their karmic debts for a long time, possibly multiple incarnations.

It's POSSIBLE that they also get to pay it in the same incarnation - that also happens - but you can't guarantee it absolutely will happen that way.

Also, just because someone throws a rock at you, doesn't make YOU 'destined for a phenomenal life' (whatever that means).

On the contrary, someone being hit by a rock indicates they have a lot of karmic debt to pay, for the karma to start so early and to be so drastic. This hints to the very likely possibility that such an entity is going to have plenty of opportunities to pay their karmic debts, which means a lot of 'difficult events' will happen to them, probably more than most other people.

Then again, most people in this world are loaded with bad karma, and keep accumulating more, so anything can happen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join