It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Daughter Was Hit In the Back of the Head with a Rock by a Boy in PE Today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

If you don't report it to the police, you could get in trouble

This is actually a good point.

Let's say you deal with this situaion all verbally (i.e. nothing in writing, no police reports, etc.). If the situation gets too uncomfortable for the school, what's to stop them from saying your daughter showed up at school with a bump on her head, and they know nothing about some kid throwing rocks, and for all they know you beat your daughter at home, then sent her to school?

You'd have no defense against such an allegation. And statements from your daughter to the contrary would carry little weight (as they rarely do in child abuse cases). You would have no documentation to the contrary.

This is not above something a school would do to cover their butts!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thanks to all of yall. We will be going to the the police today. I really needed y’all’s insight.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

if this kid is allowed to do this with no repercussions, he will do worse later. He needs to have the sh!t scared out of him by the cops now. It will help everyone involved in the future.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'd definitely do the police report...

puts it all out there in an official record

it will hopefully scare the crap out of the boy

she needs to be compensated for her pain and suffering, PR is the first step if you choose to go that route. Think with a hit to the head especially,

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

When I was in either the 5th or 6th grade,our neighbor's son
threw a rock and hit me in the back of my head.I don't know
why he did that and his family moved out about a year later.
I just remember my head hurting and a lot of blood.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Good to hear from you Mamabeth.🥰

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

When I was in either the 5th or 6th grade,our neighbor's son
threw a rock and hit me in the back of my head.I don't know
why he did that and his family moved out about a year later.
I just remember my head hurting and a lot of blood.

When I was about the same age, a kid on the playground at recess threw a rock and hit me dead square in the forehead.

I remember a lot of blood too, the rock had to go to the school nurse to get stitched up and was never quite the same after that.

One time I was riding my bike down the street, showing off for my Mom. (true story) I tried riding with no hands and no feet (big mistake!). I instantly did a face plant into the curb. Mom came running over to me like I was dead. When she saw I wasn't (dead), she hollered at me asking why I didn't put my arms out to break my fall and instead "speared" the curb with my melon??? I told her I was afraid I'd break my arm! She stormed off mumbling something about her idiot son sacrificing his head so he wouldn't break his arm...and wondering aloud who she could get to come fix the curb!

edit on 11/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

When I was in 6th grade my friend and I were fake knocking (you knock and then run) on neighbors doors. She was doing one side of the street and i the other side. At one point she and I were running away and I slammed smack dab right into to my friend and fell back on the street and knocked my self out completely. The neighbor, who I fake knocked came outside and saw me laying unconscious and carried me to my house. My parents put me in the truck to take me to the hospital; I came to on the ride there. I also broke my thumb in the mayhem. Fun times.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

We used to call it "Doorbell-Ditch", but that was all 'minor league' stuff for kids.

Up in the 'major leagues' it was called "Firebomb-Ditch"! You WILL answer your door! LOL!!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
When I was a kid, way back in time, the kid that lived next door to us was meaner than crap to me. The two things I remember most that he done was once when we were all playing baseball (we had our own neighborhood baseball field we played in), he took the bat full force onto my back. I went home and more than likely told my mom about it.. but, I didn't do nothing to retaliate.. I don't think I ever did anything to him. The next thing I remember him doing is riding up beside me on his bike and throwing a rock at me. If it wasn't for the fact that I was a "four eyes".. his name for me.. I probably would have been blinded. Well he chipped the lenses of my new glasses and that really did anger me. He had to pass me again to get Bach to his house and well the road dead ended not far from mine. I picked up my own rock and pitched it ar him as he rode by... and n.v ailed him.. I went into the house and showed my mom my glasses and told her all that had happened. Soon there was a know on the door.. the kid's mom, griping about how I had hurt his hand. Ya, it was rather bad, and she was threatening to sock us with the medical bill. My mom showed her my glasses and reminded her about the baseball bat. And, with a few words I won't repeat told her that ya, we would pay for the medical, and she could replace the glasses!! Right or wrong, the danged kid left me alone after that. I lived with the chipped glasses till I needed a new prescription. I was a meek shy kid and I put up with alot from this boy, from snowballs to rocks, to baseball bats along with the name calling. It was a small town and an isolated neighborhood. We all knew each other. if a child was causing problems the parents would normally sit down and talk to each other. Leave it to the parent to take care of the kids, and it worked for everyone but this family. The same with the schools, they would intercede and notify the parent, who usually took care of it. Even the cops would let the parents handle it in most cases. This family was different though. Somewhere something broke down. My mom never would call the cops for neighborhood squabbles either. But, well, when all else fails... and kids get pushed to their limit.. I think they will feel they have no option but to take matters into their own hands. With me, it was a rock for a rock. But now days, it could very well become a gun for a rock. No kid should have to get to the point where the only option left is to meet violence with more violence, the schools and more importantly the parents are the ones responsible to ensure that the kids have a safe place and aren't endangering each other.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
Thanks to all of yall. We will be going to the the police today. I really needed y’all’s insight.

Not to invade your privacy or cause you any legal issue as this moves forward, but I'm sure we'd all like to know how it plays out with law enforcement ... if you can keep us updated and feel comfortable doing so.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I saw a simular thing happen when I was in 8th grade

a girl at school got peged in the back of the head walking home she did something to another group of kids normaly a boy pelting a girl in the head would result in 5 or so other boys beating him but she did something to them

So her parents made a police report kid gets arrested well the other kids thought she deserved that rock to the head and they began tossing rocks at her with actual malice fairly shure they wanted to kill her

If my kids ever end up in a situation like that the possibility of all the other kids ganging up on mine would never leave my mind after seeing that happen

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Get a lawyer, tell him you want depositions from all witnesses involved and that you want to press criminal charges against the lil $hithead that threw the rock. Also tell the lawyer that you want to sue any faculty member (if any) that is involved in covering for the rock throwing snot.

Your daughter needs to know that you will go to the ends of the earth to fight for her. When she looks back on this situation she will see how hard you tried (or not) to get the justice she deserves.

I had something similar happen to me and my parents didn't do enough and the kid basically got away with it. That always left a little stain on my parents reputation with me. Those stains add up.
edit on 11/13/2021 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm glad to see you decided to make the police report!!!

My daughter was sitting eating lunch in a school cafeteria, surrounded by hundreds of kids. A girl who didn't like her walked up to her and beat the crap out of her. My daughter curled into a ball, had bruised ribs and was black and blue. Why didn't the girl like her? On the bus my daughter was play messing with a boy the girl liked and she screamed at my daughter . My daughter then called her a substitute for b...h, a witch. Not knowing the girl WAS a witch and her mother the high priestess of a local coven. We certainly didn't know it either, until it was all exposed by this incident.

You bet we made a police report.

How did her parents respond: The were angry my daughter wasn't suspended along with theirs since the school policy was that all children involved in a fight are suspended. My daughter didn't fight, had hundreds of witnesses and so was not suspended. They also sent someone over to "talk" to me about how their daughter broke her hand in the "incident" and I should be sympathetic and drop the charges.

We did not drop the charges. The parents were obviously the kind who think their children can do no wrong and would never punish their kids for anything. We knew them through friends. The children of that family ended up later being jailed for other incidents.

But pressing charges led to the school keeping track of my daughter and making sure that girl or her siblings or coven members never again touched my daughter. Then my husband put in for a transfer and we got as far away from those people as possible, half a world away in fact.

edit on 11/13/21 by The2Billies because: clarification

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sorry😟...wait till after school...have her nail him in the nuts w her foot.

Oops! Karma.....✌️😁👍

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That could work when I was a kid... at least in the elementary level. We had six or seven schools spread out across out town and most of the kids walked to school. Plenty of opportunity. Now days, they are kept in the school till their bus is called and lined up and boarded on. They may never see the person till the next day in school. By the time we got into jr high and had buses to ride, our elementary experiences taught most of us the drawbacks of being bullies.. guess what I am saying is that now days, much of what we learned in kindergarten today's kids aren't being given a chance to learn? Maybe?

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Schedule a sit down with the Principal and PE teacher. Have your questions prepared ahead of time & written down. Take notes and/or record the meeting.

1. Find out exactly what the PE teacher did, step-by-step in response to the assault. Call it assault.
2. Find out if the assaulter was suspended.
3. Find out why the Principal was not alerted to the assault immediately, and only found out when YOU told him.
4. Find out what steps will be put into place to protect your daughter from this and other violent students.

If you are not satisfied with ANY of the answers, let them know that they give you no choice but to file a police report. Put it on them. I know from my years of working in schools, that schools are afraid of negative press. And yes, if a police report is filed, it's likely to find its way to the press. In schools I worked in, your daughter would not be targeted by the school for you doing any of this. In fact, staff would be told to look out for her because "we can't let anything like this happen to her again. It's not good for our image."

This is my take on this, as a retired school guidance counselor.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think that a police report should be filed, and the kid who threw it should go to court and be taught never to do that kind of thing again. Community service and a suspension is adequate, it is a seventh grader, you want to teach him not to do that kind of thing again, along with teaching others like him that that kind of behavior will not be tolerated. It does not have to ruin his life, just change the direction the kid is going in to make him into someone that is beneficial for society instead of a burden to society. He cannot get off without some proper punishment for what he did.

If the kid doesn't learn, he may be recruited by Antifa some day.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Schedule a sit down with the Principal and PE teacher. Have your questions prepared ahead of time & written down. Take notes and/or record the meeting.

1. Find out exactly what the PE teacher did, step-by-step in response to the assault. Call it assault.
2. Find out if the assaulter was suspended.
3. Find out why the Principal was not alerted to the assault immediately, and only found out when YOU told him.
4. Find out what steps will be put into place to protect your daughter from this and other violent students.

The problem with this strategy is that it allows time to elapse between the commission of the crime and the filing of the official report. This will - as stated previously by someone else - potentially make prosecution more difficult. '

Why not file the report and then go to the school officials with report in hand and ask those same questions? It seems that this strategy would also serve to add gravitas to the questions.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Definitely get the police involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join