It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Daughter Was Hit In the Back of the Head with a Rock by a Boy in PE Today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am so pi$$ed off right now. Some boy threw a large rock( guessing about 4 inch rock from what the kids observed) into the back of my daughter’s head at PE today. There is a large lump the size of an egg to the upper back of her skull with skin broken. As a retired RN I have been monitoring her and she seems to be ok at this point. Pupils equal and responsive, alert and oriented x 3. She is sleeping now and will wake her up in a bit to check her for alertness.

She is in 8th grade and the boy is in 7th grade. Four of her classmates witnessed this and confronted him. Apparently the coach sent my daughter to the nurse and he was in trouble. Well that is all fine and dandy, but when I called and spoke with the Principal at the very end of the day; he acted surprised and had no idea that this had happened. He said He would look into it on Monday. A rock to the head could kill somebody!!!

My Daughter is a straight A student and in college placement classes for math and science and I hate this for her; she is slightly awkward(aren’t we all). This has really affected her today. My Husband- her Dad- wants to make a police report.

All that aside; I want to hurt that little mother f@k@er; I have waited until she is resting before I get really angry. Now I am venting to you all and thanks for reading. Monday will be an in person visit to the school with my Husband and I to get down to the bottom of this and if anything prevent another child from the same. I haven’t growled for a long time before today.

edit on 12-11-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Karma repays all.

Your daughter is destined for a phenomenal life... and that other kid will end up as a Secret Service agent, assigned to Hilary Clinton.

You're welcome...
edit on 12-11-2021 by madmac5150 because: Yes, my dumbass actually did that...

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Thank you 🙂 ( 2 bullets to the head( yep sorry- I’m not nice tonight).
edit on 12-11-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

Thank you 🙂 ( 2 bullets to the head( yep sorry- I’m not nice tonight).

I have daughters. I totally get it.

I hope every little turd that does that crap, ends up permanently assigned to Hilary's security detail.

(To be totally clear... I am not wishing for their untimely demise... the Clinton's direct employees die FAR more often than Secret Service agents... so... there's that...)
edit on 12-11-2021 by madmac5150 because: I did all of this... for one stupid word

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Her friends showed more restraint than a lot of adults would have. I applaud them for that; the adults in charge should take care of the situation.

When I was about 12, a boy attacked my younger sister and I grabbed him and threw him to the ground and punched him in the face- he went running home crying. I was all of about 70 lbs. at the time; he never messed with her again.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

MAKE. THE. DAMN. POLICE. REPORT.
edit on 2021 11 13 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

This is the consensus among the adult friends as well, so thank you.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Im a parent and have delt with so much BULL# during my daughter's almost 12 years of public schools. She is almost done, thank God.

PLEASE MAKE A POLICE REPORT!!!!!!! Do not rely on the school system for ANYTHING. And if you talk to the school again - RECORD IT. I record ALL interactions with staff/teachers - either via email or video/audio. I dont trust any of them anymore!

Good luck and I am so sorry this happened to your daughter! Please keep us updated!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Thank you; my Husband is feeling the same way.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Also, as an aside....I tell this to all parents....especially to those of daughters.
Please put your daughter into a self defense class. No a cutesy martial arts where they just try and belt up and do competitions for trophies. A self defense focused class.

My daughter has been in Krav Maga since she is 6 and is now 17. She has learned how to fight off grown men....and how to use objects as weapons (guns, knives and anything she can get her hands on)....even how to fight someone off who pulls her long hair. We are all our first line of self defense and I just could not bare for her to be a target....as she is pretty tiny (but now muscular lol).

It has also helped with her self esteem and confidence and that may help your daughter too with her awkwardness!!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

I will definitely look into Krav Maga for her.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   

AGAIN

Get the police involved ... do it now!

P

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Ok, I want to play this out with ya’ll. Let’s say we make a police report- will the school then take it out/revenge on my Daughter? That is my fear. (While typing this the coyotes in the area began howling- for goodness sakes- somebody kill me now).

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Agreed.
This is pure assault. Age is irrelevant for this type of behavior and consequences.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I'm so sorry that this has happened to your Daughter. That boy needs to be disciplined!

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Ok, I want to play this out with ya’ll. Let’s say we make a police report- will the school then take it out/revenge on my Daughter? That is my fear. (While typing this the coyotes in the area began howling- for goodness sakes- somebody kill me now).

Then you will perpetually live in fear. With great respect ... what lesson is your daughter learning?

She could be very well compensated if she carries a recording device other than her phone.

Video insights are great in courts.

P

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   

FWIW. I read a bit from a Swedish study that was done regarding bullying and other antisocial behavior by children in Swedish schools -- years ago now. But what stood out was the claim by the authors that of the children who so behaved, something like FORTY PER CENT of them went on to become career criminals.

The schools seem anxious to brush off bad incidents.

Best wishes for a swift and full recovery for your daughter.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Grrrrrrrr..... so glad your daughter is doing okay.

You should have gotten a call from the school -- either the coach or the principal -- asking you to come to school immediately and meet with the police whom they had ALREADY called. This is shameful.

Please go down to the station, with your daughter, show them the wound and file a report ASAP.

I wouldn't expect the worst from the school, but I sure wouldn't expect the best either. Do what you have to do and then deal with the fallout.

Perhaps also demand some kind of proactive action on the part of the school to tell the entire school body -- students, staff and faculty -- that this behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. If it has happened to your daughter, chances are it has happened to other students as well.

All of this is important for your daughter to see and learn.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Know this, the longer you wait to file a police report the more diminished the impact of it will be...especially if it ever goes to court (defense attorneys eat this stuff up). File that report NOW!!

Additionally, schools no longer look out for the well being of their students, they only look out for their own well being and reputation. A matter like this will be swept under the carpet if there's any possible way to do it. Count on it! The only way to prevent it being obfuscated is to make an official report, and force the school to take documented action. You will have to hound them 100% of the way, and demand written documentation of how the matter is being addressed at every step along the way.

DO. NOT. LET. IT. DROP!

Remember, you are not looking for retribution (officially), you are looking for proof that the entire system takes these kinds of things seriously. This is one of those areas where the "Cancel Culture" works in both directions! Use it to your advantage.

ETA - Make sure you take lots of pictures of the injury (from all angles). I would also take her to a doctor, if for no other reason than to further document the matter and illustrate how seriously you take the matter. All of this should then be appended to the police report. And speaking of police reports, this shouldn't just be a "report", you should ask that charges be pressed for Assault with intent to do bodily harm with injury. I would absolutely lay down the gauntlet for something like this! Plus, all of these actions will further serve as evidence later IF there is any retribution on the part of the school. You'll have documented proof of what happened, and there will be no defense for discriminatory action on the part of the school.

edit on 11/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

If you don't report it to the police, you could get in trouble.

Don't fear retaliation. Move your daughter to other school.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join