It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.8TB of Video Data Dallas and Atlanta Police Helicopter Survelience leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ddosecrets.com...

The things you find online when you do not have a spare 1.8TB of storage available. I would love to have a copy of this 600 hours of surveillance data from the Dallas and Atlanta PD helicopters but I guess I will have to wait until they start getting chopped into smaller bites. This is the kind of stuff I like to do on weekends when I have the time. Lots of reporting on this if you are looking around for it.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Gone now, 404'd......

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Of all the things to see when I'm not at home, I've got plenty of room for that.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
May have been a honeypot. Just transferring that amount of data between mechanical drives takes days.
Then it's gone so quickly means that either no one or very few were able to download it all. If I were looking for a way to find targets, this sounds like it might be a good way to do it.
edit on 8-11-2021 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Some context to that vid leak...

The vast majority of the leaked footage appears to come from the Dallas Police Department. In response to three screenshots from the leak, DPD public information officer Brian Martinez wrote in an email that “the pictures show screenshots of video from the department helicopter.”

A smaller subset of the data appears to come from the greater Atlanta area. The Atlanta Police Department told WIRED that the footage was not from its jurisdiction. Georgia State Patrol did not respond to WIRED’s request for comment by publication. GSP’s Aviation Division has 15 helicopters and one Cessna 182 airplane used for operations that include search-and-rescue missions. On its website the division lists other activities, including “aerial photography” and “aerial surveillance.”

In the case of the leaked helicopter video, Best notes that much of the footage is time-stamped from 2019 and that retention limits should be a crucial priority for police departments.
WIRED

Gave me a sudden flashback to the 1983 film "Blue Thunder."

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
May have been a honeypot. Just transferring that amount of data between mechanical drives takes days.
Then it's gone so quickly means that either no one or very few were able to download it all. If I were looking for a way to find targets, this sounds like it might be a good way to do it.

There's a magnet link. Theres likely nothing of such importance that they (the people with the resources to) are willing to take the steps needed to end it at this point. I didn't even have my VPN loaded when I clicked it if it tells you how concerned I am.

There are three files, two smaller files and then 1.7tb from Dallas. Speed it was at put it at 20 weeks to finish, but I'm on my phone and have limited connection. I would dl the 30gb file and see if it's worth doing the rest.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MooseDroolUSMC1986

I tested the magnet link and it worked fine I was getting 6.6MB on the download speed so it would take some time for sure. I am on a fast fiber link. I just don't have that much free space.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have space, but I had to watch hundreds upon hundreds of hours of video during a study on anadromous fish passage and I know how mind-numbingly boring it is. I'm sure this stuff isn't as boring, but I can't imaging it being fun either.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: Paschar0

There's a magnet link. Theres likely nothing of such importance that they (the people with the resources to) are willing to take the steps needed to end it at this point. I didn't even have my VPN loaded when I clicked it if it tells you how concerned I am.

There are three files, two smaller files and then 1.7tb from Dallas. Speed it was at put it at 20 weeks to finish, but I'm on my phone and have limited connection. I would dl the 30gb file and see if it's worth doing the rest.

Ah, Ok.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Dang it!
I knew I should of clicked this post this afternoon.
I just got a 40 TB cradle of 4, 10 Tb drives.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The magnet link is still working. I have only a few hundred gigs downloaded and will have to stop soon. Just tried to increase the seed/peer ratio while I had the space.

magnet

top topics

join