It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyway to embed Rumble or Bitchute?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There must be a way right?

Also on Discuss does anyone have a way to embed these formats onto discuss?

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That would be nice. Being able to embed more than just YouTube videos would be beneficial to discussion.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
delete...
edit on 4-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

This is a good move for this website to do, youtube is dead.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There are websites that have a drop down menu where youtube with many other sites you can select and place a link in the box provided. Very simple and works great for posting videos. I do not know why ATS does not do the same other than this is an old website and technology has passed them by in some areas..... ?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That would mean someone writing code for the site. The original coder is no more, so I'd guess they're reluctant to untangle the spaghetti to implement it, for fear of breaking things.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about.
www.businessofapps.com...#:~:text=YouTube%20key%20statistics%201%20YouTube%20generated%20%2419.7%20billion,YouTube%20Pre mium%20reached%2030%20million%20subscribers%20in%202020

YouTube generated $19.7 billion revenue in 2020, a 30.4 percent increase year-on-year

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I don't know anything about rumble but bitchute is trash.

Mods if your reading I would rather there not be an embed for trash sites please.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Of course there is a way, but for the sake of what little credibility this forum has, let's hope they don't implement it.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Is there any way to post videos directly from the DNC and RNC websites? I like my propaganda unfiltered.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There should be, so can ascertain how valid it is, for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe 5-6-7 years back...some sites aren't...."mentioned" here...because it was determined they aren't....

Still the same

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The real question is, do we really want to?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

God forbid we get uncensored and uncurated information.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You know what, I dont disagree. My only exposure to Rumble or Bitchute has been the absolute garbage posted to ATS.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That's a fair point.

But it's not censored and both have a lot of potential for the quality of their services.

I can host my stuff there and know that I won't find it all deleted because I hurt someone's feelings.

On the other hand, I left Gab a while back because the douchebags never went away and after their CEO posted a bunch of anti-Jew stuff we all sort of figured out why. He was keeping them there on purpose. Gab will be Stormfront in short order.

But Gab did have potential. It could have been an excellent example of decentralized social media. But it just served as an example of how to burn down an empire before you've even conquered anything.

Bitchute and Rumble may find themselves in the same dustbin in the future as far as video hosting is concerned. It depends on their motives. But Rumble seems to want to be YouTube about without Google fascism. I expect to see them succeed.

I don't mind bitchute but I want to see better users and content on there before I throw my hat in that ring.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Agree with you 100%.

I will flip this convo upside down by saying, youtube is also prone to garbage information. It just been around longer then most and is the incumbent.

We have information overload, and it is very hard to verify quality sources.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I do like the clean way Utube imbeds here perhaps the same method cab be used on other sites?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Lately I've been less prone to bothering with mainstream and curated sources due to their lack of due diligence and in many cases, outright lying.

Having alternatives is good. It means that if we do run across information that needs verification we can do it ourselves again.

The last couple of decades has been an exercise in waiting to see whose political narrative turns out to be true based on which curator happens to not be lying. If we want to survive we have to be the curators as well as the content creators.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

This is a good move for this website to do, youtube is dead.

Exactly. the reason i am asking for this is because i am using Rumble and odysee a lot more instead of YT. They do offer embedding codes but they often dont seem to be compatible anywhere unless full HTML is supported which does not even work on Discuss which only supports a limited set of HTMl codes.

If no mainstream sites/platform support these alternatives then it will slow the growth of these alternatives. Which is likely the reason why we see a lack of support for these.

top topics

join