It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We do Don't Ask Don't tell for Vaccines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I want to go back to a time when we didn't ask people about their health status, their vaccination status.
We didn't care, we didn't want to know, we FREAKING minded our own business.

Recently, a lovely member here MamaBeth poured her heart out saying her daughter was ill with Covid.
I saw several members ask about her daughters vaccination status. That irked me a little, because I thought here is this mom obviously
in the most stressful time in her life being asked this question.

On the flip side, it made me think of my own shortcomings. Another member was ill here with something else and I asked him if he was vaccinated.
That is so unlike me. I just think this whole thing has so many of us not thinking clearly. It is because none of us can trust
a dang thing anyone in power, or in media says and I think many of us really don't know.
We really wonder is Covid that bad, or is the Vaccine that bad? I think there lies the problem, it isn't the vaccine, or not the being vaccinated, it is truly that we have lost all trust for the people in charge at every single level.

edit on 3-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Most people assume I am not by the way I post. They would be wrong.

Thing is that I am married to a microbiologist who spent years working in and around pathogens that could seriously ruin his day (or ours if he brought work home with him). This COVID anxiety causing people to flip out has been a fact of life for us for 20+ years. And COVID is less threatening than things he worked with.

So I have a different perspective maybe than most. For me, not much has changed.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
it is truly that we have lost all trust for the people in charge at every single level.

Yes, and as well we should.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Good question.
In this day and age, where I can get in trouble for presuming someone's gender... why the hell do people get to interrogate me about my health status?

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I think we could have if people had just quietly not gotten the vaccine like every other time there's been a new vaccine in the last couple of decades. But no, the machine spun it into a huge thing, and people who didn't want the vaccine latched on, and a small minority of those went out of their way to make themselves look insane (the magnet people for example). And in retaliation, the opposite side of the spin machine pushed back with the "Get the vaccine or die." rhetoric.

People played right into the division tactics created by the fear mongers, and now here we are with useless vaccine mandates.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This COVID anxiety

I think this is a real thing and might be called that in the future.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The problem is that our society is demanding polarization, a country divided cannot successfully stop politicians from weaseling away our money to their donors and to increase their portfolio.

I don't care if someone gets or doesn't get their vaccine, but I do try to keep track of whether the vaccine is working or not. A lot of vaccinated people around here are getting the virus. Not just a few, like about a quarter or more of them. I even question whether they are doing any better with the vaccine against the virus going covid...doesn't seem to make any difference in very old people in their late seventies upward....the people we are supposed to be trying to protect with the vaccine mostly don't benefit, neither do those with poor immune systems because of it being blocked by certain medical conditions that are being treated. That is what I am seeing here. The vast majority of people without a vaccine just have a cold or flu like illness, but some do have severe problems.

By the way how is Mamabeths kid doing, I haven't read anything about it in a while, is she doing ok now?

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I am hoping we are getting there.

I live in Florida, and I am blessed that my job basically takes that stance. They don't ask, and they don't discuss it.

I was a bit surprised that no one at the VA asked me that question yesterday. Not a nurse, doctor, or clerk, asked me if I was vaccinated.

I only went one place yesterday where the majority of the people were wearing masks. In my area, out in the woods, almost no one wears masks. But I was in the city yesterday, so there were a number of places where there were more people with mask than not, but no one seemed to care, either way.

I think most of your average people are done with the media hype. I have not heard one person yet, those with children or without, that are agreeing to the vaccinations for children. I think they may have pushed too many, too far.

edit on 3-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Most people assume I am not by the way I post. They would be wrong.

Thing is that I am married to a microbiologist who spent years working in and around pathogens that could seriously ruin his day (or ours if he brought work home with him). This COVID anxiety causing people to flip out has been a fact of life for us for 20+ years. And COVID is less threatening than things he worked with.

So I have a different perspective maybe than most. For me, not much has changed.

Wow I knew you were just by some fair attention. But I didn't know you
had such a solid base for confidence. Right on girl you make fine choices.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I can't agree with you more. Pre Covid it was always a pet peeve of mine to be around people who frequently talk about their health issues / status ,as if their entire world revolves around only that. It really pushes a red button for me...remnant of my childhood.
So this past two years has been overwhelming for me simply for that alone, let alone any and every other aspect of the pandemic.
I don't speak of my own health issues either unless asked, or I'm in need of medical attention. I just find it nerve wracking to be bombarded with health status statistics daily. It's mentally taxing and I couldn't handle it before it was a worldwide major thing.
I really, really, need a Delorean and a flux capacitor.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

After being ordered to vaccinate and show proof of vaccination, and after signing a disclaimer they helpfully filled out for me in advance or be unemployed they aren't requiring checkpoint screenings. Building's been locked down over a year. Those who are essential to maintain the facility are screened repeatedly throughout the day. Failure to do so will deactive swipe card access. Failure to pass the cooties 19 interrogation results in refusal of access. Any symptom from headache to conjunctivitis devoloped on site must be immediately reported to the emergency hotline. Traffic is ridiculously maintained with emphasis on distancing, masks, tongs, gloves, disinfectants, endless sreenings, briefings, daily memos, daily policy changes etc, etc, but they aren't requiring anyone to show the vax papers they know you have cuz they forced you to get them. Not yet. I was told it might change at the drop of a dime. Interesting to note not everyone there gets the same screenings. It's a bit of a class system. The ceo and I do not get the same questions. FYI
edit on 3-11-2021 by ConcernedCanadian because: the fyi

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This is all our collective fault, we, and x number of generations before us have went about their lives on autopilot.

Now we get a reap what you sow situation at our hands as the events have evolved mostly around collars and chains.

Most of us, people, are not even human beings anymore. Just bags of meat doing their chores.

Like ol terence used to say, if you aint got a plan you become a part of someone else`s plan.
edit on 3-11-2021 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

This is all our collective fault, we, and x number of generations before us have went about their lives on autopilot.

Now we get a reap what you sow situation at our hands as the events have evolved mostly around collars and chains.

Most of us, people, are not even human beings anymore. Just bags of meat doing their chores.

Like ol terence used to say, if you aint got a plan you become a part of someone else`s plan.

That's the unfortunate truth of the matter. I myself am more guarded against my fellow man/woman than ever I am against the hidden hands of the elite rulers. I fear the power of a Karen much more than a Genghis Khan.

It is like being in one of those third world prisons that is administered by a corrupt warden and a handful of guards but where there are seldom any escapes. This is because the prisoners police each other and many are trustees. If one prisoner manages to tie some sheets together and other prisoners see him climbing the wall, they rush to grab hold of his legs and pull him down. Informers are rife and you can trust no-one.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

I fear the power of a Karen much more than a Genghis Khan.

Just a sidebar, Genghis Khan was actually quite a fair ruler. Once his prisoners served their punishment they got all their rights back. He also was very much pro women’s right. Karens on the other hand, I think there is a lot of untreated mental illness and in some cases just some downright evilness.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
When someone asks me if I’m vaccinated I always have the same reply…

MY BODY MY CHOICE!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Apparently not
with these mandates,with or without your consent,backed by popular demand
your body is now state property.
your right over your own body stops at the risk to somebody else.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here is my conversation :
"Are you vaccinated? "
Reply : "Are you that ignorant ? "

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I stopped seeing my doctor shortly after the pandemic started. He hooked me up with 3 months of my BP meds and I went hermit for nearly a year before I had to go back. He never said any thing about the vaccine and neither did I. He seems to have a don't ask don't tell philosophy and I respect that.

I am like AccessDenied in regards to people going on and on about their personal health problems, but people my age are like that. Back in August, when I got this nasty boil on the back of my thigh, I tried an experiment. Anytime anyone asked me how I was doing, I told them about the nasty boil that constantly drained, began to spread and was hard as hell to get cleared up. I would have gone on to impress the idea that any minor infection could get that bad and be health threatening and to treat every scratch and cut. However, I found that no one wanted to discuss my boil and in fact it turned them off, a real conversation ending subject from the get go, every time.

I don't ask people how they are doing unless I really want to know, nasty infections and all. If I do ask someone "how are you doing?" it's because I'm concerned and interested in their health. I get irritated with people who ask that and then act disinterested when I actually tell them in detail.
edit on 4-11-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I told them about the nasty boil that constantly drained, began to spread and was hard as hell to get cleared up

Try pure apple cider vinegar (with mother) on it next time.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
if they did a don't ask don't tell approach with the vaccine, people would be less likely to get it. and others would be less likely to badger others into getting it. and we can't have that, there is tens of billions of dollars in profits, paid for from taxes, at stake, in the US alone. these vaccines are extremely valuable at a cost of about $100,000 per liter, with only 1/3 a milliliter per shot (and i'm not even sure if that is before or after mixing it with it's diluent). and almost all of that is pure profit. since even one of the "most valuable resources on the planet" (horseshoe crab blood), is only worth about $15,000 per liter. so everyone needs to get their shots, and any "needed booster shots", so that big pharma can take as much tax money as they can in profits, to the tune of tens of billions of dollars or likely much more (remember countries like the US are also giving these majorly expensive vaccines to countries all over the world, all paid with tax money). which is possibly why congress did not do anything about medication costs when trump asked them to, and why when he signed an executive order to reduce prices, the democrats threw a fit, and why biden was so quick to reverse it. after all can't let pharmaceutical companies not make maximum profits from the tax payer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join