It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Eat for Lunch?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm a sucker for mustard, if remotely possible I put it on everything.
And honey too, I even put it in my coffee sometimes.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yes ... honey is made for lattes, especially if you add a bit of cinnamon powder. ☕

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yesss. Adult lunchables. 😂

What the heck is a triple grilled cheese and how do I recreate it?

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I love mustard, and honey, but I never did get a taste for sweet and savoury things

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hoy

Sope de carnitas $4

Y

Dos tacos de tinga $2 each

Delicioso. Sooo gooood

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Mmmm carnitas!!

If I'm lucky on a Friday I might get a "Mik'maq Taco" but other than that....we have a Taco Bell.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's got 3 different kinds of cheese on it. I don't know what they are, but one of them squeaks when I bite into it. They are freakin' awesome!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Today was meatballs cooked in raspberry sauce, green beans. Yesterday was Sour Cream Enchiladas. All leftovers (I always try to cook plenty so I have leftovers for lunch).

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Not sure about today.

Generally during the work week it is leftovers from previous night's cooked dinners, anywhere from Korean samgyupsal with rice and kimchi, to Portuguese seafood rice, to pierogies and sausage, to hot wings.

Or if it's not leftovers, which is maybe only 2 days a week, it is frozen meals which I find the good organic ones that taste just like leftovers. I like Saffron Road a lot, or Sprouts meals.
In particular Saffron Road Tikka Masala, or Sprouts Kofta meatballs.
Frozen food has come a long way.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Typically leftovers if they're available. If not, a good old turkey sandwich will do the trick. When I'm exercising like crazy I'll do 2 turkey burger patties, 2 eggs, and some greek yogurt. Just depends on what I'm up to really.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I made two ‘American Bacon’ Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches on toasted Italian Bread slathered with Mayonaise.
YES, I used the whole pound of well done Bacon making them……

Tonight I’m making Beer Batter Fish&Chips deep fried in Beef Tallow with twice fried hand-cut potatoes.
I got and filleted two nice fresh Haddock early this morning from a buddy down at the fish house.

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: feelz

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Naw don’t run to the bell. You know they discontinued the mexican pizza. Travesty lol

Where do you live? Region/country.

Need a carnitas recipe? It is crazy easy to make. Just takes time

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

These threads always make me hungry.
Not having to go out in the day means I can do boiled potatoes and some veggies and something meaty.
I don't mind cooking for one but often make enough for three then put some in the fridge or freeze til later.
Saves cooking /thinking time.

If I'm being lazy I'm partial to the odd hot dog with fried onions piled high.

I'm ashamed to say that for the first time in my life I've had to buy some jeans that are above my normal 32" waist.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a flour tortilla with a slice of ham and cheese - toasted.
nibbled rather than stuffed in your mouth whole

quick and easy.
(maybe a few chips)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Mmmm. Those sound delicious. Unfortunately the only fish available to catch right now is pickerel and small mouth bass... and that's no haddock.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We make carnitas a few times a year! I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada. I don't think we ever had Mexican Pizza. The Taco Bell here is NOTHING like the Taco Bells in the States, or even in the central/western provinces.

*** All though, I usually just Google a carnitas recipe and angrily scroll through whatever food bloggers 40,000 word life story to get to it. So if you have a really good recipe, I won't turn it down.
edit on 2-11-2021 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I like to skip breakfast most times, I have been that way for most of my adult life. For lunch I used to not eat it then just eat from the time I got off of work till I went to sleep twenty years ago. Now I usually will grab a boiled egg with salt and pepper to munch on for lunch or sometimes just make a half a sandwich for lunch. Supper is our big meal usually, seventy five percent of the time it is not junk food, but occasionally we do have a junk food meal for nostalgia reasons. Real food properly made is so much better tasting than that highly prepared crap or restaurant food. Of course, if you have lots of money, there are restaurants that do have great healthy foods too, local restaurants do have fish fries with local whitefish or trout, that is healthy food. I prefer home fries from real fresh potatoes with my fish fry, that is less a problematic junk food compared to the highly processed ones they get from those freezer bags of fries.

I had homemade beef soup for lunch today, and tonight we are having leftover shake and bake chicken for supper last night. That shake and bake coating is not real bad to use, better than getting frozen chicken strips and putting them in the oven.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
mainly meat pasta and rice type things in some sort sauce.

try not the raw veggies as they are still alive when you eat them and personally I think its just cruel.

usually pasta cheese tom sauce meatballs bacon etc. I usually cook for myself saves being poisoned.
homemade damson jam on bacon mhm a real treat. I find my only downfall is somebody else kills the meat. solo unnatural I feel almost denatured.
edit on 2-11-2021 by infiniteMeow because: added some

edit on 2-11-2021 by infiniteMeow because: added some.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What is different about your taco bell?

Is it all digby scallops and oatcake based?

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

More like Digby wastewater and oatmeal based. 😂

It just has a really small/basic menu.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join