It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla car battery explodes in Florida.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It looks like it's been hit with some sort of artillery, This reminds me of when LPG was used and people were stuck in cars and burning to death.The new tech will have teething pains, but this is something new will it require pulling the cars off the road to have them checked .www.bitchute.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

That is definitely NOT what I was expecting to see. I was expecting to see some big holes with pieces of the car blown off, but not expecting it to be literally ripped in half.

I wonder why it has 'Tesla' written on the door with a phone number under it... Could it be a rental or something?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

As the batteries get more age on them and wear from vibration this will happen more often. I have had a couple of car batteries blow up but the energy in the lithium batteries is so much more dense and they are a lot bigger.

I wonder what an electric bus will look like after this happens to one.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Looks like a bomb went off, those batteries contain a helluva lot of energy..crazy!

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Looks like a bomb went off, those batteries contain a helluva lot of energy..crazy!

Here's a little compilation video of a few Tesla fires.
ugetube.com...

The way the flames are shooting out the side is more like a blowtorch than a typical flame.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
It looks like it's been hit with some sort of artillery, This reminds me of when LPG was used and people were stuck in cars and burning to death.The new tech will have teething pains, but this is something new will it require pulling the cars off the road to have them checked .www.bitchute.com...

Before reading the article or seeing the video, I am going to assume it happened in Broward county (South Florida). Dumb sh## always seems to happen in Broward: “the chads”, the school shootings, drunks, the last night of the “alleged” 9/11 bombers, The list is long.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Wait a minute!!!

I'm all about ripping on electric cars, BUT there's WAY more to that video than just a Tesla blowing up.

First of all, there was some kind of a very high speed crash. There's another car about 200 yards up the road which is shredded also. In fact, that's where the ambulance goes first (to the other car).

Second, the Tesla, has "Tesla Transportation" logos on both doors. Was this some kind of test car?

Third, the debris in the street is strewn from the other car to the broken Tesla.

So, it looks (just initial glance) like the white car T-boned the Tesla at a very high rate of speed. The Tesla fragged, but it was probably severely damaged by the impact, so it's likely not the batteries which caused the Tesla to break apart, but rather the impact.

Lastly, notice the windshield of the Tesla is not damaged. If the battery exploded, the windshield would have been blown out or fractured, but it's not even damaged.

Bottom line...there's a lot more to this video than just a Tesla blowing up.

edit on 11/1/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Are the batteries supposed to be replaced every so many hours of use?

If so, what is the cost? I'm assuming they have to be professionally installed. Not something you can do in your driveway.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I was wondering why Biden was pushing the electric vehicles, now I know...
He wants to blow us all up.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It looks like this video title is complete bullsnip.

It's the same accident in this video, which was posted January 20, 2020, and was caused by a collision.

edit on 11/1/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

That video reminded me of the Telsa that ran under a semi-truck, decapitating the "driver", and continued on to the driver's parking space at work, with the owner dead inside the (topless) car.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Dayum! Looks like a friggin' war zone.

I had a lead acid battery explode under the hood of a pickup once, nothing like that.

Looks like it happened in the middle of an intersection. Or was it a parking lot? I'm wondering if anybody was in the car. If they were ... they dead.

I think I'm gonna copy the number on the door of that car and call them, all of they know one of their cars blew up.

I thick I'll stick to my horse.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Wait a minute!!!
Bottom line...there's a lot more to this video than just a Tesla blowing up.

Yeah, more I look you prolly right.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

ugetube.com...

The way the flames are shooting out the side is more like a blowtorch than a typical flame.

I have had lithium polymer battery fires, pretty intense..don't remember ever seeing one that blew up though. I used to build and race/compete with radio controlled cars.

I remember one time, we were doing a demo for the local cub scout troop. Things going great, kids loving the fast cars..50-60 mph, then while racing around, my car starts smoking, within 2 seconds it's like fireworks..lol, kids really loved that display. Sure melted down the car though, no putting that out.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I agree with FCD

Well, it is bitchute..lol

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It was definitely a collision. The white Nissan ran a red light and hit the rear-side of the Tesla.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

ugetube.com...

I have had lithium polymer battery fires, pretty intense..don't remember ever seeing one that blew up though. I used to build and race/compete with radio controlled cars.

I remember one time, we were doing a demo for the local cub scout troop. Things going great, kids loving the fast cars..50-60 mph, then while racing around, my car starts smoking, within 2 seconds it's like fireworks..lol, kids really loved that display. Sure melted down the car though, no putting that out.

I was an early adapter of converting 1/8th scale nitro cars to electric back in 2006. We used to "go nuclear" all the time at the RC tracks until major manufacturers finally figured out how to stabilize the power draw from ESCs and the LIPO batteries stabilized. Literally same tech in Teslas. You'd see that smoke start and then the flame....by then it is too late! Nothing like that burnt electronics smell.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Well yes, but it's also a shill media moving fast to deflect a high-profile accident.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

ugetube.com...

I was an early adapter of converting 1/8th scale nitro cars to electric back in 2006. We used to "go nuclear" all the time at the RC tracks until major manufacturers finally figured out how to stabilize the power draw from ESCs and the LIPO batteries stabilized. Literally same tech in Teslas. You'd see that smoke start and then the flame....by then it is too late! Nothing like that burnt electronics smell.

Ha..nice, me too, very much around that time. We did 1/8 buggys, did a few Revo's, also did a 1/6th 2 spd OFNA car as well..that one was hard to drive, so much power.

My user name goes way back to the monster trucks, I loved building modified Clodbusters, was running them on nmh 14.4 v at that time, with 550 motors..blew up lots of gearboxes, burnt through brushes, that was one of the 1st high voltage dual motor esc, but no brakes..lol..thank god when lipo, and brushless became obtainable. I really learned a lot from those days of tinkering/scratchbuilding.

edit on 2-11-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: vonclod

Well yes, but it's also a shill media moving fast to deflect a high-profile accident.

It happened about 2 years ago. There is nothing to deflect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join