It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your paranormal experience?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hello I always love a good ghost or cryptid story and with Halloween around the corner I'd like to hear your best or scariest story!

I'll start off with one it doesn't involve me but a story about where I live. In my area there has been sightings of a suicide spirit called walking Sam it is said to look like Bigfoot in a tattered leather jacket and a top hat. The last story I heard about it was some cousins were staying the night together and they could see him outside the window motioning for them to come here. The tribal cops were called and said they saw something running in the draw! I know not the best but it's my scariest one!

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: misterE12

I saw her down at the clear ditch before they drained it.

www.elcaminoreal.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wow! Did she notice you?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this was Paranormal but it scared the hell out of me .

I was in middle school so I'm around 13 when this happen .

My friends and I had a Tree hut in the woods that we worked on every day during summer break , These woods were directly behind the neighborhood we lived in I estimate there was at least 400 acres of undisturbed woods maybe more. It was vast to say the least you could lose yourself in them easily if you were unfamiliar with the territory , My friends and I had made many trails through them and we knew not to venture off the trails .

In all the time we had spent in these woods , We had never once seen another person in the woods matter of fact we never so much as found an old soda can .

On one particular day I decided to go work on the Tree hut by myself I did this on occasions and I always brought my Pellet/BB Rifle with me I suppose in my young mind it provided some protection . Now anyone that has spent time in the woods knows that the Light falls quicker in the woods for example it can seem like its 8pm in the woods while it's actually just 4pm .

I check my watch and its about 5pm so I decide to head home , I grab my Pellet Rifle and start on the main trail out its about a 10 minute walk out of the woods . As I start the walk out the light falls very dark and I mean so dark I need a flashlight which I do not have , I look up through the trees to find the sun and there is no sun only darkness . I get a very cold chill up my spine and my heart quickens I know something is wrong , I check my watch again it's 5pm in the middle of summer and it's pitch dark. I use the light on my watch to find the trail , I quicken my pace and that's when I hear foot steps .

I take two steps and I hear two steps I look to my left and right I see nothing, I take two more steps and it takes two steps. My heart quickens again and my breathing becomes exacerbated , I try and run the trail but I'm simply cannot see well enough to run. I walk as quick as I can stopping occasionally each time I hear it's foot steps just behind mine . I hear branches breaking beneath it's feet and the foot steps seem to get closer , I scream aloud HEY!! in an attempt to scare it or maybe I was just desperate I don't know really . I stop and crouch behind a tree and I listen intently I hear the foot steps again 1 2 3 then they stop . I hear breathing just behind my neck I turn but nothing is there , I get back on the trail and walk as quickly as possible all the While I hear the foot steps just behind me .

I finally make it to the edge of the woods and I see day light out there but inside the woods it is still pitch black dark , I run as fast as I can to the road . I close my eyes and jump the ditch that separates the woods from the road , I feel the road beneath my feet and I quickly turn around to see what was behind me .

I see only a brief glimpse of a humanoid figure but it disappears with the darkness rolling back like some sort of wave and all of the sudden the woods seem normal again the darkness is gone .

The end .

Looking back now I wonder if I walked into some sort of parallel dimension or time warp and that was me following myself .

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I have a ghost in my house. Some folks don't believe it till they see it. My wife and kids have seen it and several of my friends. The story goes like this :

Years ago when I first bought this house, I did some landscaping out front. Planted roses and all that and one day I was out there working on them and came in the house to get a drink of water. This is when my kids were still in school, so they were gone and my wife and I were the only ones here. I walked through the front door on my way through the living room and on into the kitchen and to my left, I saw someone walk from our bedroom, across the hall and in to the bathroom.

Thinking it was my wife, I started talking to her about fertilizer for the roses, etc. Getting no reply, I called her name. No answer, so I went to check.
No one there.

I start looking for my wife and discovered she had been in the back yard reading for at least 20 minutes. I've seen this many times over the years and it does the same thing. Bed room to bath room or bath room to bed room.

I'm from the hills of Eastern Ky and I have a story about something that happened to my cousin and I that happened over 40 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.
Still gives me chills to this day.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

That's crazy I know just being in the woods alone in the dark is bad enough but being in there with something else geez! That does remind me of a similar story I've read!

Here is a excerpt from said story now I'm not saying this is what happened to you but definitely touches on some of your experiences!

On this day, Larry had decided to take a hike along the Mollala Indian trail, which connects the ridges of Saddle Blanket Mountain and nearby Oakridge. At some point during his hike, the witness claims that his surroundings became blurry, overcast, and tinged with an odd grey color, despite the sunny weather, and even though there were no clouds in the sky it seemed as if a shadow had been cast over the land. Larry would say of this:

The only way I can describe it was as if suddenly I was looking through someone else’s prescription sunglasses. I finished the step and started another. Every inch I moved forward the darkness increased and the gray blurring turned into a jumble of shapes that made no sense.
Then, as suddenly as this had all happened, Larry reports that he seemed to pass “a barrier,” and that everything returned to focus but that it was now night time and the wind had completely ceased. Upon looking around himself, Larry found that the scenery had changed in other bizarre ways as well. Instead of the fir trees that had been around him before, there was now thick, unrecognizable and wild vegetation similar to a jungle, and the air seemed thick and oppressively humid. Even though it was now night and there was no discernible moon in the sky, he found that he could still see everything to some degree, as if there was some mysterious light source casting a faint frosting of light upon the landscape. At this point, Larry claims that the air was pierced by a “continuous high-pitched keening sound,” which immediately filled him with an unbearable sense of dread. The witness explained the really quite bizarre events that followed:

It was at this point, I heard a whispered “Gotcha” over my right shoulder. I couldn’t tell if I heard it with my ears or inside my head. The word wasn’t directed at me but something said the word quietly to itself. I was so terrified I actually felt my heart stop for a moment. That whispered word is what saved me. I opened my mouth and gasped in a huge gush of thick air and recoiled backward in the same footsteps I had entered wherever I was. As I threw myself backward, I looked over my right shoulder. A dark colored hairy right hand and arm was reaching for my throat over my shoulder. The hand had pale ivory spade-shaped fingernails. The nails looked clean and almost had a manicured look to them. The thumb was placed lower (towards the wrist) on the hand than a human’s is. Both hand and arm were thin and powerful looking and both were covered with thick coarse black hair. I got a good look at it because the thumbnail grazed my neck (it did not break the skin) as I moved backwards. As I continued backwards, the hand clutched where my neck had been a split second before and it seemed to fade off into the distance as I returned through the Portal.

Link to the rest of story:mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Wow what happened to your cousin I can't think anything could have sent more chills than a ghost?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Two buddies that shared a house with me were driving home from the mountains at midnight. They were about 8 miles outside of the city in the farm land, and the fog was super heavy. No homes around. They come to an country road intersection, and there's a very old woman standing on the corner dressed all on black in old fashion clothes, tightly clutching a clutch purse with both hands. Her face was white. Too white! She was just standing and staring. My buddies were freaked out. They stepped on the gas ( GTX, 440, 6-pack) and got the hell out of there.

They woke me up when they got home, because they just had to tell me all about it. They were totally freaked out. They kept saying that wasn't a person, it was a ghost. The driver said " That was the Grim Reaper, the Angel of death, it means someone is gonna die". I just kind of laughed it off.

Some months later, my friend who was driving that night was robbed, taken outside of the city on that same country road, had a shotgun held up to the side of his head , and they pulled the trigger. He had real blond hair, and there was so much blood, that the deceased was reported as a red head.

Fast forward about 25 years: I came across a local online post about people seeing the same old woman standing in that spot on that road. People were chiming in left and right about seeing her over the years, always dressed the same. Real white face. They all agreed on one thing. It is not a person. Its a ghost. They said who she was, and she had been killed in that spot on the road, long, long ago.

I don't drive that road at midnight.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That's interesting and it does seem familiar to my own experience .

It happened over 15 years ago though so I cant say for sure .

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The ghost doesn't bother me. Have to go pick up my daughter from work, but I'll be back later to tell you the other story.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Have had lots of em, cryptids,ufos,ghosts, but since its Halloween i think this will do..

So i have sleep paralysis pretty often, most of the times i stay pretty calm and maybe have a look at the scary nonsense my mind is creating, usually shadow people, one time there was a clown, pennywise to be exact, did not see it entirely, only his red hair, peeking over my bed, it just slowly went down and disappeared.

Anyways, this time it was different, i looked down, and saw this disgusting burned ghoul near my feet, then it grabbed my leg and started climbing up my body, the grip was strong as it pulled itself closer to my face, then it opened its mouth next to my ear and did this silent scream, then it was just gone.

still remember the horror when i felt it climbing.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I woke up in the middle of the night with a single thought boldly imprinted in my head: something is wrong with Mom! I don't remember if I was able to get back to sleep again, but later that day I received a call from a relative informing me that my mother was on her way back to the US from Japan because she was severely ill with an unknown (to Japanese doctors) cause.

She did live another 10 years, but that vision/dream/whatever was the beginning of her rapidly deteriorating health that left her completely paralyzed within a couple years (multiple sclerosis). I was very close to her, but when this thing happened to me I was not in contact with my immediate family and had no way of knowing that there was a problem.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How do you know if all the people you see when you are out and about are real, could some of them actually be spirits? Did you ever have someone walking by look strange at you when you are talking to someone in the store? Maybe it is just your zipper open, maybe it is just the toilet paper hanging out of your pants, but what about the other times?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not ready to call it paranormal but I don't know how to explain it. Years ago I was clearing out a basement in a home. It wasn't an overly large basement it was half finished. The part where you come down from upstairs was the unfinished portion. There was a small squeeze space behind the boiler and heater which I slid between to make sure no one was there. It was all clear so I was on my back up when I hear a smash and the sound of plastic spinning. I turn around and a few feet from me was this plastic emergency lamp that was on the shelf by the heater. It was a light piece maybe about three to five pounds. I picked it up and saw the empty spot on the shelf where it was . Now they were deep sturdy shelves and had it been hanging close to the edge I'd have knocked it over when I slipped by.

I put it back on thinking maybe my heavy footsteps shook it off but even with me banging and jumping on it it wouldn't budge unless it was hanging half off. Then even if it fell naturally it would have had to clear three stacked water bottle packages which I'm not sure how it would have done that to get close to me. There was no wind, no AC and like I said my attempts to recreate it failed. Definitely strange.

The next one I chalk up to late night fatigue but I'll be damned if a speeding car didn't appear to vanish in front me.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It was mid-July of 1976. I was in the process of moving from the Portland, Oregon area down to the SF Bay Area, to go to graduate school at Stanford, and my older brother was helping me with the driving. For reasons I can’t remember any more, we decided to take a few days off along the way and go backpacking in the Marble Mountain Wilderness area. That particular location is about 40 miles South of the Oregon border and about midway between Mount Shasta and the Pacific coast. Right in the center of Sasquatch country, as I was later to find out. After driving to the trail head and parking our vehicle there, we started out hiking around 11:00 AM, as I recall. I’m pretty sure we hiked up the trail that generally follows Boulder Creek up to lower and upper Wright Lakes. We arrived at upper Wright Lake in late afternoon and made camp in a designated camp site about 20 yards from the water’s edge.

The first night passed without incident, but late in the morning of the second day, a troupe of maybe 15 girl scouts aged about 12 to 18 arrived, announced that they were on a planned 3 day overnight camping trip and that they would be sharing the camp with us. No problem, we said.

The next morning, I decided I would like to get away from giggly girls for a few hours, so I announced that I was going to hike up into the high country behind the lake and see what I could find. Those are alpine likes, sitting in glacial-scoured basins, with steep scree slopes rising up behind them. So, about 11:00 AM, I started out on the trial up to the high country. The trail switchbacked around one end of the lake, gaining about 300 feet of altitude quickly and eventually going through a little pass that opened up onto a pleasant alpine meadow filled with Lupine. The pass still had a small snow patch in it, in the shadowed, North-facing parts. As I followed the trail across the snow patch, I noticed that many boots had walked across it and trampled the snow down to a muddy mess, but that off to the side, the snow was still in pristine condition, except for being covered with a thin layer of yellow Pine pollen.

I continued on my way up the trail and spent a couple of hours just soaking in the beauty and serenity of the place, ate my granola bars, and then decided to make my way back down to camp. As I came back to the snow-filled pass, I noticed that the snow that had been undisturbed on my way up had some new markings on it. The first thing I noticed was that something had mashed into the snow just a few inches to one side of the muddy path I was following. I knealt down to take a closer look and after a few seconds realized that the depression in the snow had the shape of a bare, 5 toed foot. The snow depth at that particular point was about 4 inches and whatever made the print had compressed the entire layer of snow right down to the ground. Except for the spaces between the toes. In the spaces between what would have been the toes, the snow was still standing and the layer of yellow Pine pollen was still undisturbed. I counted what would have been the toes, and there were 5, They went from one side of the print to the other in descending order of size. Behind the toes, there was a solid depression caused by what would have been the ball of the foot, followed by what would have been the heel. By this time, I had run out of hypotheses for what this could be, other than a large, human-looking foot print. As I was pondering this realization, it dawned on me that if there was one print there would almost certainly be more than one. I looked back up the snow field in the opposite direction from where the footprint was pointing and—sure enough—there was another one about 4 feet away. The same distance further up, there was another one. Looking down trail, there was a fourth print that was half on the snow and half on the mud. The first print I saw would have been a right foot. The previous print up the hill was a left print. The one above that was another right print. The fourth one, down the hill was another left. Whatever made the prints was walking in a regular left-right-left cadence. I decided to estimate the distance between prints. I took the longest stride I could comfortably manage (later measured at 36 inches) and estimated that the stride of whatever made the prints was about 50% longer than my stride—about 4.5 feet. I found a small pine stick and cut marks into it with my knife to record the length and width of the print. Later, when I got it home, it turned out to be about 7 inches wide and 16 inches long.

By that time, I had exhausted every possibility and had to conclude that sometime between when I came through the pass going uphill and came through going downhill, a large, bipedal creature with hominid, bare feet had passed over the same trail. I suddenly felt very small and started wondering how far away could such a creature be?

I can’t say for absolute certain that Sasquatch are real, but I can say with absolute certainty that Sasquatch footprints are real.

And no, I didn’t tell the Girl Scouts or my brother what I had seen that day until we were safely out of the woods. Maybe I’ll burn in Hell for that decision.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

How do you know if all the people you see when you are out and about are real, could some of them actually be spirits?
a reply to: rickymouse

That's a good thought mate , We always assume spirits are hiding in some old house or haunted place .

But an Overt spirit in broad daylight would go almost completely unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

How do you know if all the people you see when you are out and about are real, could some of them actually be spirits?
a reply to: rickymouse

That's a good thought mate , We always assume spirits are hiding in some old house or haunted place .

But an Overt spirit in broad daylight would go almost completely unnoticed.

Seen by some people and not by others. These days people talking to themselves are accepted as normal because of the cell phones with earbuds and mikes that are hard to see. Are they talking to a demon, ghost, or someone on the phone....and is the being on the other end of the phone even really a Human?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

This story gave me chills

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Katatonik

This story gave me chills

I have a picture of him, before he died, if you want more chills.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yes, please share with us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join