It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING North Korea, finally did it North Korea tests possible submarine missile amid tensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm really surprised the US news didn't cover this earlier. Big news in Japan.
North Korea tests possible submarine missile amid tensions

I don't hear any US fighter jets over Yamaguchi today so I guess everyone in the Govt. knew about it?

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Tuesday fired at least one ballistic missile, which South Korea’s military said was likely designed to be launched from a submarine, in what is possibly the most significant demonstration of the North’s military might since U.S. President Joe Biden took office.

The launch of the missile into the sea came hours after the U.S. reaffirmed an offer to resume talks on North Korea’s nuclear weapons program. It underscored how North Korea has continued to expand its military capabilities during the pause in diplomacy.

South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement it detected that North Korea fired one short-range missile it believed was a submarine-launched ballistic missile from waters near the eastern port of Sinpo, and that the South Korean and U.S. militaries were closely analyzing the launch.

It was fired from a submarine according to tonight's camera view.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Wasn't there an earthquake in Japan yesterday?

It wasn't related to the launch, was it?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No, but we had a 4.9 quake I think around Tokyo. That's the one you are thinking of. No real damage, some broken water lines.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

There subs make more noise than rave at full pelt.

Meaning any nation with modern surveillance capability can track them in their sleep.

So there is that.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

No, it was covered plenty, I read about it via the MSN news aggregate site of theirs that most news on here is linked from.

It's not getting the attention you want, because it's just moar NK playground tantrumming to the rest of the world. That and Japan seems to cry at the drop of a hat whenever a random Chinese or Korean so much as farts anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Another red herring with help from The China PLA Military Intelligence Department 🚨🤫

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I worry about how much NorKor, China and Iran are working together.

China and Iran might be giving them tech and $ to distract the USA. if something real happens they can both wash their hands of it.

wouldn't it be great if some of these resources were used to feed the hungry and house the unhoused.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I saw news about it after dinner last night. It just depends on where people are getting their news from, as always. I just checked my history and the first news article that I saw on this was posted on Oct 18, 2021 at 06:41 PM PDT.

edit on 19 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No, but we had a 4.9 quake I think around Tokyo. That's the one you are thinking of. No real damage, some broken water lines.

A few broken water lines would totally mess up soft spoiled americans.

new topics

top topics

join