It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth of the Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would love to hear more about peoples methaphorical interpretations of the Bible.
I look at the ancient texts that Holy books are based on as a kind of manual of spiritual AND scientific information written in story form... Using early language as a tool in attempt to explain the secrets of our universe that only a mind of higher consciousness can truly comprehend.

I have only recently started to research the Bible so I know little about it so far. I plan to broaden my horizons and look deeper into all religions eventually, as I believe they are all connected, and center around the sun.
I watched a video about this years ago but cant find it now, so if anyone knows more on what I'm referring to please feel free to elaborate for me in the comments.

The first story of the bible that intrigued me was of Adam and Eve.
I've read two theories so far which really made me think, the first one being that ADAM - the very first man - was a symbol for the very first ATOM.
Scientists say that atoms (what we are built of) are made from starDUST.
The bible also says man (so Adam) comes from DUST.. "from the dust we came to the dust we shall return."
It's also worth mentioning here for an example of similarities between different religions is that the Egyptian God of pre existence and post existence is called ATUM who created himself from a mound of DUST.

So does this mean Eve was a symbol of an electron (eV) after being 'taken' from Adam. The story says Eve was made from Adam's ribs (so his structural components?)
Was the GARDEN of Eden a symbol of their Energy FIELD?

I could go on, but I'm sure others here with a better understanding of physics would be able to explain in better detail, I dont want to type the wrong information, its important we all have correct facts before anyone can come to their own fair theory or conclusion.

I will post the other theory I've read about Adam and Eve and the Tree of Knowledge on another thread. But in the meantime what theories and interpretations do you all have about the Bible and other Holy Books? And what are your thoughts on the theory I have given?
I need to learn and read a lot more before I can come to my own conclusion and i believe hearing other peoples perceptions and opinions first hand is one of the best ways to learn quicker.

I genuinely love how intelligent the majority of you are on here as it can be hard to find that in real life
but please try and explain your ideas in a way someone new to this can understand, sometimes I can get lost in religious lingo, that's why I love metaphors and analogies lol they make concepts much easier to understand.

Thanks guys xx

edit on 18-10-2021 by reachingnirvana because: Wrong title

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One of my theories concerning the bible is that theories about the bible are a dime a dozen. Add em all up and you got enough to pay someone to make up more.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reachingnirvana

First I’d say before getting into it too much, do yourself a favor and study up on literary genre and learn to interpret the scriptures fairly and honestly. The story of creation as told in Genesis is Hebrew poetry. You can see this by the indentations used in the writing as well as the parallelism between (chapter 1) verses 1 & 4, 2 & 5, 3 & 6. Learn to read the text literally. And by that I mean if it’s poetry read it as poetry. If it’s historical narrative, read it as such. If it’s genealogy read it as genealogy. If it’s apocalyptic literature, read it as such. Keeping in mind, truth can be conveyed in each writing style so just because it’s poetry doesn’t mean it’s fiction. Once you begin to understand the complexity of the and harmony of the scriptures you’ll be blown away.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I love comparing rituals and text from different religions, it still amazes me how similar Judaism, Christianity and Muslim are, the prayers, the hats, the medical operations, kosher,halal. Everything.

One key difference that separates them is that in Judaism the words from god must be heard by all, and the other two religions accepts, that a single human being can hear god alone, and tell others about it.

But anyways, i believe the garden of eden was just that, an entire planet in a natural state, everything balanced, and us humans were a part of it. it was fun while it lasted, that is why it was written, so we would not forget, and maybe someday we will see how far we have drifted away from the path.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopeisasound
Thank you for your advice I didnt know any of that, I will certainly study up on it. I have always found language compelling there are so many hidden messages and connections throughout it so I definitley know what you mean about understanding it properly first.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would refer to the Belgic Confession, second and third articles:

Article 2, last part:

God makes himself known to us more clearly
by his holy and divine Word,
as much as we need in this life,
for God’s glory
and for our salvation.

And Article 3:

We confess that this Word of God
was not sent nor delivered “by human will,”
but that “men and women moved by the Holy Spirit
spoke from God,”
as Peter says.
Afterward our God—
with special care
for us and our salvation—
commanded his servants, the prophets and apostles,
to commit this revealed Word to writing.
God, with his own finger,
wrote the two tables of the law.
Therefore we call such writings
holy and divine Scriptures.

That sums it up for me.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The bible is designed to aid in social engineering and ultimately keep the peasants in line by a perverted elite using compliance through fear.

The old testament is about a god who is the envy of every dictator that has ever ruled over a people. He does whatever he wants to people and boy does he like to get creative while killing "his children".

If you can accept him as one to worship then the new world order will be a walk in the park for you. He dominates everyday behaviour through constant surveillance and severe punitive measures via a social credit rating attached to a device called a soul that's even smaller than nanobots. It has never been detected in a single human but rather attests to the beauty of humanity when humanity has the opportunity to be beautiful, like when raising a child with love and leaving the world a better place because you were in it. A difficult task and a worthy challenge, to be sure.

Those who suck up to him are rewarded while those who question are accused of having less faith than a mustard seed.

Incidentally, you also need only as much faith as a mustard seed to literally move mountains, which tells us all we need to know about the faith as well as the faithful.

The old testament is a test to see how much bs you can swallow while ignoring your own superior morals before they give you the real doozy: the New Testament.

The old testament also shatters the illusion that right and wrong remains unchanged in a Supreme Being over an infinite period of time. In fact, it wildly fluctuates within a 6000 year period.

In the new testament god sends himself to earth to sacrifice himself to save us from himself because of rules he created himself.

The not so subtle nuance at play here is visible to even the casual believer: the childlike petulance and primitive wrath has been exchanged for self mutilation and emo introspection.

Basically a chucky doll turned troubled teenager.

Alternatively look to the abusive husband (OT) metaphor who comes back in tears crying about how he loves you(NT).

Realizing that his version of earth might not self sustain if he goes into hiding for millennia he promises terrible wrath when he returns to all who dares not to accept through blind faith.

His followers go on in the centuries after his death trying to emulate his bloodthirst in the OT.

The catholics create the biggest pedophile network mankind will ever see.

Religion rakes in money tax free on a global scale and acts as fatcat union bosses between the government (politics) and the people (laborers).

The similarities between the various faiths exists because they all follow the principles of a pyramid scheme.

See, we've always been controlled but at least it was by our own culture.

Scratch that. All of our ancestors had other beliefs before christianity became Roman mainstream, Europe and the parts of the world that followed by conversion through the sword.

Yup. Your bloodline was not always Christian.

The same people who bs'd the world with the Abrahamic system of control are now in charge of the new madness.

Believers will say "this might be the end times".

Which means if tptb control the narrative then this is self fulfilling prophecy which the people who are meant to resist it have been co-opted into believing that this is the way things must be.

A perfect system of control that even if a believer reads and understands these words they will have zero effect on them.

I call that brainwashed.

They call it faith.

Having said all that let me finish by saying that Ghandi was an idiot who had it backwards.

Christians would be great if it wasn't for the Christianity.
edit on 18-10-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Very interesting intake! And your point kind of connects to my next post on this subject. how maybe God isnt who we are led to believe he is, why else did He not want us to eat from the tree of knowledge? Why didnt he want us to understand the truth of good and evil if he was the good one.
And as you say, the God of the old testament is painted in a different light compared to the new testament.
Although I know about the fake reality of lies and mind control the elites impose on us, I never considered your point about people accepting the end times instead of resisting.
It makes perfect sense, i dont allow myself to feel fear anymore (as thats what they want) but when I used to worry about what is to come of this world in the near future, I would console myself by thinking whatever happens is the way things are meant to be. And I'm not even religious.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
Thank you for your insight, that was very eye opening to read. I had never read the Belgic confession before.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

We say: a government must be afraid of the people, but now the people are afraid of government.

They have merely caught up to religion.

If a believer had one wish, would they wish for a world where love and decency was the way of the world, or would they wish for a god who genuinely espoused these characteristics in order to teach us his ways?

If they choose the latter, the desire the be ruled over and infantilised is the one quality that will have us bent over a barrel for all eternity.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hey Bones, forgive me, I don’t know anything about you so please don’t take this the wrong way. I’m genuinely curious if you’ve actually read the Bible all the way through without any presuppositions or biases? Or are you just repeating what you’ve heard others say that resonates with your world view? Again, no offense intended, genuinely curious.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Bible is the record of a relationship between a people and their God.
Hence the combination of theology, history, law, their praise, his complaints, their complaints, and more theology.
In the case of Genesis, it helps if you think of it as part of the theology rather than as part of the history.
The point of the story of Adam and Eve is that something has gone wrong in the relationship between God and man.

edit on 18-10-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No offense taken, and no forgiveness necessary.

I was born and raised into the faith and with the innocence of a child I have looked upon that which was conveyed to me as the ultimate authority, the ultimate expression of love and the embodiment of hope in a hopeless world.

I understood those concepts yet no matter how hard I tried I failed to reconcile those aspects with what the bible describes as God.

If God knows everything before it happens there's no such thing as free will in a linear timeline.

It would also then be unnecessary to put Abraham through such trauma as to agree to sacrifice his own child in order to test his faith.

Put these qualities to any human being and you would be dealing with a certifiable crazed psychopath.

If apologetics becomes necessary because people fail to interpret his message correctly (presumably myself), then I contend that based on the gravity of the situation (the battle for the soul) the message is an exercise in futility or became so twisted that it has become unrecognizable and impossible to reconcile with gut feel decency and common sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

As not to derail the thread, if you’d ever like to talk about some of those issues you’ve raised, please message me and we can pick each others brains. Who knows, it might be fun! I was also “raised Christian” but I eventually became a hostile atheist. I even shared some of the same views you expressed. I in the last couple of years have come to understand the flaws in my prior atheistic and hostile views of God and Christianity. Currently I’ve never been more sure of anything that not only does God exist, but he’s a loving and just God. Hit me up if you’d like a friendly “debate” of views.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The truth is that the Bible is desperately overdue for a sequel that is composed specifically for modern audiences of the 21st century. The sad reality of the situation is that less and less of society is finding scripture relatable or educational, and that trend will continue unless the millenium testament (title idea?) is printed by an author who can back up their sage wisdom with credible displays of spiritual influence. No excuses.

edit on 18-10-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You may be interested in books by Neil Douglas Klotz, "Prayers of the Cosmos" or "The Hidden Gospel".

His view is that the Bible was written in ancient Aramaic and translated to Greek and Latin. A translation from an Eastern Language and Culture to Western Language and Culture.

Very much was lost when a western person tried to understand an eastern writing.. Most or all of the letters or sounds of an Aramaic word meant something in the eastern culture to make up the word, the western translation lost all that deeper meaning, sort of flattened it out.

For example in Aramaic the word for god representing what god is was basically "the source of us" - western version - "father". It was modified to show an extension or expansion of that name for the word used to designate where god is... "in the expanse of gods own essence" - western version "heaven".

So you could see how just the first line of the "Our Father" takes on not a new meaning, but a clearer meaning.
The western interpreters could not deal with the more eastern concept that god resides in his expanse through everything... for western culture god was our father and had to live somewhere, that classic somewhere was "obviously" heaven.

Anyway, my example is very clumsy compared to the books, but if this type of clarification sounds interesting, check them out.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

To hell with what everybody else says no matter what they said.

You listen to me. You are in for one wild ride. The Bible is unmatched
in every category. The discovery's are never ending at least to our
lifetime. And you can depend on it's history and it's truth. Gene Kim
can show you how the Bible is the most mind blowing collection
of ancient writings on the planet bar none. Once you understand the
depth of the writings. And the impossibility of it's existence. You
will know the truth of the Bible. All by yourself no church no
sermons, no pastor. Just your own research. I hope you find out what
I did and more.

You will not be disappointed.

I'm excited for you. Seeing someone about to find out how the
world deceives and lies about the Creator is astonishing.
Stick with it failure is impossible.

edit on 18-10-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the outreach. That is commendable and one of the reasons I actually like believers.

In some you can see a genuineness which does in fact make the world a better place.

And I agree, militant atheism is an awkward phase which one needs to grow out of because a lot of it is grounded in hatred and vitriol.

That's no way to live and basically comparable to 4th wave feminism which becomes cliche and sets one's self up as a caricature with a a junior woodchuck guide of readily available answers.

It is however necessary for a lot of ex believers to go through that phase because of the immense stranglehold that religion can have on someone psychologically.

It must never be more than a pitstop though because it becomes something akin to TDS if you can't let it go.

On a side note, my 6 year old son asked me the other day how does one pray to Jesus. I told him that he must talk to Jesus the same as if someone is physically there with him. He asked what should he talk about and I told him anything that he wants to talk about. Things that make him happy or things that make him sad. I told him to speak what is in his heart.

He asked me who I love more him or Jesus and I said:what do you think? He knew the answer without me having to reply.

(post by DaCook removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yes agree all religions are connected but I think its a mistake to believe they centered around a physical sun or physical atom. ​Books like Torah have multiple layers of understanding. They also written by multiple authors that may not use the same symbolic relationships within those layers.

The first genesis account explains the creation of spirtual and material realms. In which humankind re made with two natures. Adam (male) represents our spiritual nature that is made in the image of God whilst Eve (female) is our material nature made from dust. With the serpent being the ego-mind of Eve, The first tree represents our spinal chord that allows us to witness sensations. The second tree of knowledge of good and evil is this universe of dualities in which sensations exists.

Without the nature of Adam no sentinent being could exist. It is our seat of conciousness that exists in absolute stillness. Eve's serpent (our mind) on the other hand exists in a turbulence of desires. Which corrupts the stillness of the absolute. Giving us a sense of ego. The point of which is to explore all relative truths from physical realm. To attain enlightenment through our sensations.

The reason religion masquarades the truth therefore becomes obvious. Our ego fears its own mortality. So religion tackles those fears from different angles. Sometimes enternalizing them as devils etc.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join