It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 UFO Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In late 2006, at around 8:30pm I was driving back home after some grocery shopping. The sun was getting low, but was still pre twilight.
The street i was on was a suburban area, so the last thing I was expecting was to witness what I did.

A deep orange, red coloured light caught my attention. It was low in the sky, directly to my right.

I grew up not far from an airport, so my first thought was a planes headlight. I slowed down and wound down my window, thinking "what the bugger is this plane doing?"
It was now getting closer, and seemed to be coming directly in my direction. I came to a stop, and expected to hear the engine of a plane as it was getting very close. There was only silence.

The object was a consistent deep red, or amber colour. It seemed to be glowing or radiating this colour, but not flickering like a flame. It was slightly elongated and not a perfect sphere (a little more rounded than a rugby ball)

I got out of my car and stood in the middle of the road, and watched as this thing closed in. I realised this was not a plane, but something completely out of the normal.
The object stopped directly over me, and was now a perfect circle. I estimated it to be between 100 - 150ft high, not much higher than a large tree. I estimated it was around 10ft in diameter.

I didn't feel any fear or threat. My mind was racing with the thought "WTF, WTF..." Then all I could think of was finding someone else to see this thing. As I was on what is a semi busy street I was ready to stop any car that came along.

This next part I cant explain. The object that was directly above me, now seemed to shrink, and in a fraction of a second seemed to be way high.

I thought of an old friend who lived in the next suburb, less than 2km away. So I jumped back in my car, and drove as fast as I could while keeping an eye on the object that was now very high but still over head.

I frantically raced to my mates door and pounded on it. He came out (later told me he thought there had been an accident by my urgency) apparently I was saying "UFO, UFO"

Another guy was also there. I took them out and pointed to the object.

It was now getting darker, and there were a couple of stars becoming visible. The object was now not much brighter than the evening star, but still had the deep red colour, and still obviously not a star.

My friend is a self taught aeronautics expert. One of those people that can identify any plane from a distance.

Anyway, we stood there looking at this thing that was now just a bright red star, but stood out like a sore thumb. I told them what had happened and pleaded that they don't take their eyes off it. (I think this thing was trying to look like a star)

This went on for twenty plus minutes, when suddenly it swayed three or for times, like a falling leaf (i know that's an old one, but it best fits the description). Then it departed at what would be a crazy speed, but it did it in a pulse.
Picture when you view a satellite gently traverse the sky, but this thing did it in the space of one or two seconds, in a flicker or pulse.

All three of us became ecstatic. This was so out of the normal.

When it left, a jet did look to be heading towards it. I don't know if that is what caused it to go or not.

I have seen a few unexplainable things, but this was so much more than just a strange light in the sky. We reported it to the NSW UFO research place and had phone interviews and later a personal interview. Years later I contacted them and requested if there was any further updates or if it was possible to get a copy of anything they had on it. Sadly the guy that did the report had passed away, and I was unable to get anything.

During the original interview I asked if this was a common sighting, and he proceeded to relay several others from over the same period. And he also had a name for it, that I wish I could remember. I think it was because he deducted that it was within our atmosphere by the low angle it approached me.

The troubling part that has stuck with me, and even began to eat at me is the point when it shrunk/ascended when it was overhead (I know things get smaller as the get further away, but this was unnatural) I cant help but thinking it was possibly due to missing time? I don't mean a long time and I was abducted, but a matter of seconds to a minute. As that would explain how one second it was right there, then the next it was well high.

And the "why me?" was it just a random thing and it pick out my car by chance?

I am glad it happened, but the frustration of wanting to know is a burden. I doubt I will ever get answers.
It also caused me to look into similar sightings as I have no doubt they are not all Chinese lanterns. And at that time there were more of these sightings than what there seems to be today.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
About the shrinking thing, I recently saw this video on youtube from Preston Dennett, it's about abductees being shrunk at least & ufos looking much bigger inside than out etc

video

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

What a wonderful experience with such a great story to tell. It's stories like yours that keep me from falling into complete disbelief. I had several sightings as a teenager back in the early sixties. One was as clear as you describe but not as long.

The closeness of the vision to you sure seems to be a ''why you'' type of thing. One of mine was also one that left me with that sense of ''why me''.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Interesting story. Thank you for a good read before I head off to bed.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Looks like a nice video.. gonna watch later, thx

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

My aunt saw what you describe coming over the mountains next to a small rural town in South Africa in the 90s.

I 100% believe you.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I had two major UFO experiences but I don't know how to describe them. They were both in broad daylight. Even though other people were around, no one was looking at the sky like I was. I thought this was really strange (that no one else was looking). Maybe I was hallucinating. I even called a local news station but they were unable to confirm any other sightings in the area. I was happy that they didn't talk down to me or as if they thought I was nuts. The person I spoke with was friendly and matter-of-fact about the whole thing. I tried to tell a few family members about this but quit halfway because of the looks on their faces. You could tell they didn't think I saw any UFOs or they thought that it was just my imagination or something.

top topics

join