It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Renovation Projects always lead to more projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Don’t you hate that? You start out doing one thing to fix up or freshen up your house and before you know it you have seven projects going.

We decided to get our carpeting replaced. We shopped around, found a great local place and put the order in. We could have stopped there, but you know it never works like that. We decided now would be a good time to paint half the house. Then of course some of the ceiling fans needed replacing. The light switch, and outlet covers had seen a better day. Then I was cleaning up one of the bathrooms and noticed the seat looked old. We replaced that, then I noticed a small leak from the toilet. So what started out as carpeting has gone all the way to toilet repair!

My poor husband is counting down the minutes until this carpeting is down so I don’t come up with any more projects. The worst part is you can’t find any help now, nobody is available at all, so if you want these things done you have to just do them yourself.

edit on 11-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm trying to build a house- out rather, hey I've built because the local laws make it impossible for a person with a job to build their own.

Can't get an electrician to answer the phone, nevermind the ten other professionals I need to cooperate.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've been trying to get someone to do up some wood work on a mailbox, trash bin enclosure, and a back deck. Going on 7 months into the search now, landscaper is 5 months out, it's crazy.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Even when workmen were avaiable, one thing led onto another.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This past year saw the completion of the restoration on our Victorian. I'm done with major projects, now it's just maintenance.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

This past year saw the completion of the restoration on our Victorian. I'm done with major projects, now it's just maintenance.

I’m hoping we are done this week, if the stars align!

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Hopefully it works out for you, I'm glad it's done and now it's just the usual crap like resealing the porches regularly, touch up painting and the usual small jobs around the house.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hopefully it works out for you, I'm glad it's done and now it's just the usual crap like resealing the porches regularly, touch up painting and the usual small jobs around the house.

Are you ever really done with an old house?
I had a house from 1937 and I swear it was always something.
I will say I think that house could have withstood a bomb! They sure don’t build them like they used to.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Are you ever really done with an old house?

Not really, there's always something that pops up.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

edit on 12-12-2021 by DISRAELI because: Accidentally repeated post made two moths ago

new topics

top topics

join