It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking and Covid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtcrime
a reply to: RussianTroll

Interesting.

I recall early on (March or April 2020) there was a study from China about smokers and COVID. The study showed only 17% of middle aged men who smoked got COVID, compared to male non-smokers their age. It was controversial; the Chinese promised further study on the matter but we haven’t heard anything else since.

I’m not gonna rely on a single study, but…. My wife and I are both smokers. I’m certain we both caught COVID back in March or April last year. Compared to what I’ve heard from others, our bout of COVID was pretty mild: brain fog that lasted a month, low energy, a sense that nothing mattered, loss of appetite, a mild fever that lasted two days. And that’s pretty much it.

I remember that too.

It was quickly forgotten about due to the taboo around smoking.

It's quite the quandary. Smoking heavily is of course bad for your health but every smoker I know is still going. I also noticed that smokers rarely suffer from colds/flu.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Thoughtcrime
a reply to: RussianTroll

“This is because all over the world there is a fight not against smoking, but against smokers”.

Too true. I have to wonder, as American society continues to crack down on and demonizes cigarette smoking and smokers, why is there such a big push to legalize marijuana?

In Russia, marijuana is not related to smoking. She's criminalized. If more than 4 grams are found - a prison term of more than 10 years.

That's too harsh.

Personal use doesn't deserve 10 years. In fact, it doesn't deserve any years...

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i know a bunch of smokers that say smoking coats their lungs ,which helps them not get covid. I just assumed it was them trying to always justify their smoking but maybe there is some truth toit. They never got covid..a reply to: RussianTroll

<< 1  2   >>

join