It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LaGuardia Airport 'security incident' prompts plane evacuation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Republic Airlines Flight 4817 and traveling from Indianapolis to New York City has reportedly been evacuated on the runway at New York City’s LaGuardia airport after a report of a suspicious package caused an emergency landing. www.foxnews.com...
Indianapolis resident Laura Bergdoll who was on the flight with her 7-year-old son said that as soon as the plane landed “the pilots and flight attendants started yelling ‘evacuate! evacuate!’ and we all got off the plane.” Bergdoll said she heard that “someone was acting suspiciously and made some type of bomb threat.”

Here, NYPD has a guy on the ground.

The guy on the ground appears to be Middle Eastern, hard to tell.

In the back ground, you can see them spraying the jet down.

edit on V352021Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 09 Oct 2021 17:35:39 -05001 by Violater1 because: oiugitre

(post by Macenroe82 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
A Port Authority spokesperson said a passenger on the plane was displaying suspicious and erratic behavior that caused concern to other passengers.
kdvr.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
On poster believes drugs are involved.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The New York Times has added, "Mr. Khuja, 19, said that after he had gotten off the plane, he saw emergency responders throw a man to the ground. “The lady next to him was talking to him the whole time and telling him not to do it,” he said. “I think the guy had gone crazy.” www.nytimes.com...

For what it's worth, CNN states, "Passengers told Port Authority Police that at one point during the flight the passenger reached for his luggage and they were scared, Port Authority spokesperson Thomas Topousis told CNN. " www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

My sources within the New York Justice Department have told me that the suspect, while carrying a live bomb was vaccinated.

So he was released and was made to make a pinkie-swear that he would return to court next year.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My sources within the New York Justice Department have told me that the suspect, while carrying a live bomb was vaccinated.

So he was released and was made to make a pinkie-swear that he would return to court next year.

D B-holio! I was drinking a very hot coffee!

edit on 10-10-2021 by Bigburgh because: My shorts are made of thin fabric.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Pwew, and there i was, worried that he had not been vaccinated or had his booster shot. I hope they gave him his bomb back ?

Other than that. Was the TSA on their lunch break or were they to busy fond. Patting down grade schoolers?

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
From Seattle Washington KIRO. www.kiro7.com...
A passenger will not face charges after prompting a flight to make an emergency landing Saturday at New York City’s LaGuardia Airport, according to multiple reports.
Update 12:20 p.m. EDT Oct. 10: In a statement obtained by the AP, a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said “nothing harmful was on the aircraft.”
A passenger on the flight, Valerie Falsetta, told WCBS-TV that a woman sitting next to the passenger reported for suspicious behavior “said he was acting weird the whole plane ride.”
“She got up to use the bathroom supposedly and told the pilot (that there was) suspicious stuff in his bag,” she said.
Eyewitness News spoke to a man who was on flight. He says the suspect was sitting about five or six rows behind him and heard a woman say, "Don't do that, don't do that." Once the plane landed safely, passengers rushed to get off -- pushing each other down the slides. Some were bloodied.
"We landed really hard and then out of nowhere people were screaming in the back of the airplane," the passenger said. "Some guy apparently may have had a bomb on him. It was a suspicion of a bomb and then everyone was just shoving and pushing, jumping out of the airplane. They launched a slide. People were falling off the slide left and right. They were bleeding. It was crazy." abc7ny.com...
Something doesn't sound right here.
1. The first to report that the suspect will NOT be charged is from reporter Fawad Khuja of ABC Ch 7, New York. “After interviewing the passenger, authorities determined there was no criminality.
Port Authority Police described it as a "misunderstanding." abc7ny.com...
2. Ultra Liberal West Coast Seattle Washington KIRO Ch 7, reporting the second update on this East Coast situation. “A passenger will not face charges after prompting a flight to make an emergency landing Saturday at New York City’s LaGuardia Airport, according to multiple reports…spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said “nothing harmful was on the aircraft.” And “According to FAA officials, all of the passengers made it safely off the aircraft, WNBC reported. The plane landed after passengers reported suspicious activity from someone on board the flight, a Port Authority spokesperson told the television station. www.kiro7.com...
3. NO charges filed after "According to Port Authority officials, passengers on Flight 4817 reported "suspicious behavior" from another passenger." abc7ny.com...
4. Witness's name is "Falsetta?" Really?
This goes hand in hand with some of the bizarre happenings in The USA today. What are your thoughts?

top topics

join