It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timberview High School shooting suspect released on bail from Tarrant County Jail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
www.star-telegram.com...

The shooting was yesterday. He turned himself in to police.
Today he is out on bail...

Wha?

But I guess it's ok with many people. He and his family say he was being bullied and had the weapon in his bag for self-defense.
Is this how it will go down? This 18 year old may become a conservative hero because he was carrying a weapon and used it in self defense?

I guess we will have to wait for the trial to see as more information comes forth for a jury to decide if he was a defender or an aggressor.

I don't know. I'm just a bit stunned that a shooting at a high school with the shooter taken alive instead of dead and he is free on bail inside of a day.

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

If only Kyle Rittenhouse was a black fella, he too could have enjoyed the double standards afforded to non-white males who shoot people in 'self defense'.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Wishful thinking. It may be decided by a jury that he was defending himself but I assure you the only thing to come from this that affects the rest of the world will be a 200 page law that was already written and waiting for the right moment to introduce the bill.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Isn’t it illegal to carry a weapon onto school grounds?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The bullying excuse is ridiculous to me. His life was not in danger, as another article says:

Pettitt and several other teachers and coaches jumped in to break up the fight. The 15-year-old student “ultimately gave up and stopped being combative,” the arrest warrant says. Simpkins walked to an orange backpack and grabbed a gun, witnesses told police. Simpkins pointed the gun at the student he had been fighting with and shot him, the warrant says. Pettitt was shot, as well. Another teacher, Pariesa Altman, was also injured during the shooting, but was not shot. Police said she fell and declined medical treatment. After seeing Simpkins pull out the gun, one teacher ran out of the classroom and heard several shots go off, the warrant says. Another witness — a student — told police she saw Simpkins shoot seven to eight times. Students near the classroom told the Star-Telegram they heard three to six shots and screaming.

Student in Timberview Shooting Charged; Warrant Details How Witnesses Say it Happened

So the 15 year old who started the fight with him was already being non combative after teachers broke up the fight and this guy goes to his backpack, gets a gun and starts apparently shooting indiscriminately at teachers and students. Ok. He is an 18 year old man so he should get the book thrown at him. Probably won't happen and we all know why.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Retribution normally happens out on bail. He better find a good hiding spot.

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This white privilege is really out of contr... wait, ooh this is awkward.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Huh? that seems pretty f'd up, no, not "seems" this "is" very bizarre. This doesn't sound like self defence at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Bail? Thats cute.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
www.star-telegram.com...

The shooting was yesterday. He turned himself in to police.
Today he is out on bail...

Wha?

But I guess it's ok with many people. He and his family say he was being bullied and had the weapon in his bag for self-defense.
Is this how it will go down? This 18 year old may become a conservative hero because he was carrying a weapon and used it in self defense?

I guess we will have to wait for the trial to see as more information comes forth for a jury to decide if he was a defender or an aggressor.

I don't know. I'm just a bit stunned that a shooting at a high school with the shooter taken alive instead of dead and he is free on bail inside of a day.

Something about this situation suggests that they don't have enough evidence to confirm he was in fact the gun assailant and his charges are still pending investigation. His lawyer recommended he turn himself into police as a gesture of good will rather than an admission of guilt.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Does he get to keep the gun? In case he needs to defend himself by shooting wildly again.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
One would argue that most school shooters are bullied to some degree....

An ass whipping at school though doesn't justify pulling out a gun. Take you "L" and move on with your life.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I haven't seen any Conservatives saying what he did was right and I don't think you will. No one else has mentioned politics except you.
Your bias is showing.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Something about this situation suggests that they don't have enough evidence to confirm he was in fact the gun assailant

How does a room full of people witnessing him shooting 3 people not constitute enough evidence?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I can't make a determination on his guilt or innocence until I know his vaccination status.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Kyle was carrying a gun at a high school? Nope. No comparison
Kyle is released?

Liberals make some strange comparisons, dont they?

Show us the video of of them attacking him, then we will decide.

What skin color gets privilege?

Ive served as a juror at least 5 times. Once for 3 months. There is a process involved in determining legality.

After all, Joe said everyone should go get shotguns. I know, because I ran out and got one right away. 12 gage. It fires magnum slugs. Best advice Joe ever gave.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can't make a determination on his guilt or innocence until I know his vaccination status.

LMAO!
That comes with severe penalty

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It was all mostly fine except for the probably illegal gun and shots fired not to mention who pays for all the "emergency" and "manhunt" expenses 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

If only Kyle Rittenhouse was a black fella, he too could have enjoyed the double standards afforded to non-white males who shoot people in 'self defense'.

or just been shot dead by cops for carrying a gun. yeah the double standards.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

or just been shot dead by cops for carrying a gun. yeah the double standards.

And maybe there wouldn't of been people there with guns, if the police were doing their jobs? keeping stuff from being burned down/destroyed. Over a dumbass like Jacob Blake..I think?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join