It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somebody explain Candy Crush to me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No , just No.
Tetris from the 70s .

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Agreed...

Say no to the candy crush

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Agreed...

You agree ?
With me ?
On a game ?

Wonderful
There are so many REAL games out there , other than phone games.....

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Disclaimer..where I work, King is part of that.

Candy Crush is mindless fun for people that enjoy games like that.

I'll admit prior to working here or after I have played it to pass time.

Mobile gaming serves a role, just like console gaming does just like PC gaming does. I have done all three though mobile the least.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Akragon

Agreed...

You agree ?
With me ?
On a game ?

Wonderful
There are so many REAL games out there , other than phone games.....

lol... on a game that should never be played...

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I like strip poker on my phone. It gets very interesting when playing in on the train, though.

ha... I couldn't play poker to save my life. But I do think solitaire is good at keeping the brain functioning. Just have to turn mobile data and wifi off so I don't get constant spam videos after every game.

never played candy crush. Don't think that sort of thing appeals to me much. Though I do play a silly racing game (works better with my controller and a clip device to connect the phone to it) called Beach Buggy Racing 2 - without the controller you have no control..
but with it, you can steer properly, accelerate and break, etc.. not just full speed ahead and stop when you almost hit a crab.

stupid game, but I don't play much on devices. it's definitely a time waster though, for any long arduous journey on public transport. or when you're just bored.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I've played Candy Crush for years and still enjoy it. To a large extent it's mindless fun. I may play 20-30 minutes a day and it is relaxing. I've been stuck on a few levels for days on end, and then get lucky.

You get boosters etc for passing certain levels, challenges, and also for logging in each day

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I prefer Magical Drop 2 and Puyo Puyo Fever 2 for this type of stuff, but that's just me.

Also, the 'Bejeweled' games are good.

edit on 4-1-2022 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Its like an old eight bit game, beep, boop, and fun sounds and colours.

Far better if you could get it would be to have a game of Icicle works (boulderdash on the commodore plus 4 but better than the original Commodore 64 game, addictive sound, simple game play and tactics leading from one screen to another or in the case of that older game from one maze to another) or Jet Set Willy a two dimensional platform puzzle and trap solving game.

You can probably play them online in some browser or other so give them a search and though they are older and far less glossy they are better than the likes of candy crush but have that same BUT original addictive gameplay element.

Modern PC games spend too much time worrying about graphic's and not enough about game play, back then it was simpler gameplay came first.

And if you really want to dig the barrel for great games better than the likes of that candy crush Tetris type game go search of Jeff Minters attack of the mutant camels and old Commodore 64 classic that will definitely be playable somewhere in some emulator or browser some place.

Beware of these games though, I mean not only the older ones (it's the sites that host them you have to beware of) but the newer ones especially those published by Tencent they have a lot of spyware built into them, a great example of this is Zuma's revenge a game that comes with plenty of statistics reporting software and market research crap you never wanted on your system.

c64online.com...
c64online.com...
c64online.com...
c64online.com...

Good luck finding the right control's but there are over 7000 games on that site along just for the old Commodore 64 a legendary home computer that was really more of a games console than anything else, yes graphic's have come on a bit but give them a go, not just a quick one but some time and soon you will find these old gem's were often better than the modern sparkly but awful games of today.

There are other emulators from 8 bit up to 32 bit such as Sinclair Spectrum, Dragon 32 (32 Kilobyte of memory so they called it after how much memory it had not it's 8 bit processor), BBC micro computer, Nimbus, Coleco, Nintendo, Atari, Amiga, Play station one and two etc.

edit on 5-1-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
From what i know it's a matching free game where you have to match candies and complete levels. There are stuff in game that you can buy with real money but other than that the game is mostly free. I hope that explained it better

top topics

<< 1   >>

join