It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somebody explain Candy Crush to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm looking for a game to play to pass the time. I love to play Spider, but I've gotten to the expert level and that just drives you crazy after a while. Same with Free Cell and Solitaire. I keep hearing about this Candy Crush game. I have questions:

a.) Does it cost money to play? Not interested in paying money to play a game. I don't care if I have to buy it once, but I'm not paying money to play every time.

b.) Can it be played on a laptop? I know lots of people have it on their phones, but I don't usually do much on my phone except call and get email.

c.) Can it be played offline? Or, does it have to be connected online all the time where it uses up bandwidth constantly?

d.) Is it a speed game? In other words, does it jam you for time, or can you take your time playing it? Does each level go faster and faster? Not really interested in anything which makes me feel rushed. I can do "rushed" in everyday life, why would I want that in a game?

e.) Basically, what is the objective of the game? Or, how does it work basically?

Thanks in advance!

FCD

ETA - Oh yeah, and a big one...Not interested in anything which requires a credit card to start playing. Period.
edit on 10/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

a It is free.

b It can be played on a laptop.

c It is an online game on the PC as far as I know. (It's browser-based.)

d It is not a speed game.

e The game shows you how to play.

Just try it, you'll know if you like it soon enough. It's fun, imho.

It is free!

ETA Link to game. Candy Crush Saga
edit on 5/10/21 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 Apparently there is a Windows application version, never tried it myself though.
edit on 5/10/21 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Candy crush is just a rip off of the 1999 game Flux. Flux is the OG.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Is that game still available? Is it free?

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks.

How much bandwidth does it use? Does it use more than 500mb per day?

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If it is a Tencent game then it acts by putting other software onto your PC that many do not trust, software the sends statistical information back to Tencent a Chinese company, what is statistical data, well some regard it as malware.

Other than that it is just a more colourful Tetris clone I think.

Though I think it actually game from another company.
As you can see from this however it DOES have components that are NOT the game.
www.zdnet.com...

There are quite a few games with these data collecting problems such as Zuma's Revenge (probably a better game), still better forewarned so you can decide for yourself.

edit on 5-10-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Sorry, outside of classic Tretis, I've never played Candy Crunch or any of that ilk.

However, have you considered chess? It's the best strategy game of all time and will keep your mind sharp.

To quote from Wargames:

Joshua to Professor Falken: A strange game*. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

* For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, Joshua is a military supercomputer programmed to predict and execute nuclear war against the Soviet Union, and it is referring to the game of Tic-tac-toe.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I enjoy playing it. It has enough levels to keep you busy for a really long time. It is also free to play but you can purchase things to speed up your progress. It is not required though. It involves luck and strategy and is a simple time waster if that is what you are looking for.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Beat me to it. Chess the best game of all time! Can spend a lifetime improving at it. A very beautiful game when played well. Definitely helps with memorization, planning, problem solving. Also when playing against people there is a competitive aspect. Playing against computers can help you improve but it's just different, I like playing humans more.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm looking for a game to play to pass the time. I love to play Spider, but I've gotten to the expert level and that just drives you crazy after a while. Same with Free Cell and Solitaire. I keep hearing about this Candy Crush game. I have questions:

a.) Does it cost money to play? Not interested in paying money to play a game. I don't care if I have to buy it once, but I'm not paying money to play every time.

b.) Can it be played on a laptop? I know lots of people have it on their phones, but I don't usually do much on my phone except call and get email.

c.) Can it be played offline? Or, does it have to be connected online all the time where it uses up bandwidth constantly?

d.) Is it a speed game? In other words, does it jam you for time, or can you take your time playing it? Does each level go faster and faster? Not really interested in anything which makes me feel rushed. I can do "rushed" in everyday life, why would I want that in a game?

e.) Basically, what is the objective of the game? Or, how does it work basically?

Thanks in advance!

FCD

ETA - Oh yeah, and a big one...Not interested in anything which requires a credit card to start playing. Period.

Candy crush is a freemium game where you get frequent ads if you don't pay for the full version. There's no way to block ads. It can be played off line but certain features will not work properly, primarily the ad and "game store" aka trade real money for digital money features. The game does scale up in difficulty as you progress, which is where they offer abilities and tools in-game that require the previously mentioned digital money you buy with real money, in order to keep winning.

It's an addiction, that I have observed in other gamers who specialize in freemium app achievements. I wouldn't recommend.
edit on 5-10-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

8 Ball Pool.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

OMG!!!
Bro.... stay away from candy crush.
I literally just spent the entirety of an iPad battery playing that damn game.
I just plugged the stupid Ipad into the stupid wall.

Im sitting in my office with 4 reports to do, a 3D model to construct and over 1000 images of drone data to process... yet I sat here and played that damn game for the past 3 hours.

edit on 5-10-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Candy Crush? I can't understand why anyone would want to play a game like that. I play spider solitaire myself on occasion online...that is it. Never have been much into video games. Real pool and foosball, or shuffle board were pretty good games. Even darts or horseshoes were pretty decent when you are drinking.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's a cleverly designed game that triggers a Dopamine response in the brain through its sounds and visuals , the idea is to make you spend money through In-app purchases to get another hit once your free in game lives are lost.

Free is never free.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks in advance!

FCD

I can't tell you much about Candy Crush. I have played it, but I got bored with it fairly quickly.

I have played Homescapes and Gardenscapes, both for years. You can play them off line. I have only played them on a lap top or a tablet. I have never paid any money, but you can, if you want to, pay for coins and boosters.

I love the challenge of skilling and lucking my way out of a jam. The longest I have been stuck on a level before winning the level was four days. I guess I am a glutton for punishment, but if you stick with it long enough, you will luck through it.

I really don't know much about Candy Crush, but what I like about Gardenscapes and Homescapes, is I can use the points I earn to buy stuff that help to expand my game. They don't just accumulate for bragging rights.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'll explain Candy Crush

It's a dumb colorful game you play one day.
Fast forward 13 year you're on level 9674 and wonder where your life went.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If data usage is a concern, don't bother.

There are thousands of free games you can download that are offline.

Aside from that, Candy Crush is just an infinite circle of smashing colourful blocks. A bit like Space Invaders...
edit on 5102021 by Wide-Eyes because: Misworded

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Amen to that brother....
Amen to that.

ETA: the worst thing anyone ever did was show me how to cheat and have unlimited lives, rather than just the 5 the game give you.

edit on 5-10-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Drop 7

Free
Phone or tablet as it is an Android/iOS game.
I first played it on an iPod Touch
Offline play if you wish as it is a full download.
Speed of play is up to you so you can stop for dinner like you would playing checkers.
Deceptively easy to play. Logic and luck to get higher scores.

Very much a play to kill time game.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You sign in through google or facebook and they know quite a bit about you to start. Select users will sometimes be asked to complete a survey to win free rewards that help you work through the game. This is how pollsters and marketing strategists gather data. If you want to know in the next presidential election why a demented geriatric democrat child sniffer leads the polls its because the data was gathered mostly by covertly polling people who dont have any skin in the game (do not work).

Oh, and there is a cute mashup of tetris and connect four too. Its less about the game than anything else, and as with anything on the internet -- if it's free to you, then you are the product.
edit on 5-10-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join