It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Statistical Difference Between Vax Rates and COVID Cases Globally

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I have lived in New Zealand in Dunedin in the South Island when I was little. It was a terrific little place back in the 90s. Never again will I consider living in such a crazy country ever again.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: chr0naut
At the same time, they have suggested they will allow high-school students back to school soon, and this is clearly sending very mixed signals

The mixed signals are understandable. At some point child neglect becomes unpalatable. People are bound to start questioning the wisdom of abandoning an entire generation of school kids.

Schools have been running online lessons during the lock-downs.

NZ has had fewer, and shorter, lock-downs than the US and the UK.

So the students education hasn't been abandoned.

My wife is a music teacher and although it is harder to learn (and teach) online, it isn't impossible.

Also, with the way modern exams are graded, students will still receive good marks if they have put the work in.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Children need social interaction to develop properly, or else New Zealand will have a generation of autistic men who are likely to become criminals.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanZoller

Children need social interaction to develop properly, or else New Zealand will have a generation of autistic men who are likely to become criminals.

A couple of months out of a year isn't going to break them.

Plus, they are going back to school, and they do have family interactions, and I don't know if you have noticed it, but have you watched them using their devices and mobile 'phones?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

At the same time, they have suggested they will allow high-school students back to school soon, and this is clearly sending very mixed signals

The mixed signals are understandable. At some point child neglect becomes unpalatable. People are bound to start questioning the wisdom of abandoning an entire generation of school kids.

My wife is a music teacher and although it is harder to learn (and teach) online, it isn't impossible.

Also, with the way modern exams are graded, students will still receive good marks if they have put the work in.

Spoken like a man who never had to learn "online" as a child; how easy it must be for you to dismiss the suffering of others less fortunate.
edit on 27-10-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Plus, they are going back to school, and they do have family interactions, and I don't know if you have noticed it, but have you watched them using their devices and mobile 'phones?

Childhood resiliency is often used as a dismissal of child neglect.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Spoken like a man who never had to learn "online" as a child; how easy it must be for you to dismiss the suffering of others less fortunate.

I'm an Asperger kid. I learned best when by myself and buried in library books.

Since 'online' started in the '80's for most people, I was already an adult by then.

But I have continued my education and have achieved all sorts of IT certifications and even done a stint of university online.

I find that I fall asleep these days when doing online studies, though. Not enough other stimulus and I'm getting older. LOL.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Childhood resiliency is often used as a dismissal of child neglect.

My kids all did tabletop experiments in general science, genetics, and robotics. We'd have great 'around the dinner table' talks about mathematics, and art, and physics, and computer programming - at home, not at school.

They are all adults now, but have excelled in everything they enjoy. My daughter manages a mine. My eldest son was brilliant at sales and management until he passed away from cancer. My youngest son had early success at football, but decided to become a programmer due to his love of computer games. He is still studying (under lock-down, and at home, and in another country) but is earning.

One of my eldest son's best friends went from being entirely home schooled, never having been in a school room in his life, to a professorship in mathematics at university. His brother, similarly home schooled, is a cook, musician, and dancer.

I think that relying on only the system to 'mind the kids' for most of the week is where the real systematic child abuse lies. It tries to fit people into an artificial conformity and often 'fails' them because they are different, or creatives. Leaving them institutionalized - like their parents.

edit on 27/10/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

a reply to: GenerationGap

If trends continue, soon we will be reading studies about how the vaccinated are now being hospitalized and dying more often than the unvaxxed.

The media has no intention of reporting how many vaxxed are dying. Big Pharma pays billions to media for commercials.

Instead what happens is that each time in any country that large numbers of vaccinated are hospitalized in greater numbers than the unvaxxed or that large numbers of vaccinated are dying... Then in that country the definition of "fully vaccinated" changes and they require a booster. All those dying or hospitalized are no longer called "fully vaccinated" because they didn't get a booster.

Some countries are up to shot #4 already. That's right. Since those who have gotten 3 jabs have higher hospitalization and death rates than the unvaccinated, the definition of "fully vaccinated" changes to 4 shots. Those with 3 jabs are no longer called fully vaccinated anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join