It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

67,000 Afghan allies now in the resettlement process. This is not only crazy, but insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Text Red 1st I want to thank the Active Veterans in giving their assistance to the newly refugees coming to and settling in America. We all welcome these unvetted settlers with the greatest welcome all Americans across the greeat country of America.

2nd, please read this :
The military has settled in for what could be a long, expensive and politically volatile mission housing refugees who fled the end of the 20-year war in Afghanistan and are now searching for new homes in the U.S.

Congress on Thursday approved $2.2 billion just for the Pentagon's resettlement efforts, which include more than 10,000 defense personnel. Meanwhile, the general in charge of eight resettlement communities on U.S. bases estimated the sites could be needed for another six months as Afghans navigate the immigration process and the search for permanent homes.
Yes, that's right, " permanent homes " for all. This is so wonderful, my heart is at tears knowing that the American public does not have a COLD heart toward these refugees from Afghan. We just can not leave them on the Cold streets of Washington D.C. this winter. Now, could we ?

And of course we got to have Measles once again in our public schools. Got to keep the kids out of school once again.
A measles outbreak, several alleged assaults by refugees in the base villages, and Republican claims of a human rights crisis and vetting issues have complicated the historic effort to take in the nearly 67,000 Afghan allies now in the resettlement process.

"We're prepared to be here as long as we need to conduct this mission," Gen. Glen VanHerck, the head of U.S. Northern Command, said Thursday. "We'll be ready if we need to support [refugee housing] through the winter months and into the spring."

The refugees were flown out of Afghanistan in August amid the chaotic military evacuation and a stunning Taliban takeover of the country and its capital, Kabul. They were taken to sites in Europe before being moved on to the U.S. to wait for final clearance for resettlement.

Link: www.military.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
2.2 billion for a concentration camp seems a little steep.
edit on 4-10-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There were massive refuge camps in Afghanistan going back over ten years. I know because I drove by them on route clearance missions (IED hunting).

Nobody said a word about them. Not the military, not the media. Dead silence. These camps were massive, thousands of people. Now all of a sudden....these poor people....must help them...meh.

BS.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

OK, so 224 planeloads (300 a plane) of potential terrorists (since they aren't vetted). Probably more young fighting aged men than women or children and there are already fights and crap on temporary base housing. What could possibly go wrong?

You have to wonder if anybody in the government thinks ahead. Hell, do any of them even think period? No vetting, isn't that aiding and abetting, giving material assistance to possibly enemy combatants? We used to call that treason. When I worked for the military, if one of our officers did something to deliberately negatively effect the country or the troops, little things like treason, they got their Achilles tendons cut and they were left to play with the hyenas and vultures in Angola, the Caprivi, someplace where there wouldn't be a mess and the end of the day.

The west has fallen hard....

Cheers - Dave

edit on 10/4.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Send them to Detroit, not only is there vacancy there, with all the other bs going on in that location they probably fit in no problem.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Send them to Detroit, not only is there vacancy there, with all the other bs going on in that location they probably fit in no problem.

You have a point. I drove through detroit once to pick up 13 sheets of pointy sound foam. I would never do it twice. Plus now, detroit sort of looks like Kabul, so they'll probably fit in lol.

I think we should make you Czar of the Interior!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You have a point. I drove through detroit once to pick up 13 sheets of pointy sound foam. I would never do it twice. Plus now, detroit sort of looks like Kabul, so they'll probably fit in lol.

Cheers - Dave

If I had that power lots of ppl would be utterly #ed. Seriously give them jobs to rebuild effing Detroit and allow them to do it the “American way” after getting vetted and put on a probation period of coarse. Hell in the crumbling sections lift the livestock laws a little bit and let them heard goats while at it. Call it little Kabul.

Chicago and Washington DC would be happy to have them too.
edit on 4-10-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

If I had that power lots of ppl would be utterly #ed. Seriously give them jobs to rebuild effing Detroit and allow them to do it the “American way” after getting vetted and put on a probation period of coarse. Hell in the crumbling sections lift the livestock laws a little bit and let them heard goats while at it. Call it little Kabul.

Chicago and Washington DC would be happy to have them too.

Hey! I like goat cheese on my tacos. Good idea !

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I saw some articles over the weekend or last week saying that only 6% had a special immigrant visa and about 5% were U.S. citizens/green card holders. I'm not seeing the articles now for some reason.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It’s easier for you to be so welcoming since
You don’t live in the states.
I’m very worried about how violent they
may be.
I have family with teenage children living all across the USA and it actually causes me anxiety.
I’m Not uncaring or unwelcoming…..
But because they are not vetted we have No idea
What we are getting into.
Just my feelings

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

Please don’t take my insensitive and sarcastic remarks above seriously

I think a lot of us here feel the way you do.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
CALIFORNIA WANTS TO BE the "go to" state for immigrants, migrants, refugees, mental home releasees, and prison escapees.

If someone comes across a document listing all the benefits California is providing for the above groups, please start a thread, so we can blast that info to the online sites they frequent.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling

It’s easier for you to be so welcoming since
You don’t live in the states.
I’m very worried about how violent they
may be.
I have family with teenage children living all across the USA and it actually causes me anxiety.
I’m Not uncaring or unwelcoming…..
But because they are not vetted we have No idea
What we are getting into.
Just my feelings

My welcoming as you noticed is MIXED feelings. My wife immigrated to the States and the vetting process was done at the US Embassy in Tokyo. It also included a Chest X-ray and many other test.
This vetted / unvetted stuff too is my main concern.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Your wife is Japanese.
Whilst no large group of humans is ever perfect, some cultures are better than others.

Some cultures can live together, others are like acid plunged into water.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

some cultures are better than others.

Please, give us the algorithm for us to be able to detect when a culture is better than others. We will then apply it to your culture and see how well you do.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

some cultures are better than others.

Please, give us the algorithm for us to be able to detect when a culture is better than others. We will then apply it to your culture and see how well you do.

No algorithm needed, just check the safety and rights of women and children. If they are raped and abused, that culture is a bad one. Come one, where is your common sense?

I also didn't say anything about my culture, that's your words.
Some cultures are better than others. Fact.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

My common sense is the one that tells me that when someone is in distress, needing help, and compassion, and empathy, I should be there helping, sharing, giving food and shelter. Where is yours?

top topics

join