It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for the Hyper-Masker Social Distancers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What kind of mask?

Half mask, half mask supplied air, full face supplied air. And several boxes of made in America surgical mask. I wear 2 at a time.

HAve you been fit tested?

No. Why should I? Most come in small medium and large.

How often do you exchange it for a new one?

Not often, they last a long time. It's the filters you gotta replace. Surgical mask, one trip out and they are trashed.

Have you had mask training?

Yes I have. Here is what it consist of. Clean the mask and the valves with alcohol, before use, of course you want to make sure the alcohol is dry before you put it on. Put it on pull the straps tight. Cover both the intake filters with your hands, inhale, if the mask forms a vacuum, it is sealed to your face. Now cover the exhaust valve, exhale if the masks blows up, it is sealed.

Essentially if you can fit a square peg into a square hole, without trying to fit it in the round hole first. You can use a mask effectively.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Yes thanks for the correction.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox

Kevin, don't do me any favors.

I embrace personal responsibility and demand nothing from anyone for my safety and security.

Do you also carry a firearm in case I need one?

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I'm not Kevin. Who ever that is.

virtue signaling may work on the Twitter or on the Facebook pages.

I'm not sure know what you mean by that. I don't use any social media. To many trolls.

But here on ATS, it'll be called out and dumped into the bullsh#t folder for lawn fertilization later on.

Well if you're a moderator,I suggest you get busy. I have no problem deleting this account if I can not express my opinion without being trolled.

I will be reporting you.

Just an FYI. Kevin.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Go for it, if I think you're virtue signaling, I'm going to call it out.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Lol, people just make up things to be triggered about now.

So the answer is "none," then, right?

(It's ok. We both know the answer.)
edit on 5-10-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox
a reply to: Subrosabelow

It is so freaking difficult to help customers in retail with this BS distancing nonsense.

I guess you guys have never stood back from someone with a cold/flu. If you get a cold/flu, do you get as close to someone as you can, or do you stay back in hopes of not infecting them?

You stay home. Too easy.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

Lol, horrid picture. But it's nothing like that. Now if he had multiple rows of teeth like a great white, with some teeth missing on each row. That would be similar. I'm a spray painter, I work with mask all the time. Any mask is better than no mask.

I work in the nuclear/environmental remediation industry, I also am intimately familiar with every type of respiratory protection on the market and you are simply wrong. Surgical masks or cotton face coverings do not work at all and N95's barely help even if fit tested and worn 100% properly. Paint particles are hundreds of times larger than a virus or even water vapor from your lungs. Not to mention the fact that your exhalation escapes around the edges of all those masks because the seals just plain don't work like the rubber seals on a half face or full face air purifying respirator.

To illustrate this fact, go out during the winter when temps are below 30 degrees F and put on your "better than nothing" mask and breathe out, when you see that big cloud of water vapor from your lungs, there is your proof. That same thing is happening when it's not cold out, the only difference is you don't see the water vapor from your lungs when it's warm.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Chances are good these men will never catch COVID

Of course, the drawback is that none of these people can make any outside contact without risking serious illness. Even a mild cold could kill people who have never developed immunity to any of the common ailments facing man.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What kind of mask?

Half mask, half mask supplied air, full face supplied air. And several boxes of made in America surgical mask. I wear 2 at a time.

HAve you been fit tested?

No. Why should I? Most come in small medium and large.

How often do you exchange it for a new one?

Not often, they last a long time. It's the filters you gotta replace. Surgical mask, one trip out and they are trashed.

Have you had mask training?

Yes I have. Here is what it consist of. Clean the mask and the valves with alcohol, before use, of course you want to make sure the alcohol is dry before you put it on. Put it on pull the straps tight. Cover both the intake filters with your hands, inhale, if the mask forms a vacuum, it is sealed to your face. Now cover the exhaust valve, exhale if the masks blows up, it is sealed.

Essentially if you can fit a square peg into a square hole, without trying to fit it in the round hole first. You can use a mask effectively.

Do you know the difference between "supplied air" and "air purifying" respirators? You said you use supplied air respirators, so do you walk around on an air line or are you using the SCBA type? I'm so curious. Or maybe you are referring to a PAPR, powered air purifying respirator like the 3M Versaflo series or the MSA Responder series?
edit on 5-10-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I think what most people fail to understand (due to extreme polarizing propaganda the likes of which the world has never seen) is that people want to do the right thing and help one's community.

I've said before, I'm fully willing to take every REASONABLE precaution to prevent getting myself or anyone else sick.
Washing hands, staying home when sick, boosting my immune system by eating healthy or supplements... a ok.

When people want me to lose my job, my house, my kids' educations and futures, in fact everything that made life worth living, is where we have a problem. I won't trash my health because of other people's paranoia and tendency to let fear and perceived control guide them.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Here's where I have the problem. WELL before Covid people don't understand or respect body space / personal bubble.
Please do not invade my bubble.

Do you have any idea how privileged that sounds? Have you ever heard of Japan's commuting trains during rush hours? Watch some videos about it, then you probably won't want to complain about 'personal bubble' (I think it's widely known as 'personal space' or something - even animals have it, and can attack you if you violate it).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join