It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muscle cramps/spasm’s suck!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: putnam6
Epsom salt bath does the trick, too. But take care of hair, I once recommended and got scolded by another member who said she did that once and it was a horrible advice from me.

I do them a few times a year and the only problem I have is permanent hair dye fading. But you guys do not have that problem very often.

I use magnesium flakes instead of epson, works great for me.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I don't doubt at all, might work even better. I use epsom for floating effect mainly, the magnesium uptake is just a little bonus.

Your both methods are more direct.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
People use Cannabis, especially CBD Cannabis even for multiple sclerosis and amputation nerve pain too and they say it's the only thing making them functional. I used to grow 1:1 CBD indicas and hemp and I can tell you that I was able to ignore any sensation or thought at will. It's actually too good when you abuse it.

As I'm typing it I drink home made Elderberry wine - known to fix nerve pain they say, antiviral,... not sure about that tho. For a week now I have weird twitching in the eyes. It's the Tribulus Terrestris I guess - MAO inhibitors like that can stimulate, excite weird, probably dopamine pathways. Maybe less coffee and similar stuff would cut it. Yeah, and GABA agonists. I mean herbs of course. Gotu Kola, Valerian, Hops, L-Theanine from green tea... I remember having one toke of CBD Indica and one beer and not being able/willing to move a finger to click a mouse 😀 It's easy. If there's anything able to help you re-wire the brain it's Cannabis. Especially in combination with other task-oriented herbs

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Now it sounds like your case is severe, but I personally get leg spasms every so often in my sleep when I overstretch. The pain is honestly the most excruciating pain right below having a kidney stone pass through your urethra.

What's worked for me is more consumption of water and potassium rich fruits like bananas. Potassium is responsible for the contraction and relaxing of muscles in the body. When I was growing up, I was always told bananas, water and potassium are like the lubricant for your muscles.

Very rudimentary, and I'm sure your doctors have suggested this. But I hope it helps.

Edit: Have you checked up on your vitamin levels in your blood? Aside from potassium, there are many other vitamins and elements that help with muscle function, aside from muscle growth. Glucose (sugar) provides the sufficient energy for your muscles to work properly, calcium helps regulate contractions in muscles, magnesium helps give your muscles flexibility and Vit C relieves oxidative stress in the muscles.

Calcium: Milk, Kale and cheese
Magnesium: Nuts/Seeds, Wheats/Grains
Glucose: Honey, apricots and dates
Vit C: Large majority of the fruit/vegetable section. I preferably LOVE brussel sprouts
edit on 30-9-2021 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Epsom salt bath does the trick, too. But take care of hair, I once recommended and got scolded by another member who said she did that once and it was a horrible advice from me.

I do them a few times a year and the only problem I have is permanent hair dye fading. But you guys do not have that problem very often.

Yep Epsom salt soak gave my Dad some relief from chemo leg muscle spasms.

I use on my legs I've got burns from when I was a kid, now 55 years later they ache like hell sometimes. Magnesium oil a little DMSO helps a lot. Have some heavy-duty keloid tissue scars MO/DMSO seems to soften them up and help blood circulation.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
People use Cannabis, especially CBD Cannabis even for multiple sclerosis and amputation nerve pain too and they say it's the only thing making them functional. I used to grow 1:1 CBD indicas and hemp and I can tell you that I was able to ignore any sensation or thought at will. It's actually too good when you abuse it.

As I'm typing it I drink home made Elderberry wine - known to fix nerve pain they say, antiviral,... not sure about that tho. For a week now I have weird twitching in the eyes. It's the Tribulus Terrestris I guess - MAO inhibitors like that can stimulate, excite weird, probably dopamine pathways. Maybe less coffee and similar stuff would cut it. Yeah, and GABA agonists. I mean herbs of course. Gotu Kola, Valerian, Hops, L-Theanine from green tea... I remember having one toke of CBD Indica and one beer and not being able/willing to move a finger to click a mouse 😀 It's easy. If there's anything able to help you re-wire the brain it's Cannabis. Especially in combination with other task-oriented herbs

Spot on assessment...

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

What's worked for me is more consumption of water and potassium rich fruits like bananas. Potassium is responsible for the contraction and relaxing of muscles in the body. When I was growing up, I was always told bananas, water and potassium are like the lubricant for your muscles.

If you don't like bananas cantaloupe actually has a lot of potassium too.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Is the exact same reason I do Epsom baths, to not make scar tissue harden up and have a floaty experience once in a while

This is major dejavu, I think we have discussed this before lol.

I just won't do DMSO because the places are mostly tattooed over (would not do it again) and I don't want the ink to be brought down deeper.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

So is it potassium or magnesium? Well

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Have you used a TENS MACHINE....they work wonders!

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Batteries, wires, electrodes.....things that go Zap in my body.
Doctors have wanted to insert all kinds of stuff.
Yeah.....no thanks.
The spasms are starting to let go, well, until next time.
We were never promised a Rose Garden....no?

I’m happy it works for you!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Tonic water or colq10

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
a reply to: shaemac

Batteries, wires, electrodes.....things that go Zap in my body.
Doctors have wanted to insert all kinds of stuff.
Yeah.....no thanks.
The spasms are starting to let go, well, until next time.
We were never promised a Rose Garden....no?

I’m happy it works for you!!!

Sorry to hear

It works, but of course, it is only temporary like everything.

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Spasms drove me out of bed this AM.
Well into day 3 now and they are rockin & rollin.
Wow, this sucks...

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I had a pinched nerve in my lower back, never felt pain like it, literally took my breath away.

These exercises actually helped:

Just keep at it every other day pal and take note of what brings relief.

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

pickle juice?

I wonder if the apple cider vinegar would do the same.

Either fixes up acid reflux better than any drugs.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Back in 1982 I threw my back out and a Chiropractor taught me the same moves shown in that video to pop that vertebrae back in place. It worked like a charm! The back issue ended quickly and lucky for me, I’ve had no long term issue with pain or slippage.

A curious thing did happen years later though, I had a kidney stone that got stuck. (man is that pain!!!, phew)
The Urologist sent me for a CT Scan to locate the stone.
When he read the scan for the first time I was present and I saw his facial reactions as he read down the whole page.
When he was finished he just gazed at me for a moment with a look of total confusion on his face and asked,
“your back doesn’t bother you”? Nope....
From what I just read I don’t know how you even get out of bed in the morning.

Seems there was five paragraphs describing the condition of my lower back and a single line telling where the kidney stone was stuck fast.

When it comes to backs it’s a strange thing because what will cripple one person has no affect on another.
I’ve had a few doctors express concerns about the results of that scan and how it may affect me in later years.
Later years being 63? Nothing yet....

One doctor in a Boston teaching hospital asked me if I’d have a detailed MRI done so they could study it.
I agreed and then the idiot, Get This, asked me to donate my body to the school when I died so they could study my spine in detail.
NOPE, I’ll be cremated and my ashes will be spread over George’s Bank!!

Crazy world huh.......😎

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Tried it, a jar full. Nothing......😟

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Tried it, a jar full. Nothing......😟

acupuncture?

new topics