It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple was kicked out of Texas restaurant for wearing masks to protect at-risk son

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: opethPA

actually, the more I think about it, the restaurant did do these folks a favor. They have an at risk kid at home, and the restaurant was fully mask less, as the article states. Had this couple decided to take off their masks, and eat, they could have caught the horrible sickness that is Covid 19 and brought it home to their child. Since they were able to retain their life saving device, they were thusly able to keep their kid safe.

I think they should be grateful for the policy and how well it was enforced.

So then does the wearing of masks not come down to personal freedom or personal choice?

If these people believe that wearing a mask is the right thing for them to do based on the info they have how is that any less valid then those that believe not wearing them is the right personal choice?

It is personal choice. And the restaurant owners have the right, however ignorant it may be, to turn away business, that's their personal choice. There are other places to eat. I was showing the "ray of sunshine" approach to this.

But masks should never have been politicized the way they were. That was kindergartenish. Honesty would have gone a long way. People would do the right thing if given the opportunity. Turn it into a fight, and you have idiots fighting idiot over a face diaper. The truth delivered honestly, is a powerful message.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's weird because everyone who was making a hubbub over the mask mandates and how unethical it is to turn away customers who are unmasked are now defending the businesses who apparently have the right to turn customers away because the customer was wearing a mask.

As I said previously either individual liberty applies to everyone equally or this debate was never about liberty at all.

edit on 22-9-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's weird because everyone who was making a hubbub over the mask mandates and how unethical it is to turn away customers who are unmasked are now defending the businesses who apparently have the right to turn customers away because the customer was wearing a mask.

As I said previously either individual liberty applies to everyone equally or this debate was never about liberty at all.

Are there places that won't let you in without a mask on? (Yes)
Is there a place that (however ignorant it may be) won't let you in with a mask on? (yes)

The same, but 180 degrees out. Both bad for business, though in some areas the outlaw thing seems to sell.

eta: if it does happen that the constitution can be interpreted to limit the control a government can exact on it's people even in an emergency, I am 100% for it being applied equally in all situations. Either laws matter, or they don't.

edit on 22-9-2021 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
The truth delivered honestly, is a powerful message.

QFE as many times as possible.

Sadly I think the problem becomes because of the Internet everyone thinks they are an expert on everything so at what point does something where arguments can be made for either side become a truth?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: marg6043
we are having a small sector of the population of young males wearing hoodies and mask all the time and they do not look like up to any good

Just come out and say it.

Come out and say what?

A person with a hoodie on is shady?

They are.

Has nothing to do with race. If you have a hoodie on you are a shady person.

Let me know when women in majority Muslim countries can come out without a face covering. Just say it....

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Until anyone goes into their own home country and expresses the same disgust with their issues they have in the US...you can F right the hell off.

Outside of that...I don't need your disgust at how anyone here is treated.

You obviously ran from whatever happened where you were because you are a weak person.

Stand up for something where you are....not where you can get social media justice.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Has nothing to do with race.

Mmmhmm. So hoodie wearers are the bold text, "small sector of the population" she was referring to?
edit on 22-9-2021 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2021 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Has nothing to do with race.

Mmmhmm. So hoodie wearers are the bold text, "small sector of the population" she was referring to?

Who was referring to?

I would say in Afghanistan the majority of mass killers are Islamic.

What's your point?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Who was referring to?

The uh... person I quoted before you quoted me.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It didn't matter because they weren't staying long anyway 😃

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Who was referring to?

The uh... person I quoted before you quoted me.

You assume that is a she? Or do you know?

Am I wrong in saying the majority of mass killer in Afghanistan are of the Islamic faith?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Am I wrong in saying the majority of mass killer in Afghanistan are of the Islamic faith?

Marg is a she. She's made that quite obvious.

And, no. You are correct. What does that have to do with her being afraid of masked black dudes in America?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Marg is a she. She's made that quite obvious.

And, no. You are correct. What does that have to do with her being afraid of masked black dudes in America?

Cool.

It means different things if you are in Chicago versus Atlanta, as I would assume being Islamic would mean different things in different regions of Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Quote who said it was “ethical” they were turned away?

I think the issue here is.

They were at a dive bar for a date night to return home with an “at-risk” child waiting on them.

They were going to have to remove their masks if they were going to eat and drink anyway.

I guess covid is only contagious when people are not actively eating and drinking if there is a person spreading virus laced aerosols indoors. Is the science covid takes a “time out” when maskless people are eating and drinking?

This is my opinion. And yeap, it is selfish. I work at a business that gave up on masks long ago. My life is pretty muck normal. When spending time with my kid, it’s pretty much normal. Until you see that one person walking by themselves on the sidewalk with a cheap a$$ mask on. That person in a car by themselves wearing a cheap a$$ mask. Until you go shopping, and you see the drones incorrectly wearing cheap a&$ masks. It’s like the masks mandates and businesses requiring them are more about maintaining a symbol of fear in your face than actual prevention.

edit on 22-9-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It means different things if you are in Chicago versus Atlanta, as I would assume being Islamic would mean different things in different regions of Afghanistan.

99.7% of Afghanistan is Muslim. Where are you going with this?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

99.7% of Afghanistan is Muslim. Where are you going with this?

Wherever you would like.

100% of terrorism there is Islamic.

The most deaths due to terrorism in the US is Islamic....depending on how far back you want to go.

People who hide their faces are shady....it is a natural and instinctual thing.

Hoodie....shady. Color doesn't matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join