It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple was kicked out of Texas restaurant for wearing masks to protect at-risk son

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
"Natalie Wester and her husband wore masks inside a Texas restaurant to protect their newborn son who has cystic fibrosis — so the owner kicked them out."

Couple was kicked out of Texas restaurant for wearing masks to protect at-risk son = www.today.com...

Some clarity needs to be placed around this story so people can make their own informed decision.

1. The at risk son was not with them but rather was with a baby sitter so the parents were doing what they thought was right for their child but they were not necessarily protecting him in that exact moment.

2.Based on the readily available articles it doesnt seem the establishment had any signage indicating that masks were not allowed.

"While there aren't any signs stating Blackmer's policy in the restaurant, KTVT reported that the establishment's host asks guests to remove their masks at the door."

My thoughts on this are it's wrong just like it would be to kick out someone for not wearing a mask. If half-measures are going to continued to be taken around this and clear direction not given then leave the choice to individuals. In this case I feel the restaurant is in the wrong in every way.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I'm sick of people running around masked and unidentifiable, it encourages crime, it emboldens bad behavior and other negatives like reduced social interaction. There was a reason for mask laws, because in the old days people in masks (just like today) typically were up to no good and committing a crime. The masks need to go away for a lot of reasons, and this business has the right to say they don't want unidentifiable customers anymore.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If you look up reviews of the restaurant there are some doozies!

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If it's a private business then I'd assume the owner has the right to refuse service based on a dress code if they choose.

It's dumb but legal at a guess?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Same thoughts here, that's just wrong, from a moral viewpoint.

Since masks don't work as promised, I ask myself about the logic behind the parents wearing masks, when they mostly protect others, not the wearer.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
While I don't agree, it's within this private business's rights to do this.

If it is wrong their business likely won't survive in that community, if it does then that's why they did so.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Everybody applauds the restaraunts that have and enforce mask mandates. They put it up there with No shoes, No shirt, No service. If you like it on that end then you must certainly like it on the other end. It's a private business and he can dictate the dress code required to be served.

Business will either agree with his decision and support it or they will walk and the doors will shutter. Capitalism.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would question why the parents of a child that has CF would want to possibly sacrifice the life of their child just to go eat a meal in a restaurant. Plus they have him with a babysitter, another direct risk for the child.
Are they really worried that he might get Covid, or are they partly worried?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
1. If the child has severe medical issues as they claim then what are they doing taking the child to a greasy food restaurant during a pandemic. No. If that was really the reason then stay at home. Cook a healthy meal or get delivery. Total nonsense.

2. The dad has a long thick beard. Guess what beards trap? Bacteria and viruses. Does that sound like a good thing to have around a sick child? No it does not. Shave it off and reduce the risk of exposing your child.

Then they go on FB to complain because they know nobody there will question them on above issues and they can get retribution on the restaurant. Unfortunately for them they are too feeble minded to know this will backfire. People will order more from them not less. I hate nasty food but even I would support them.

Pathetic spiteful parents. A lot of that going on today.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

The child was not inside the restaurant, it was with a caretaker somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Dumb but legal.

If they want to wear masks then fine, I dont agree with any mandates but this will give Texas and other like minded areas a bad name.

We all know 4th Gen warfare relies on good PR

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you can kick someone out for refusing to wear a mask, you can kick someone out for refusing to not wear one.

Personally I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Five years ago if you went around in a mask you'd be considered to be up to no good.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Were they dragged out 30 feet and slammed on the back of their heads? No?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I would question why the parents of a child that has CF would want to possibly sacrifice the life of their child just to go eat a meal in a restaurant. Plus they have him with a babysitter, another direct risk for the child.
Are they really worried that he might get Covid, or are they partly worried?

Exactly, sounds like activist parents helping to push propaganda.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007

I'm sick of people running around masked and unidentifiable, it encourages crime, it emboldens bad behavior and other negatives like reduced social interaction. There was a reason for mask laws, because in the old days people in masks (just like today) typically were up to no good and committing a crime. The masks need to go away for a lot of reasons, and this business has the right to say they don't want unidentifiable customers anymore.

To a couple of your points. I have been saying since the inception of these masks that I can't believe bank robberies aren't up 4000%. Used to be if you walked into a bank wearing a mask, buttons would start getting frantically pushed, now you can't go into one without one.

As to the unidentifiable point you raise, that's kind of funny in my current situation. As a quick aside, this is in no way racist nor certainly meant to be, just my present reality. I'm living for a short while at the VA hospital in LA. There are a ton of security on this campus at all times. Because I've lived here for well over a year, I certainly know many of them. Seemingly all of the black guards have down to the skin shaved heads. I swear I can't recognize anybody until they say 'hello' to me. They're all just bald black heads behind a mask that's covering up all relevant identifying features. Kind of embarrasses me sometimes...

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Were they dragged out 30 feet and slammed on the back of their heads? No?

Whoa whoa whoa...easy! This isn't Clark County...

link   
Trust but verify the story.

It could be a sensationalized red herring 🤫

link   

The logic of wearing masks to eat is flawed regardless. The couple would have to the take the mask off to eat, yes? At which point they become at risk if the masks worked which they don’t anyway because the virus is smaller enough to pass right through...

There was a rule in place that people take masks off when sitting down to eat but put them back on again when stood up. Is it just me or is this nonsensical?

We have been told a great deal of nonsense throughout this whole thing yet people go along with it as if they can’t or won’t think for themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Did you see the beard on that guy? no mask in the world is going to protect him. If you are going to take a precaution, then you have to go 100%. Shave that beard.

What about the plates, glasses, knives and forks?
How did they protect themselves from contaminated dinnerware?

And once you get your meal, how do you expect to shovel the grub past your masked mouth?
You aren't.
You are going to take off your mask.

It takes a special kind of stupid to wear a mask into a restaurant.

They kick people out for not wearing masks
They should kick people out for wearing masks

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting to see you all sticking up for personal choice and individual freedoms. Not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join