It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to grow..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What does it mean to grow as a person..? Many years ago someone dear wished me well and to grow as a person. Now many years later I was thinking back to that moment and wonder if I have grown to this dear persons expectations. But what did this person really mean..to grow how? Did she wish me a financial growth...or that I would have a succesful carreer ...or have a family with children...or...just to be a wise and good humanbeing?

And then again...how much growth will be to everyones satisfaction? Is it possible not to grow...or..grow into the wrong direction.

anyways..how would you guys discribe growth. The other day I watched a YT clip with Snoop Dog talking about his growth..but he meant his wealth and succes to his growth. His road to stardom...growth in his abillity to create. What is the most desirable and most important growth for a human in his life be?

For instance... what if a person had a rough life and the lessons learned from all these ugly experiences made him..or her..a wise loving and warm understanding person. Is that the growth which is the most valuable for a person to have at the end of his life? Or is it to have a nice big home in the suburbs with a nice car, good job, a beautiful wife and wonderful children. How is growth measured....if it is..

What are your thoughts on "to grow in life..". Do you consider yourself to have grown, tell us how so.. At what moment can you say about a person that he..or she ..has grown.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think one becomes more humble if they have a kind heart.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

wonder if I have grown to this dear persons expectations.

That was not what that meant.
Everyone has their own "growing" to do.
One has to first realize their own weaknesses .

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness with the exception of anger which is the emotion that kills your soul so you are only conscious of your hate. Some grow out of it, most don't.

edit on 17-9-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness with the exception of anger which is the emotion that kills your soul so you are only conscious of your hate. Some grow out of it, most don't.

Is it called " having a revengeful heart " ?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Growth is a process, not a destination.

I hope to grow to my last breath.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

wonder if I have grown to this dear persons expectations.

That was not what that meant.
Everyone has their own "growing" to do.
One has to first realize their own weaknesses .

So...you can not see from the outside of a person if he has grown. A person can be a billionair but still has not grown. The most valuable growth is about the growth of a persons soul... is that it what you are saying?

Take a Hitler for example,, he was a poor guy who grew into this powerful rich but extremely evil dude. But unfortunate for him he has had a negative grow. The growth of his fortune and power is not what is meant with personal growth. A homeless guy can be on the other hand say like...Ghandi when it comes to personal growth.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Again , it is about personal growth and self awareness of one's weaknesses.
Strengthen the good , while lessening the bad .

See how that works ?

top topics

join