It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, you Australians were right along, your politicians sold out to China, TPP stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
1. The agreement was released in New Zealand on Feb. 21. The member countries are Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Vietnam.

2. There was a reason China was building artificial islands. You folks figure it out, I have.

3. Eleven countries including Japan and Canada signed a landmark Asia-Pacific trade agreement without the United States in what one minister called a powerful signal against protectionism and trade wars.

4. China, which is expanding its influence through the "One Belt, One Road" giant economic zone initiative, became more interested in the TPP after the United States under the Trump administration left the country in 2017. The 20 November Xi Jinping Jintao has stated that "actively consider the TPP participation", the movement is accelerated.

5. China completed the domestic procedure of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Agreement in April this year, and on the 13th of this month, it will be with Japan, South Korea, and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) participating in the RCEP. The policy aiming for the entry into force by the month was confirmed. Based on these movements, it seems that they have decided to enter a new stage for TPP, which is a more demanding economic partnership.

6.  Although China has a strong influence on state-owned enterprises, the TPP prohibits the government from subsidizing state-owned enterprises to gain an advantage in competition with foreign enterprises.

7. The Japanese government said Friday it will carefully analyze whether China is ready to meet the requirements for joining the trans-Pacific Partnership free trade deal, a day after Beijing announced it has filed a bid to join the framework.

“We must thoroughly assess whether China is ready to fulfill the high-standard rules of the TPP-11,” Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato said, referring to the deal formally known as the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.

8. China needs the unanimous approval of all 11 member countries to join the pact, which Beijing apparently sees as a way to increase its economic clout. Its accession would have a significant impact on trade in the Asia-Pacific region.

Japan’s finance and foreign ministers also expressed a cautious stance on China’s bid.

9. To you Australians, this is why China State own properties in your country is important to understand : China is really in a state in which it can join,” citing the trade pact’s detailed rules over state-owned enterprises.

Well, it will be upcoming news in the near future.

It was called " MIM's Chinese Spider Web Trap ".

I will be posting soon about what I'll be calling " MIM's Street Talk of the new " American Spider Web Trap ", Chinese influence on American soil and politics ", and it doesn't look pretty at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You are saying China has taken the United States position in the TPP?

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
You are saying China has taken the United States position in the TPP?

From what I understand at the moment, China is telling the USA to stick it in their own little Chinese behavior.
Biden and Xi recently had a phone call. No public written statements on this was in the public phone call. So actually I don't have and answer for you.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If I were Emperor of the world I would make China go sit in the corner until they changed their communist expansion ways. Everytime the CCP looked up I would thump them on top of their head.

Anyone and everyone who does a deal with the CCP will get screwed in the end as they are extremely smart and know how to play the game to their advantage. Go to bed with the CCP devil and do not be surprised if you wake up with warts....

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Have heard the 99 year lease by China on the Darwin port has been rescinded recently. Have not seen the full paperwork.

Heard a few months ago the federal government put a stop to the Belt and Roads that Dan Andrews in Melbourne signed up for got canned as well. I don't know all the details.

The Chinese people do work hard, no issue with that. How the CCP rolls is a problem.

All this global economy does my head in. In some ways having some common trust does help in trade, but just how trustworthy are some of these economies? Personally, I do not want every little move I do tracked by some big brother and get a social credit score of if it an approved action, I don't see the advantages of economics working that way when there is a centralized control. Some black market stuff is a problem, but there is already plenty of systems in place if there is a desire to clean it up, rather than just take out the competition and capitalize on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm afraid all the trade deals and politics fly over my head. What is clear to see though, is that the stage is set. We live in a world still reeling from a virus that killed 4.5 million people.

The Western powers point the finger at Wuhan. Chinese citizens are fed news feeds on their mobiles that state the virus was created in the US. Hostilities are at an all time high.

Meanwhile, in the West, we are so obsessed with political correctness, we fear saying anything that could be considered aggressive or wrong. Conversely, the rhetoric used by our adversaries is far from subtle. Yet we choose to ignore it.

Australia finds itself literally between a rock and a hard place. China didn't choose it's words carefully - it was far from diplomatic when it said "Thus, Australian troops are also most likely to be the first batch of western soldiers to waste their lives in the South China Sea,” it said. A representative of China, Victor Gao, also stated that Australia would now be a "target for possible nuclear attack". What had the Aussies ever done to him I wonder?

This in response to Australia joining AUKUS, and more specifically in relation to Australia acquiring 12 nuclear powered submarines. China immediately on the offensive concludes that these submarines will be armed with US and UK nuclear warheads.

So, regardless of trade deals, or where you were born, the issue that we all have at the moment is that it's all about to go....... "Pooofff".

I'm sorry folks, but the world needs to get word out to the people, whilst finding a way to end ridiculously evil regimes. How to do this, I have no idea. The people of China surely doesn't want to see all it's Western customers to go up in mushroom clouds, especially since people have subscribed to Banggood and AliExpress, no?

22 million Australians would sooner that China don't attack Taiwan. It's right on their doorstep.

So the CCP - for all it's sabre rattling - really wouldn't benefit at all if it carried out any of it's threats. The responses from Western powers would inevitably turn nuclear if Australia was attacked, which in turn would trigger some very nasty responses from Russia.

Our diplomatic efforts in the West shouldn't be underestimated, but at the same time, we also need to be prepared militarily if it all goes Pete Tong.

Wouldn't it be so much nicer if we could just all get along? Buy American tools. Order Chinese drones off AliExpress. Earn enough money to afford 1 holiday in the sun each year.

We can't do this if we're constantly locked down, unemployed or on Furlough, wondering when the next World War is going to start.

C'mon powers that be - give people a break. Let's save the DUMBs for another century.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 26-9-2021 by Dalamax because:

top topics

join