It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Woolly Mammoth Will Be Back In 6 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They did discover that animals can radically alter an environment through their presence or absence. However, the megafauna were dependent on the type of grasslands created by the presence of the ice sheets and their effects on the weather.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I always wondered what John Hammond's Public Liability Insurance premiums must have been like after his first attempt at creating a Dino park.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Seems like an interesting addition to Pleistocene park

Pleistocene Park

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

What could possibly go wrong?!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Various scientific teams have been talking about doing this for decades but it has never gone ahead.

Cant see it being different this time.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

My chickens have scaly clawed feet and seem related to velociraptors, which latest evidence seems to suggest, like T Rex, may have been feathered.

One of my chickens caught, killed and ate a mouse.

I have always wondered if some of those Dino's might actually have been warm blooded.

Like, Triceratops seems very like a Rhino?

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Well it was actually absolutely as I explained it so I do not get your point, the difference in there case is that they were using selective breeding just as they intended and indeed had started to do with there Lebensborn program to human beings with the long term plan to make even Germans that they saw as impure lower class people as they pursued there insane and mentally ill program of trying to create a superior human being that fit there own stereotype of what they would be.

The plan was also to Re-wild Poland or rather the majority of it and turn it into the place were these re-imagined Auroch would then roam with plans that to keep the NAZI ELITE Lebensborn youth strong they would hunt them using only the weapons and tools it was imagined there ancestors had once used.

Of course remember the NAZI's were literally moron's and the German populace were even bigger morons for voting them in, yes they had success to a degree before the war with an unsustainable building and rearmaments program but upon running out of money there was only one solution - to invade other nations and take there wealth and resources.

There was NEVER a Master Race and never a Superior race from which THEY ALONE Were descended and as for the Germans themselves?.

We in England called then Hun's (now to be fair we are as well with Hengist and Horsa being a glaring clue that points to that), back in the late 4th century when the Hun's appeared on the scene they conquered the Germanic Tribes whom had already been weakened century's before by the Revenge and punitive action's of a ROMAN general called Germanicus whom led a campaign to avenge the humiliation the Romans had suffered, they never again had a Leader whom tried to unify them as Armenius once had let alone a leader whom actually knew what he was doing.

(never mind the fact his own Brother fought against him in Germanicus army and actually met him in person before beating him up over there family dispute which went something like this ARMENIUS to his brother "Come and Join Me together we will build the German tribes into an empire and rule like Caesar over our own Rome" to which is brother probably responded "You are a disgrace you betrayed our brothers in arms whom you fought side by side and spilled blood with, broke our fathers promise and dishonoured our family to lead a bunch of savages against the empire" - before a major battle - remember they were both actually Princes of a German tribal king and likely his brother was really the elder so perhaps that was another motive for Armenius to try to steal the throne from his brother)

After this by the Romans pretty much left the Devastated German tribes to pick up the pieces but they were never again as formidable as they had been under Armenius and so when the Hun's appeared they were an easy conquest for the Mongol Nomads (See genetic studies that provide extreme strong evidence that the Huns were actually of Mongolian or related origin and probably from what today we call Western China and likley mixed with proto turkic tribes as well).

The Germans as we know them and as Hitler and his Ilk knew them were therefore a very mixed racial group and they knew it which is why when they invaded Norway they were keen to force many BLOND since that was there thing and hey what guy does not like a pretty blond - female of course - into there breeding camp's often against there will were they were then FORCED to have relations with SELECTED members of the SS whom fit the NAZI's idea of perfect being's, after the war to there shame Norway treated the children (Whom were innocent of this) in an appalling manner as well as indeed there mothers many of whom had no choice in the matter being as they were mostly young teenagers kidnapped and forced into the Lebensborn institution (in a Twist the Norwegians saw the German blood of those children as Polluting there own blood lines).

The Nazi's also often took woman from other conquered country's if they regarded them as suitable and of what they regarded as Aryan (which is actually Iranian so they were REALLY dumb if you think about it since they obviously had no idea what an Aryan really looked like and a more accurate term would be Nordic as what they really wanted there new race to look like rather than Aryan but the word had become there's and we know the Nordic lineages are a distinct group from the Aryans of the later Tribal migrations though may have some shared ancestry - hey it's a small planet).

The plans of the NAZI elite were basically NUTS, remember that word as there was a group of very mixed Americans during the battle of the bulge who gave that answer to the Germans and whose refusal to surrender in the face of overwhelming odd's crippled the Germans last ditch attempt to turn the tide of the war back in there favour.

So NO I do not agree that I got it wrong or explained it wrong I actually simply stated it as it was, the Elite of the NAZI's would probably fail on a quiz show, Heinrich Himmler for example thought that he was Harry Potter (though that character had not yet been invented) and even indulged in ritual human sacrifice in Wewelsburg castle, they were even writing a fake bible with Hitler playing the messiah and had there Ahnenerbe occult wing searching for everything from the Lance of Longinus to the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail which they fully intended to desecrate and use in there black occult ceremony's.

Yet the Germans voted that lot in, almost as bad as my country voting the bloody Tory's in.

edit on 17-9-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: 727Sky

I want one of the mini ones from Wrangel Island.

A pet wooly mammoth would be so cute. As big as a Chihuahua. Those tusks could still do some damage though.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
John Hammond: "Condors are on the verge of extinction! If I were to create a flock of condors on this island, you wouldn't have anything to say!"

Ian Malcolm: "This isn't some species that was obliterated by deforestation or the building of a dam. *Mammoths had their shot and Nature selected them for extinction!"

(*Bold is mine)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Just don't bring back the 1974 Ford Pinto runabout 4 speed skirted with U.S.
mags and pin striping.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is just like the issue in the Puget Sound here in Washington State. The Southern Resident Orcas were naturally dying off until a group of people were able to bring their numbers up to a more survivable number. Now they have to be babied by getting hand fed Salmon and laws to prevent them from running into boats. These orcas are some stupid creatures. The ones out in the ocean hunt blue whales and great white sharks, but here in Washington the orcas have to be taken care of by people.

The weirdest thing about the stupid orcas is when a group of them kill off a grey whale, which also travel through the area, it gets covered up by the State and media. There are stories from the native population here about how they used to hunt whales like the Narwhal, but the Orcas killed them and chased those whales away. The descendants of those orcas now need help to survive. I'm sorry, but those Southern Resident Orcas should have just been allowed to die off, and then the healthier transient orcas, gray whales, humpback whales, minkes, fin whales, pacific white-sided dolphins, narwhals, and pseudorcas could come back in better healthier population numbers.

This issue of bring back extinct animals, while nice sounding, is just asking for creation of either a failed copy of the the original, or a massive human dependent creature for survival.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Think of how out of control a large flock of passenger pigeons could get? Some of those flocks were huge and did great damage where ever they went. DoDo birds would be cool I think.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

My chickens have scaly clawed feet and seem related to velociraptors, which latest evidence seems to suggest, like T Rex, may have been feathered.

One of my chickens caught, killed and ate a mouse.

I have always wondered if some of those Dino's might actually have been warm blooded.

Like, Triceratops seems very like a Rhino?

Just my two cents.

Indeed it is thought many dinosaurs were feathered and warm blooded too. It was once thought they were cold blooded I think mainly due to their reptilian appearance.

As for chickens, I used to keep them and they would eat anything they could get their beaks on including meat off a bone left from dinner.

You seem to suggest that some dinosaurs may be related to modern mammals and I would agree with you in some cases. There are some fossils which show a cross over between animals of the dinosaur era and modern mammals, sharing characteristics. I dont remember the names of the creatures however.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join