It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Woolly Mammoth Will Be Back In 6 Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Full title : The Woolly Mammoth Will Be Back In 6 Years, Says New Start-Up in Partnership with Harvard University. It was not that long ago I did a thread about bringing back a dinosaur (possible named Chickenosaurus www.abovetopsecret.com... Now I come across another article about bringing back the Woolly Mammoth. I can only imagine what the youth of today will actually see in their life times .

The usual comments about what could go wrong etc etc is understood, however this science is happening either now or in the near term future. If this works I would expect the Russians to be having a Mammoth barbecue after the herd is established.. (sarc)

Colossal, a new Texas-based start-up, plans to bring the woolly mammoth back from the dead and return an ancient species to the Arctic tundra.

Working with Harvard University’s Dr. George Church, a pioneer who laid the scientific groundwork for the de-extinction of the mammoth, Colossal is a “new wave of thoughtful and disruptive conservation aimed at combating the effects of climate change through ecosystem restoration,” according to their press release. Using CRISPR gene-editing technology, Colossal’s goal is to “rewild” the Siberian Tundra with mammoths for the purpose of conservation and to restore the ecosystem back to when mammoths roamed.

“Successfully reintroducing the mammoth to the tundra for the purposes of rewilding and reestablishing the Arctic grassland is a radical new approach at combating climate change and helping to protect the trapped carbon and methane in the permafrost,” Ben Lamm, co-founder and Colossal’s CEO, told The Debrief.

thedebrief.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I want one of the mini ones from Wrangel Island.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Not a science girl.
But your going to combat climate change, by bringing back an extinct animal, that died off for a reason?

Why don't we just bring back a herd of T-rex's, and eliminate us? Way better for the environment right?

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Ive seen a couple Documentaries on PBS Nova about bringing back the Mammoth...

www.pbs.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So theyre going to bring back the grasslands by introducing heards of giant animals that eat grass?

None of this sounds thought out

Its like when they reintroduced wolves here into Idaho. Except they did it with huge Canadian timber wolves who are much more aggressive and have a much larger territory than our native wolves.

Now Elk and Moose and livestock populations are suffering huge losses because of it, they are wrecking our ecosystem

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Awesome! The mammoth is such a fascinating creature.

There have been cases of Russians finding intact but frozen mammoths in Siberia suggesting Siberia would have have been much much warmer in order to sustain the mammoth. It suggests an event that rapidly shifted the temperature dramatically.

Despite being hairy they are not built to survive cold anymore then a camel.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No, no, no. You keep them in cages so the great unwashed useful idiots can stop by and look at them straight into their sad eyes as they munch some moldy straw.

Or they could open a mammoth farm, breed the crap out of them and we could all have some very tasty mammoth burgers.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Except that it WON'T be the woolly mammoth at all but a Chimera of Elephant and extinct Mammoth DNA and the same with plan's if they find enough intact DNA to do identical with the Mastodon, various large extinct predators and long extinct species of wolves.

Here is my anger of the issue, Hitler and his MOB wanted to wipe out the Polish and REWILD Poland into a copy of a primeval forest, they had this plan to bring back an extinct but once ferocious species of cattle and were going to train the NAZI Eugenically engineered youth of abominations by setting them to hunt these cattle with nothing more than there wits and perhaps a spear.

Today we live in world of deluded brainwashed idiots that are letting some utter SCUMBAGS tell them again and again and again that there are too many people in the world when in fact there are studies that are TRUE Science that prove that we could sustain up to a hundred times as many people with no difficulty though we would have to change our society from a consumerism based one to do so into more of an agrarian and high technological society and what is more we could do so and leave more than enough room for nature.

The Brainwashing through controlled media has been to acclimatize the public into the idea that there are too many humans, in fact there are too many for the few at the very top and that is what it is really about not too many people but too many people wanting power in there hands and not the hands of hidden tyrants.

Sorry but I had to speak my mind.

While it is far more than laudable to save current species, bring back species that are necessary to the eco system that have RECENTLY gone extinct I see this playing with the restoration of a species more than ten thousand years gone as an abomination and nothing more than a bunch of self serving lunatics that would be better off searching for cures to diseases and solutions to actual real world problems than upsetting the current eco system by introducing DEAD species to it with no care for the people and species that currently live there.

I find it sickening.

Sorry not angry with anyone's opinion but to my mind this is squandering human resources and money on something that unless there is a sudden demand in mammoth steak's I can not really see serving any purpose, that said imagine the fillet steak you could get out of one of those things.

edit on 17-9-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
and will die of corona in 8

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
its a funding stunt

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Watch it now, watch it, here he comes

edit on 17-9-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'll be eagerly awaiting the return of the Woolly Rhino. It'll make a great pet for when I retire in the Adirondacks.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Glad you mentioned the Aurochs and the hairbrained plans of German leadership to "bring them back" (but not really as you explained).

Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Glad you mentioned the Aurochs and the hairbrained plans of German leadership to "bring them back" (but not really as you explained).

Cheers

^^^ I see what you did there.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good OP!!!

Another bookmark to use so as to fill my sleepless nights reading.

Keep them coming please!!!!! 😎

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Not a science girl.
But your going to combat climate change, by bringing back an extinct animal, that died off for a reason?

Why don't we just bring back a herd of T-rex's, and eliminate us? Way better for the environment right?
Damn, don't give them any ideas!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Seems nature has a jump on us here, Neanderthals live on in many humans.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They fart don't they? They make some big poop piles I bet. I wonder what their carbon footprint must be like.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It sounds so awesome, but claims like this come every few years, saying that the science is already here and it's right around the corner.

Could hunters help bring back the woolly mammoth from extinction? November 2016
A Mammoth Undertaking August 2016
How to Bring Back the Woolly Mammoth (Infographic) October 2013
Can scientists bring mammoths back to life by cloning?

I'll believe it when someone starts trophy hunting them.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Good catch. What a hare-y situation!

Cheers

<<   2 >>

join