It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make a Chickenosaurus

page: 1..

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
A company has secured 38 million dollars to create a real dino from an extinct species that is assumed to have been smart and friendly. They may be correct as many birds will form a bond with their owners in a friendly sort of way. They may have a species within the year; I hope so... Que in spooky music !

I do wonder if a real ancient dino could live on earth now as the oxygen content of the atmosphere is less than it was 64 to 66 million years ago ? I do remember several years ago (2009) Jack Horner and others played around with chicken DNA and ended up with an embryo that had teeth and a tail... It did not live outside the egg..supposedly,,, Call it a Chickenosaurus.. If they, the Chickenosaurus end up growing and eating people I supposed it would be turn about fair play if you consider the millions if not billions of chickens eaten everyday..? youtu.be...

Jack Horner and his Chickensaurus; a funny presentation and worth a listen IMO youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That's the exact same plot of Roger Corman's Carnosaur! Without the nuclear bomb at the end but the science has me all agog.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I do wonder if a real ancient dino could live on earth now as the oxygen content of the atmosphere is less than it was 64 to 66 million years ago ?

Actually there is slightly more atmospheric oxygen today than during the Cretaceous where O2 Levels ranged from 15-19% compared to today's 21%

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

small dinos definitely make better pets

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

I do wonder if a real ancient dino could live on earth now as the oxygen content of the atmosphere is less than it was 64 to 66 million years ago ?

Actually there is slightly more atmospheric oxygen today than during the Cretaceous where O2 Levels ranged from 15-19% compared to today's 21%

300 million years ago the Earths atmosphere was guesstimated at 30% oxygen thus all the huge insects thrived. Today we have 20% oxygen and 78% nitrogen. youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

A company has secured 38 million dollars to create a real dino from an extinct species that is assumed to have been smart and friendly. They may be correct as many birds will form a bond with their owners in a friendly sort of way. They may have a species within the year; I hope so... Que in spooky music !

Nah, que in Goldblum:

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

300 million years ago the Earths atmosphere was guesstimated at 30% oxygen thus all the huge insects thrived. Today we have 20% oxygen and 78% nitrogen. youtu.be...

That's great and all but that's still more time passing between the cited 30% atmospheric O2 and the earliest dinosaurs than has passed between the extinction of dinosaurs at the KT boundary and today. Between 300 Ma and 230 Ma atmospheric O2 dropped to about 15% and jumped to about 19% by 200 Ma which immediately preceded the first sauropods. And not to be overly pedantic but today we have 21% O2 in our atmosphere not 20%. I know that on paper it doesn't look like a big deal but that's a 5% difference and when talking about atmospheric composition 5% can be a huge deal. Just like a drop from 30% to 15% is massive as is an increase from 15% to 19%

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have a Blue Healer, but I’m pretty much sure he’s a full blooded Velociraptor.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Will it have the consistency of chicken meat but taste of crocodile possibly?

And if crocodile tastes a bit like chicken, does that make it the better chicken?

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join