It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, UK & Australia sign AUKUS Pact to build Nuclear Subs for Australia. China displeased.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So this is a pact to supply Aus with nuclear powered Subs, powered - not armed - seen as a pact to counter the threat of Chinese aggression in the South China Sea:

BBC News - Aukus: China denounces US-UK-Australia pact as irresponsible
www.bbc.co.uk...

China is not impressed.

Now, my question is, how does that sit well with those on here who claim that your POTUS is paid/controlled etc by China?

As an added bonus, it has upset the French, too.

Now, this thread is about this pact and Biden supposedly being controlled by China. Please don't derail with "Biden=paedo, senile etc.

I'm a Brit, not an evil Dem and have an interest as UK is involved.

Play nicely, please!

Mods please move if wrong forum.

edit on 16-9-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Biden also said our southern border is secure, we’ll get everyone out of Afghanistan and that our taxes won’t be raised and that the inflation is temporary.

But if you want to trust and believe him this time.......lol.....go right on ahead.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Biden also said our southern border is secure, we’ll get everyone out of Afghanistan and that our taxes won’t be raised and that the inflation is temporary.

But if you want to trust and believe him this time.......lol.....go right on ahead.

I did ask you to keep to the subject of this thread, so please do.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I am. If you want to believe and trust that Biden is going to follow through with this, then good for you.

I wouldn’t trust him to to blink if you tossed glitter in his eyes.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am. If you want to believe and trust that Biden is going to follow through with this, then good for you.

I wouldn’t trust him to to blink if you tossed glitter in his eyes.

"Sigh". Well, I tried.....
Will the UK and Aus not "follow through" then?

Please try and stay on topic.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
France lose $90billion on their submarine deal with Australia.
While that may not cause problems for the US or Australia-It sure will for us Brits.
You know the routine-pressure on fishing,turnng a blind eye to migrants as they travel though france to get to britain,making imports/exports more expensive/difficult.

Not that I blame them-in this case they just got royally screwed by their "friends."
Seems to be a trend these days sadly.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
France got a little pissy too - www.foxnews.com...

They had much to say but in the end called it "regrettable".

Biden obviously taking notes from Dale Carnegie.
edit on 9162021 by HairForceOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

France has never been a 'friend' of the UK.
You can not erase a thousand odd years of history.
Just look at de Gaulle's dislike of and resentment towards us.

We have some shared interests, that's about it.

Australia aren't just friends, they are family and we have a moral obligation to them.

We shouldn't really care what China thinks about it.
As pointed out in the OP, these submarines will not be carrying nuclear weapons so it does not break any non-proliferation agreements.
And Australia has a right to help protect itself and its interests in light of Chinese expansionism.

As for Biden and the US; we can only believe that they've entered this agreement with honourable intentions and they will be judged on their acts and deeds and not on partisan politics.

edit on 16/9/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
How long b4 they are in the water..

Tick tock....

Riouz

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Clearly the French are unhappy, as their massive contract for conventional submarines has been binned. They are whining-on to the EU about how unfair the world is.

Interestingly, the EU is also unhappy, because they are trying to play a "nice" game and develop their style of EU-based diplomacy. They have been wrong-footed and snubbed. The EU need to pick sides and stop pandering to the Chinese human rights disaster.

China are also unhappy because people are lining up to balance their disruptive overseas ambitions. This announcement came on the day that Japan basically said, "...cease your messing around with the Senkaku Islands or else we will start to take action".

This is a good alliance. It's built on friendship and mutual respect.

EDIT TO ADD. France is not a nation state anymore and people are beginning to treat them that way. They cry about not being treated like a country, but support France being a province of the EU. They are shackled to the EU's foreign policy.
edit on 16/9/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
So this is a pact to supply Aus with nuclear powered Subs, powered - not armed - seen as a pact to counter the threat of Chinese aggression in the South China Sea:

www.bbc.co.uk...

China is not impressed.

Now, my question is, how does that sit well with those on here who claim that your POTUS is paid/controlled etc by China?

Now, this thread is about this pact and Biden supposedly being controlled by China. Please don't derail with "Biden=paedo, senile etc.

Play nicely, please!

So, uh, it appears the Australians will be building these themselves? With information provided by the USA and UK?
Big difference between providing weapons and providing plans to build weapons.
As long as they remain actual allies this would be good.
Tho 5eyes took it in the shorts when it was revealed they were used to spy on political opposition in the USA.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.bbc.co.uk...

China is not impressed.

Play nicely, please!

So, uh, it appears the Australians will be building these themselves? With information provided by the USA and UK?
Big difference between providing weapons and providing plans to build weapons.
As long as they remain actual allies this would be good.
Tho 5eyes took it in the shorts when it was revealed they were used to spy on political opposition in the USA.

Yes, you read my link correctly.

We will give the Aussies the tech to build them.

Apologies if I didn't make that clearer.

Any chance of anyone actually answering my question in my opening post?

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

While Biden has folks he has to answer to in China, he also has the MIC to answer to as well. Does this decision really change anything from a China standpoint? I don't believe so as it takes quite a bit of time to build a submarine, test it, and have it seaworthy. With how China has been acting lately I don't believe Australia would have time to produce or deploy any submarine that would make a practical difference.

I'll wager permission was asked for and given, of course China has to put on the obligatory face of it bothering them as a matter of basic principle. The US MIC makes money and China really loses nothing tangible from the deal.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Also, just to say that the Australian's were truly fed up with the French submarines, as the contract was mushrooming out of control and becoming very (er) French. So, all was not well. Someone has actually canned a failing defence project!

French sub contract

The claims, reported by local news media in the wake of an Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) report about the program earlier this week, suggested negotiations with Naval Group were at such a poor state the Commonwealth-appointed Naval Shipbuilding Advisory Board had earlier recommended drawing up contingency plans.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

While Biden has folks he has to answer to in China, he also has the MIC to answer to as well. Does this decision really change anything from a China standpoint? I don't believe so as it takes quite a bit of time to build a submarine, test it, and have it seaworthy. With how China has been acting lately I don't believe Australia would have time to produce or deploy any submarine that would make a practical difference.

I'll wager permission was asked for and given, of course China has to put on the obligatory face of it bothering them as a matter of basic principle. The US MIC makes money and China really loses nothing tangible from the deal.

I don't find that very convincing. How much would you wager?

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So this is a pact to supply Aus with nuclear powered Subs

I apologize, perhaps supply has other meanings.

I did.

As long as they remain actual allies this would be good

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

So this is a pact to supply Aus with nuclear powered Subs

I apologize, perhaps supply has other meanings.

I did.

As long as they remain actual allies this would be good

Like I clarified, as in supply the tech to build them.

So the UK and Aus might not remain allies?

That does not answer my original question.

No one has, yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i mean Australia has been paying more and more for 5 years yet this French company has yet to deliver anything, its understandable why Australia would drop them.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Oh, that question. I was talking about reality, because this old "Biden is paid by the Chinese" is just silly fantasy.

The problem with politics - especially American politics - is that if you don't like someone you just make up reasons why!

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Oh, that question. I was talking about reality, because this old "Biden is paid by the Chinese" is just silly fantasy.

The problem with politics - especially American politics - is that if you don't like someone you just make up reasons why!

Surely not! Please, say it ain't so?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join