It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norm Macdonald

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The comedy legend Norm Macdonald has passed away from cancer. For me, Norm always reminded me of another Canadian funny guy that I worked with, Dave Shand (yes, the NHL player) who was on the radio until he got afoul of the PC crowd who had a very similar style where sometimes you just go "What?" before it hits you. His professor of logic joke is epic as is the dirty uncles.

I watch Norm on Conan all the time and on Letterman too. The comedy style was so original and delivered so well that was always funny even when it wasn't.

If you want to laugh until you're sick, watch Norm's podcast with Super Dave. Epic comedy gold.

It's really weird to say but this is affecting me as much as when Reagan died. So, so terribly sad. I've always known we feel sad when someone dies not for them but for us because we miss their contribution to our lives.

www.usatoday.com...
www.al.com...

edit on 14-9-2021 by billxam because: add line

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

His Burt Reynolds was absolutely the best. So irreverent. Suited McDonald's personality to a tee.

edit on 30America/ChicagoTue, 14 Sep 2021 15:24:17 -0500Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:24:17 -050021092021-09-14T15:24:17-05:00300000024 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
R.I.P. Norm, you gave us a lot of laughs!

edit on 14-9-2021 by vonclod because: spelling

edit on 14-9-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Norm Macdonald was as unique as a man can be. hate to hear of his passing, he gave me quite a few good laughs.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
One of my favs.

61 is too young. RIP, Norm. You will be missed, but know you were loved.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

OMG, Turd Furgeson even made it to the real show. The hat's funny. No it's not. Yeah it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Always liked norm

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A rather large part of growing up and could always identify with his dry, lingering humor. Something today that just couldn't be replicated.

RIP Norm

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Norm will always be a legend. If I could embed video there's a clip of him on The View with Barbara Walters and some other wenches. He trolled them so artfully and skillfully...it was a sight to behold. Also called out Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby right there in front of those witches on national TV. They were freaking out so bad it was glorious. I became a fan for life right there.This had to be back in the 90s too way before stuff became common knowledge.

RIP you ol lump of coal.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Norm's SNL about OJ was legendary as was his 12-minute joke, he will be missed. Here's the other thing I didn't even know he was sick.

Hell I was watching him on youtube talking about the pandemic at some club not to long ago
edit on 14-9-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Norm will always be a legend. If I could embed video there's a clip of him on The View with Barbara Walters and some other wenches. He trolled them so artfully and skillfully...it was a sight to behold. Also called out Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby right there in front of those witches on national TV. They were freaking out so bad it was glorious. I became a fan for life right there.This had to be back in the 90s too way before stuff became common knowledge.

RIP you ol lump of coal.

That was without a doubt one of the funniest 3-4 things I have ever seen. He was like 1000 miles over their heads!
God, that was so funny it's surreal.

"We need to get the homicide out of the White House."

Joy Beher: "Who's a murderer?"

Norm: "Clinton. He murdered a guy."

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That was hilarious. His jokes take long but the punch line finally gets ya. Dirty work with artie Lange is so underrated. a reply to: billxam

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Bahaha thank you for that yes that is the show. F'in legendary.

.....OKAY, MANSLAUGHTER lmao godammit norm

I love Bill Cosby he's my hero he's NEVER been accused of ANYTHING...norm is a GOAT
edit on 14-9-2021 by SuicideKing33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My all time favorite comedian, not even close.

I've never been upset when I have received news of a passing celebrity, until yesterday.

So many hours of laughter the man gave me and the whole world.

Rest in Peace.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
The comedy legend Norm Macdonald has passed away from cancer. For me, Norm always reminded me of another Canadian funny guy that I worked with, Dave Shand (yes, the NHL player) who was on the radio until he got afoul of the PC crowd who had a very similar style where sometimes you just go "What?" before it hits you. His professor of logic joke is epic as is the dirty uncles.

I watch Norm on Conan all the time and on Letterman too. The comedy style was so original and delivered so well that was always funny even when it wasn't.

If you want to laugh until you're sick, watch Norm's podcast with Super Dave. Epic comedy gold.

It's really weird to say but this is affecting me as much as when Reagan died. So, so terribly sad. I've always known we feel sad when someone dies not for them but for us because we miss their contribution to our lives.

www.usatoday.com...
www.al.com...

The podcast with Super Dave is great, really the whole first season of the podcast and much of season two are awesome.

His comedy novel from a few years ago is wonderful as well,Conan and talk show appearances, the Espys, the White House Correspondent night, his standup which was almost always great,anything with that man is pure comedy.

Damn the world has lost a comedic genius.
edit on 15-9-2021 by KaiserSouszay because: RIP Norm

top topics

join