It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Gaurd to drive school Buses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow this seems like some Netflix dystopian movie. Nothing against National guard But That is just kind of a dark picture having the natinal guard drive children to school.

www.washingtonpost.com/nation

www.washingtonpost.com...

I wonder what other workforce shortages are going to happen.
edit on Tue Sep 14 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

edit on Tue Sep 14 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I hope there are enough for them to see that we are not the useless eaters they think we are.

Now if we can get enough people to slow down on travel, and purchases from big businesses and online stores, long enough for them to feel the burn, maybe things will really start to shift.

Refuse conscription. Because I am sure they will try reestablishing the draft.

Seriously though, I really do hope enough people will just not comply to anything they don't believe, don't want, don't trust, or because of fear.

edit on 14-9-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
First, you are in the military, so you have to get vaxed.
Second, once you are vaxed, you are going to drive a school bus.
Third, with your PTSD
Fourth, without a gun.
Fifth, with Vaccine dementia,

Yea, Be All That You Can BE,

hahahahaha

Can't wait to compare those recruitment Ads with the Russian and Chinese
edit on 14-9-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You know the country has definitely gone to complete # when you refuse to pay bus drivers a real wage, and the NATIONAL GUARD has to do the job instead.

We are well beyond #ed up anymore. Jesus.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Will the Guard drivers get to refer to the buses as “MY bus”?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Repuppetcans were warned about letting Trump use National Gaurd outside of their designated fit & how he provoked defund the police. Now they are paying the consequences of military states.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObviousTruth

Repuppetcans were warned about letting Trump use National Gaurd outside of their designated fit & how he provoked defund the police. Now they are paying the consequences of military states.

Not very observant, are you? This came about because the job doesn't pay enough to make it worth doing. Districts have admitted this much, and the sign-on bonus lures haven't come CLOSE to being enough to make it worthwhile still.

In other words, a worthless job by all accounts, was just thrust upon the NG because cheapskates.

Talk about consequences indeed.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"You! Tommy! You're the co-ax gunner!" "What?" "Oops! Sorry! I used to drive a bus in Kabul."

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
They might be able to hang with the kids. Unqualified at best. Kids these days are a bunch of rowdy, mean window lickers.
I love the idea of having the National Guard stationed at schools.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObviousTruth

In other words your team is too weak or too incompetent to do things right?

LOL
edit on 14-9-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Speak for yourself, you didn't even read what you read of my post. You just said what I said with saying more the same details that I just saw while reverting to insults to secure your own insecurities haha

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

No ha the repuppetcans are just puppets not weak. They wanted national guard acting like caretakers & domestic military & they were warned about this happening. Now that it happened they complain & complain. It's a broken record with repuppetcans.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Somebody could buy a couple of 15-passenger vans, get whatever license would be required, acquire the appropriate insurance, and start a little business hauling little Janes and Johnnys to school.

They could interview the kids and parents like private academies do and only take the ones that they choose to take. They could have the parents sign a legal document that lays out the Agreements that must be adhered to, e.g. behavior, punctuality, etc. etc. and any no-liability issues.

Charge a substantial fee for the privilege of being chauffeured in a clean, safe, well-maintained vehicle. I know lots of parents that would pay for such service.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Give the Afghans green cards and assign them to drive the school busses

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ObviousTruth

Just curious, but when you stub your toe, is that the "repuppetcans" fault?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

Hell not you do not want that, they will be shopping for their child brides in the buses, no way jose.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Guard has been driving school buses for a long time. Most units have a couple of them to transport Soldiers to training events and many are qualified to drive them, especially in engineering units where they drive heavy equipment.

During Katrina, there was a plan before the storm where local bus drivers would be called to action and help evacuate people. Looked great on paper. Unfortunately it failed. The bus drivers got scared and bailed. At that point the Guard took over the operation.

Similar situation here. The bus drivers are civilians and not obligated to any morale duty or code. Any of them can quit at any given time over anything, not just pay. They could quit after winning the lottery or quit after the inherited money and just walk off the job...meh.

End of the day someone is needed to take the morale high ground. If someone does not society breaks down. It kinda already has in many ways but the Guard taking over is a GOOD THING. Next step is to vote these city officials out and raise the standard on quality of people hired with pay to match that quality. Want hire pay then fine but a new rule. Walk off the job without warning and it's a crime. Bet the standards go up where this never happens again.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Lets hope they dont shoot anyone. I mean who wants to hear a song spelled Massachusetts.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

In Chicago there are twice as many job openings. One for driver and one for tail-gunner.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join