It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epitaphs on the graves of the British soldiers of the Crimean War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This is the difference between Russians and Westerners. You fear for your lives and surrender cities without a fight. and the Russians fight to the death and win all wars.
a reply to: RussianTroll

All wars... but last one I remember you lose. It was in Afghanistan. Any epitaphs from that one?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

American satellites are looking at one dumpling in my plate, but for 7 years they have not been able to see Russian troops in Donbass and who shot down the Malaysian plane. (((

Yeah, whatever did happen to the coward Strelkov? Did he get his just rewards or his just desserts?

Strelkov (real name Girkin) really became a coward. He chickened out and surrendered the Russian city of Slavyansk to the Nazis. In Russia, he is now considered by the majority as a coward and an agent of the CIA (there are reasons).

Girkin? He was not a coward...he was a pickle. Heh, heh, English pun. Anyway, he may have saved many lives by surrendering the city. There are reasons? Maybe a connection with the US of A being the "4th Reich."

This is the difference between Russians and Westerners. You fear for your lives and surrender cities without a fight. and the Russians fight to the death and win all wars.

How did things work out for you in Afghanistan? Did you win?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

All wars... but last one I remember you lose. It was in Afghanistan. Any epitaphs from that one?

The Russians left Afghanistan with dignity, without firing a single shot, with banners and flowers unfurled. The Najibullah regime was still more than 3 years old, until it fell into the USSR. How did NATO troops leave, and where is their regime? With trucks of stolen dollars that didn't fit on the plane? And people fell down.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

"Without firing a single shot"?!!!!!!!

You sure about that?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You sure about that?

Of course I'm sure. Agreements were made with all the tribal leaders. And the last to leave the territory of Afghanistan was Commander General Gromov. Until now, Russian "shuravi" are respected in Afghanistan, because Russians always keep their word.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

with banners and flowers unfurled.

Flowers? You mean opium poppy ones? Anyway, RussianTroll, you still have to win one and only one war: the one against dictatorship. No need to go to foreign countries to find a dictator against whom to fight. And no need to use weapons. Just disobey. It's not that difficult. See, in the desert all flags, flowers, and banners get rotten and ragged. All beliefs turn into dust. No heroes, just thirst. No victories, just dust.

Reread the epitaphs you posted. Learn from them. That's all it remains after a war. No flowers, just tears.
edit on 10-9-2021 by Direne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Watched a TV show last night about Chile. British did a genocide on the natives there in 19thC and wiped out every single population. It's news to me but that was the ways of the world back then. Bet you guys did the same to the Tatars, Stan Republics, Alaskans too back in the .day

Sh*t happens Ruskie Troll............ Live with it

Errrr. No.

Britain had # all to with Chile in the 19th century, which became independent in 1818, apart from a few civil engineers who went over in a private capacity.

Oh, and the US sided with the Russians in the Crimea.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You sure about that?

Of course I'm sure. Agreements were made with all the tribal leaders. And the last to leave the territory of Afghanistan was Commander General Gromov. Until now, Russian "shuravi" are respected in Afghanistan, because Russians always keep their word.

Come off it. It was your Vietnam.

You lost. Rather badly.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

with banners and flowers unfurled.

Flowers? You mean opium poppy ones? Anyway, RussianTroll, you still have to win one and only one war: the one against dictatorship. No need to go to foreign countries to find a dictator against whom to fight. And no need to use weapons. Just disobey. It's not that difficult. See, in the desert all flags, flowers, and banners get rotten and ragged. All beliefs turn into dust. No heroes, just thirst. No victories, just dust.

Reread the epitaphs you posted. Learn from them. That's all it remains after a war. No flowers, just tears.

Yes, flowers. At that time I myself was personally near that bridge in Uzbekistan, and I myself saw how the troops were leaving. There were no heroes in that war, just the Russians were doing their military duty. Things are different now. I was scared and disgusted to see what was happening at the Kabul airport. I think. most people in the world have experienced the same.
About the epitaphs. I must remind the English about the epitaphs. After the provocation of the HMS Defender (D36) in the territorial waters of Russia in the Crimea, this is especially important.

By the way, opium from Afghanistan is the business of the CIA and NATO aviation. This is known to the whole world.
edit on 10-9-2021 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You sure about that?

Come off it. It was your Vietnam.

You lost. Rather badly.

America created the Taliban against the USSR. Forty years later, the Taliban defeated America.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I have always associated your country with rather ludicrous propaganda and airbrushing your history.

You are doing very little to convince me otherwise. In fact, you are just confirming it.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I have always associated your country with rather ludicrous propaganda and airbrushing your history.

You are doing very little to convince me otherwise. In fact, you are just confirming it.

I am not involved in propaganda. I'm just giving my opinion. Is it a crime? Then prove that America is a free country and ban me forever.
I just think that you are so blinded by your propaganda that in every Russian you see an enemy and a propagandist. And I am a simple Russian person who wants us to understand each other and take into account all interests. Otherwise, we will not understand each other and will be enemies forever. Who benefits from this?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Who benefits from this?

The guys selling flowers?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I am not involved in propaganda. I'm just giving my opinion. Is it a crime? Then prove that America is a free country and ban me forever.
I just think that you are so blinded by your propaganda that in every Russian you see an enemy and a propagandist. And I am a simple Russian person who wants us to understand each other and take into account all interests. Otherwise, we will not understand each other and will be enemies forever. Who benefits from this?

Why would I have to prove that?

I'm not an American.

But I understand Russia and Putin just fine, thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Watched a TV show last night about Chile. British did a genocide on the natives there in 19thC and wiped out every single population.

First I've ever heard about that.
Any details or links to reliable sources?

As for the OP?
Ha Ha Ha.
More propaganda from ATS's very own Putin acolyte.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Hi FB
yeah it the first I ever heard about it too. Never realised the Brits were in southern Chile and wiped out the entire Americas Indians population, then again I guess they gave it a good go at the top end of the Americas so maybe its a real one.

Genuinely no idea whetre the information came from or can't think of links. If it comes to mid I'll post it, maybe it was a food programe or travel or something. Might even have been a dream getting semi coinfused with reality but do genuinely think it was 2/3 possibly a rea;l one. Had a few Urquells and the memory is a little hazy

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Can you not let the dead rest in peace ?

Very bad form.

The Russians have a proverb: "He who does not know his past has no future."

The British have a proverb also, " Take No Notice Of People Who Spout Rubbish "

edit on 10-9-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Watched a TV show last night about Chile. British did a genocide on the natives there in 19thC and wiped out every single population. It's news to me but that was the ways of the world back then. Bet you guys did the same to the Tatars, Stan Republics, Alaskans too back in the .day

Errrr. No.

Britain had # all to with Chile in the 19th century, which became independent in 1818, apart from a few civil engineers who went over in a private capacity.

For sure in your mindset yet I watched a pic last night and they stated the Britz wiped out every single people in tyhe Southern Chile............... Hey i don't know if its@ real oir not yet the Empure took out all the atlanatic southern territories. We still have the Flak;ands to this day plus other rocks in the Atlantic. Somebody wiped out the undihinous populations in Chile alsoi Argentoina too and if the Spanish plus Poortugeese dind't do it ypou can bet in the Britoish and if that don't fit then the Frogs and of that dont' fit then thge Belgioans who generally were as good as it gets at Cololanaisism

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Errrr. No.

For sure in your mindset yet I watched a pic last night and they stated the Britz wiped out every single people in tyhe Southern Chile............... Hey i don't know if its@ real oir not yet the Empure took out all the atlanatic southern territories. We still have the Flak;ands to this day plus other rocks in the Atlantic. Somebody wiped out the undihinous populations in Chile alsoi Argentoina too and if the Spanish plus Poortugeese dind't do it ypou can bet in the Britoish and if that don't fit then the Frogs and of that dont' fit then thge Belgioans who generally were as good as it gets at Cololanaisism

Time for bed, I think....

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The Belgians.

Think of Belgium and you think of moule et frites, beer, chocolate. You think of a tiny defenceless nation stuck between France and Germany. All lace and Christmas markets.

A hundred and twenty years ago, they were the biggest barstewards on the earth bar none. So bad that they inspired Conrad to write Heart of Darkness, the template for Apocalypse Now.

Ten million dead in the Congo.

More than Hitler.

How the blue blazes did they manage to keep such a low profile since then?
edit on 10-9-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join