It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Methuselah Die?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Text My question is this: Did Methuselah die of old age or drowning?

It is not told in detail but the Talmud [San. 108] along with the Jewish Time Line Encyclopedia will tell us that Methuselah was so righteous that God gave him a natural death seven days before the flood. God spared Methuselah the misery of death with the wicked.

g

l

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Methuselah lived to be 969 years old and was the oldest person recorded in The Bible. When he was 187 years old, he had a son named Lamech. After that, Methuselah lived another 782 years. 782 plus 187 equals 969. In Genesis 5:27, The Bible confirms this figure.

When Methuselah's son Lamech was 182, he had a son named Noah. When Noah was 600 years old, the flood happened. If you add the years 187 (when Methuselah had Lamech, and then 182 when Lamech had Noah, then 600 years later when the flood came, those three figures add up to 969 years. That would have been the same amount of years that Methuselah lived, so he died in the year of the flood.

My question is this: Did Methuselah die of old age or drowning?

The Bible doesn't go into this, but it sure makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Methuselah’s daddy was Enoch, God told Enoch that when his son died then the flood will come. Methuselah’s name in Hebrew means “his death shall bring (it)”. Methuselah’s long life is a testament to the long-suffering patience and grace of God. So Methuselah died a natural death, once the mourning period was over the flood came.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks, everybody! That was some fascinating information that I hadn't heard before.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join