It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sancocho de Pescado - Colombian soup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am in a serious relationship with a colombiana. Different cultures different food.

Therefore I make soup. Regardless, soup was my go to anyway.

This soup just happens to be extremely healthy. It consists of green plantain, yuca, and corn.

I went with the box sazón con azafrán to get a feel of the taste before going rogue and making my own non (i like msg. Msg is natural.) box seasoning.

It is a seafood soup but I used chicken stock instead to mellow the seafood broth flavor and make it more drinkable.

Argentine shrimp, branzino,3 large sea scallops cut in quarters, corn, green plantains, yuca, yellow onion dice, 2 cloves garlic dice, 2 scallions sliced thin. 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon sazón con azafrán, 8 cups stock. Cilantro, lime juice, white rice, avocado.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Oh yeah… I rubbed the seafood down with a garlic lime salt mash

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nice pics and recipe for a meal.

Out of curiosity... what part of Colombia is she from? I spent some years in Bogota', Barranquilla and Zipaquira (where the underground Cathedral is in the Salt Mines).

Cartagena had some of the best Shrimp I've ever tasted/eaten.

Johnny

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

She was born in the Amazonia region but was raised in Bogota. Her father lives in Spain. Mine in Portugal. We are both left handed and green eyed. It is fate

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I like seafood soups. My grandfather used to make them when I was a kid and often we made Kala Mojakka at home. We also made scalloped potatoes with salt cod fish in the oven, a whole pound of salt cod was used for that. I like potatoes with fish myself but this looks kind of tasty. I would probably just use trout or whitefish for the soup myself, you can get that locally. Maybe some frozen shrimp might be good in this too. not much of a lime person though, even though my mothers family name meant children of the lime.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Fish was frozen from trader joes. Shrimp was frozen from harris teeter.

Next soup I preview will have Guascas

Eating is not only enjoying it is learning about what is enjoyable to eat and how

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Looks yummy !….. I will have to try making this … I made split pea and smoked ham soup the other night ( my husband likes that one )..usually ,I make more broth style soups or chowders . Split pea is alittle too thick for my taste . … thanks for the recipe , I will give it a try !

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

It is super easy

Good luck

Good cooking

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Looks delicious!

You said you went rogue on the sazón con azafrán after using the box mix, what's in that spice mix??

I see this recipe being fairly flexible if you can't find the specific ingredients too (parsnips/potatoes instead of yuca/plantains)

thank you, looks fun

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

2 Tbl Garlic Powder
1 Tbl Dehydrated Garlic
2 1/2 Tbl salt
1/4 tsp MSG
1 tsp Tumeric
1 1/2 Tbl Bijol

top topics

join