It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, here's an idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
After (trying to) distill down everything I've read on covid up to this point, here's what I've come up with...

1. The Delta variant of the virus is the big problem.

2. The 2-jab first vaccine is completely ineffective at preventing a person from contracting the Delta variant. It might lessen illness symptoms, but it has no effect on preventing covid-delta.

Soooo...uhhhh...why not create a 'vaccine' to address the Delta variant...rather than making people line up for endless boosters?

I'm sure I must be missing something here, because this seems too obvious.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I believe I recall listening to the CEO of Pfizer mention that variants may continue to emerge that the vaccines cant directly prevent and new variations will be developed.

The new vaccines need to accommodate the changes in structure of CoV-2
edit on 5-9-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Until this year, we have never made a successful corona virus vaccine.
Now we have several shoved out in about a year.
Anyone that thinks that’s not a concern is being a bit careless.

As a perspective, HIV has been isolated for 30 years and still no vaccine.

I’m not so much concerned about the vaccines being dangerous as much as not very effective.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Soooo...uhhhh...why not create a 'vaccine' to address the Delta variant...rather than making people line up for endless boosters?

Just a non scientific guess here. They already have 100s of millions if not billions of doses made. They gotta sell all those first.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox

Just a non scientific guess here. They already have 100s of millions if not billions of doses made. They gotta sell all those first.

I think the feds already paid for the millions of doses so that wouldn’t matter.
They would probably have to pay millions to dispose of them too…lol

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Because the reason it's ineffective is that the Delta variant has means to avoid parts of the immune system. The vaccine works, just like natural immunity works, but only after it's detected. That's why having had covid/vaccine within 6 months is key, your body still has a stronger immune response going so that once detected you have a lot of weapons to fight it with. After 6 months your body will have to make those weapons again, taking time, allowing the infection to become more serious. Delta also produces symptoms about 3x faster, meaning you need an immediate strong response.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is my frustration!

If I skip a flu shot in 2019 and in 2020 and then I decide to get one in 2021 I don’t have to go backwards and get the flu shots that I missed in 2019 and 2020 because those versions of the flu are no longer circulating.

Why would a person need to get the original mRNA vaccines designed for the alpha variant which is no longer circulating…why not wait for the boosters which are hopefully designed to address the delta, lambda and mu variants?

a reply to: Uknownparadox

edit on 5-9-2021 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The main reason is that it will keep the fear ramped up. If they came up with the "cure" then no fear and no chance to control people/elections. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think the feds already paid for the millions of doses so that wouldn’t matter. They would probably have to pay millions to dispose of them too…lol

True enough.

I am not sure how many the USA bought, but even if they bought 500 million. There is still around 7.5 billion customers left.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Are you seriously advocating for even more vaccines that still will not satisfy normal testing criteria pre administering?

Your correct! You are missing something here - common sense comes to mind.

What a joke.

(and here's me thinking you knew what a " fools errand " was.)
edit on 5-9-2021 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Ding,ding,ding!Correct,first prize.
Boris Bunter had already bought 450 million doses in the UK and a few weeks ago was boasting that he'd ordered another 70 million doses.
70 million people in the UK,7 doses each.
Pin cushion springs to mind.

edit on 5/9/2021 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Boris Bunter had already bought 450 million doses in the UK and a few weeks ago was boasting that he'd ordered another 70 million doses.
70 million in the UK,7 doses each.

Indeed but he did send millions to Australians this week in some sort of swaps.

Your VALID point still remains though.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

After (trying to) distill down everything I've read on covid up to this point, here's what I've come up with...

2. The 2-jab first vaccine is completely ineffective at preventing a person from contracting the Delta variant. It might lessen illness symptoms, but it has no effect on preventing covid-delta.

Your statement #2 is incorrect. Here’s a very recent study that examined how effective the vaccines in the US were both before and after the emergence of the Delta variant:

www.cdc.gov...

Bottom line: with the Alpha variant the vaccines were about 80% effective in preventing infection compared to the unvaccinated cohort; with the Delta variant the effectiveness diminished to 66%.

To claim that preventing 2 out of 3 people from getting infected with Delta who otherwise would have is “no effect” is just not true.

However, it’s entirely possible that a modified vaccine may have to eventually come along as the virus continues to evolve. Research groups are working on it.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Are you seriously advocating for even more vaccines that still will not satisfy normal testing criteria pre administering?

Absolutely not!! Who said anything about that??? You surely didn't see me suggest that! Fully tested and approved. Period. No vaccinations until then.

...What a joke.

No, I think the 'joke' here is you reading imaginary stuff in between the lines.

edit on 9/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

70 million people in the UK,7 doses each.

LOL!

Pin cushion is right!

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Fully tested and approved. Period. No vaccinations until then.

Well, you made no mention of that little add on in the OP did you?

So how long does it take to reach "fully tested and approved"?

The joke is - the fact you want more vaccines specific for delta but still can see a vaccine regime that's incompetently not keeping pace or holding up its end of the bargain, all whilst replying to the post above mine with "pin cushion that's right" ...but hey let's get em to make another concoction??????????????????????

Seems the only imaginary stuff here is your faith in their abilities.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You're missing helluva lot.

First, I'm convinced that the so-called Delta variant is a direct product of or at least compounded be the death shots. The fact that so many dead or infected have been jabbed makes this obvious, IMO.

Next, the endless booster shots are about one primary things for the pharma companies. That thing is ...

MONEY!

If you can't see that by now, I have little hope for you.

Third, for the organs of power, it's about control. This, also, should be clear to anybody awake with a moderately functioning brain.

Lastly, get ready for the last, the OMEGA variant; otherwise known as ABSOLUTE TOTALITARIANISM. That, my friend, is the end goal, and they're making serious headway because people are by-and-large lazy and stupid.
:
edit on 2021 9 05 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The pharma companies don't want to destroy covid. They want to keep selling ineffective booster shots to make more money.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Well okay, I guess I can see how one might interpret the OP that way. And, maybe there was more than a little innuendo in my OP.

To be clear, the underpinning message was...why don't we mandate, erm, strongly recommend a 'vaccine' only once we know for a fact we've got one which actually works like a 'vaccine' is supposed to work?

But yeah, I can understand how the OP might be read with a different viewpoint.

My bad on not being more clear.

I think my past track record here is pretty clear. Mandates by government for anything are NOT okay! Just to be more clear-er.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

**nod** We agree. (see my response to CthruU above)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join