It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google: Who has paid the largest criminal fine in history and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I was not aware of who it was until I Googled it and boy was I in for a surprise.

In case you are too lazy here is an LMGTFY link. lmgtfy.app...

I could say I am shocked but im not. All the more reason not to trust these people. Peace yall. Three-day weekend.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

But big pharma is doing all of this because they care about us.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

2big2fail brother. Any time a large company is fined, ultimately the people subsidize those losses. I think the only solution is to restrict how big exactly a company can get. # is out of control.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Pay no attention. That's just the corrupt government mob getting their cut.

It doesn't affect Pfizer at all. There's plenty of profit in killing off sick people for everybody.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Phluck Phlizer™ !

71 convicted and paid fines, and who knows how many more out-of-court settlements .

Corporations™ are not Psychopaths™ : they're our friends !

Shell™ has received fines more frequently than most other oil and gas companies. Of the larger producers, only Chevron™ has received fines more frequently, on 711 occasions.

Of Shell’s™ 621 fines, 485 have concerned environmental violations. Three of its five largest fines relate to Clean Air Act™ cases, with fines totaling more than $394m. However, the company’s third largest fine instead relates to overstating its proven reserves in its accounts. The fifth largest fine since 2000 related to contract offences, when Shell™ underpaid the royalties it owed on US™ leases up to 1998

They're always trying to do the right thing, but it's just so gall-darned hard to not predate silly stupid Humans, and exploit them without any regard to the wellbeing of society.
Well, that's except for all of those feel-good PR campaigns, which totally make everything alright.

At least our friends haven't skimmed hundreds of trillions off-of the backs of Human labour, and hid it in Tax™-havens.

And it's great to be a free person !!
( Well : you know, after slaving at work all week, and paying half of it in " Taxes™ " )

Some poor SOB gets shafted by the system his whole life, turns to drugs and alcohol for escape, breaks a few laws, gets three strikes, and lock him up for a long time.

Fricken Corporations™ get 600-700 law violations : a minor slap on the wrist, and us idiots continue to buy their products.
No wonder they see us like dumb farm animals to be exploited.

Does anyone still believe that there is one single good person on the Board-of-Directors™, or C-Level™ Management™, anywhere ?
Are they not corrupt to the core criminal cabals ?

The only conceivable way they can continue to operate, is because most of us never recognize that the entire system, is totally corrupt.
Yet some of us idiots still go and vote in Political™ Elections™, because they say nice things on TV™...

And me, being an idiot like all of us serfs, will still go tank-up my car next week...

edit on 4-9-2021 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'm using DuckDuckGo and got TEPCO, with the equivalent of $US450 billion.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Nothing new here... Its just crazy that they get away with it... the fine is a drop in the bucket compared to what they make

Look into the company behind the so called "opioid crisis"

well over 500k dead and the company knew oxy was terribly addictive, and recommended they be prescribed for basically anything that ails ya... even dished out money to doctors as their personally drug dealers... then when they got caught... they just went bankrupt, and paid the family behind the company huge money in their final dealings

Yet the company is still going strong!!

And people wonder why no one trusts Big Pharma...LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Nothing new here... Its just crazy that they get away with it... the fine is a drop in the bucket compared to what they make

Look into the company behind the so called "opioid crisis"

well over 500k dead and the company knew oxy was terribly addictive, and recommended they be prescribed for basically anything that ails ya... even dished out money to doctors as their personally drug dealers... then when they got caught... they just went bankrupt, and paid the family behind the company huge money in their final dealings

Yet the company is still going strong!!

And people wonder why no one trusts Big Pharma...LOL

Except all the jabbed people
👆
edit on 4-9-2021 by FinallyAwake because: Bold

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

What's the price of gas there.

Here its about 150 yen a liter. Expensive, yes, but livable .

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I'm using DuckDuckGo and got TEPCO, with the equivalent of $US450 billion.

DuckDuckGo is not your friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The problem here is thinking that fines by themselves is actually a deterrent. For most companies it's just considered a cost of doing business. And the reward is quite lucrative if you can get away with it. And the possible fine is usually already figured in. And tends to be less than the profit made by the rule-breaking.

If you want real deterrents then what's needed is long jail terms for the guilty individuals and large ongoing fines to pay for their incarceration. Then lifetime bans on occupying management positions in any corporation once they are released.

top topics

join