It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand just had an ISIS inspired stabbing attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Knife ban incoming in hobbiton?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Think the blacksmiths, butchers and leather makers of River Town may object to that

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
How inconsiderate! Imagine how many people could have been exposed to covid during the stabbing?
New Zealand takes covid very seriously and will be likely looking at increased lock down measures to stop the spread in light of this super stabbing errr spreading.

Lol! Just LMFAO.

Yes because people fighting for their lives after being stabbed is such a funny incident....

Insert internet abbreviations here...

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Western Leaders sent troops. The civilians did not participate.

if the logic then extends to everyone from a western country is guilty, then I posit that every muslim is responsible. Yet we are told that is not the case.

Can't have your halal cake, and eat it.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: Gothmog

was followed by police after leaving home all the way to the supermarket

And then what ?

Then after stabbing 6 people, was shot by an undercover officer and died.

I saw the press conference live with the nz pm talking about him being from Sri Lanka, but that he was a lone wolf, blah blah, yet she said he had been under constant surveillance since 2016, after being released from prison, but they had no authority to keep him locked up.

What a world.

But we can keep people locked up for not accepting the vax !

I'd rather have a known proponent of a murderous ideology (that actively kills people) be locked up, than someone wary of an untested, brand new vaccine with enormous for future potential harm to not only those who submit to it, but their children - if they can even still conceive once injected.

But yep, that's how these governments are working things. Lock up the conspiracy theorists, but leave the documented murderous vermin alone.

Makes me shake my head, and I already have a headache from all of this.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

idiotic. just really...

stop.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Western Leaders sent troops. The civilians did not participate.

if the logic then extends to everyone from a western country is guilty, then I posit that every muslim is responsible. Yet we are told that is not the case.

Can't have your halal cake, and eat it.

Indeed they did, troops who also killed civilians, and I don't think I've ever tried halal, is it any good?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Middle East huh?
Chew on this....

We ought not to fight them at all," Adams warned, "unless we determine to fight them forever." Elected President in 1800, Jefferson ignored Adams's warning and embarked on the first of ...
Some of the Founding Fathers got it at least.....
rotunda.upress.virginia.edu...
edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: facts

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: eh

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

was followed by police after leaving home all the way to the supermarket

And then what ?

Ummm...and then what...?

Why...allowed to stab 6 people...for narrative continuity doncha kno...

Gotta be a boogie man to keep the plebs in line...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

So you're saying that welcoming people from Sri Lanka into our countries, who then go on to attempt to murder innocent people, is justified because of the ME?

you know where SL is, right?

These ME countries have been at war for centuries. it's in their nature. You've only been at it a few hundred years.

If Western countries hadn't lied and used violent means in order to invade and/or infiltrate ME countries, and let's be honest, it was completely greed driven, which in turn is fueling extremist groups like ISIS, and people who sympathize with them (which I'm guessing is the case here), then would these random stabbing events happen?

And at the very least, it's the turmoil caused by Western governments which is creating refugees, so they should feel obligated to take them in.

And on another point, if as I'm lead to believe, the suspect in this case was under surveillance, how do we know that wasn't the reason in which lead him to commit this act?

Ummm...Damn you...

Talking all that sense...

That'll be enough of that logic speak...

Now get to the back of the pram...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Looks like the plan is in motion. The largest terrorist country in the world (America) has emboldened and equipped chaos amongst the rest of the world.

Let the forever war begin.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

....but what Western politician thought invading these countries under the lie of 'freedom'

The invasions themselves weren't always the problem, it was the overstaying our welcome and trying to impose our 'freedoms' upon people who don't necessarily want them.

....while committing war crimes....

Relatively very few instances which can hardly be compared to the frequent acts of brutality committed by the likes of The Taliban and ISIS.
Yes, they shouldn't have happened and they certainly wouldn't have endeared the Allies to people across the Middle East and Islamic world in general.
But compared to throwing people off buildings because of their sexuality?
Or burning people alive because they were followers of a different brand of Islam?
Using women and children as human shields?
Chopping people's heads off?
Mass executions with the sole purpose of terrorising the local population?

I could go on but I'm sure you get the point?

And that's without mentioning any of the abuses of basic human rights and treating women little better than chattel.

I'm sure none of that endeared them to the locals but hey, lets just focus on the relatively few instances where we were bastards and brush over the brutality and inhumanity of The Taliban and similar groups and organisations.

Me?
I'll save my moral outrage and indignation for those who really deserve it.

.... apart from line their own, and their financial backers' pockets.

On this we agree 100%.
It is indefensible that profit was/is put before anything and everything.
Unfortunately its an inevitable result of the capitalist system that people have been indoctrinated into believing there is no practical or moral alternative to.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Or was he just a lone nutter, that thought the present lockdown was all about him?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jagman72

That "Lady" ain't a Lady...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
After every one of these events, It comes out that the attacker is known to the security services,

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

Don't forget that the terrorist legislation will have to be overhauled to bring it in line with the other five eyes as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Looks like the plan is in motion. The largest terrorist country in the world (America) has emboldened and equipped chaos amongst the rest of the world.

Let the forever war begin.

Oh hell yeah
Best in the world ma

Don't just sing it jr.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
a reply to: Jagman72

That "Lady" ain't a Lady...

Ah
New Zealand olympic contestant?

Wink wink

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The news is saying "inspired by ISIS" but I am not sure of that claim as just plain old religion and the call of 72 virgins is enough to set some of these idiots off. The good news is he was on a watch list and was being tracked and followed or this might have been much worse .

This is the first article I have seen where the country he is from and the possible motivation is covered. I saw the New Zealand press conference where they went out of their way to not disclose his prior nationality or possible ISIS connections.." He acted alone" etc etc

With the news of the Taliban pushing their people through the gates for exit out of Afghanistan I wonder if this sort of thing will be more common place only on a larger scale in the future ?

A 'violent extremist' who was 'inspired by ISIS' and on a terror watchlist has been shot dead by police in an Auckland supermarket after stabbing at least six people in an 'out of control' rampage.

Six people have been left fighting for life in hospitals across New Zealand's north island on Friday afternoon while the knifeman died inside the Countdown supermarket in New Lynn, in the city's south.

Three of the victims were described as 'critical' with neck and chest wounds, after hero shoppers rushed to give first aid to the wounded.

The 32-year-old Sri Lankan national, known only as 'S' for legal reasons, was followed by police after leaving home all the way to the supermarket where he grabbed a knife from a shelf and started the attack.

There had been fears of an imminent terror attack in the wake of the Taliban takeover and the chaotic departure from Afghanistan, with extremists emboldened by the radical Islamists amid global uncertainty.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

G’day mate, thought i would pop this update on your thread. Couldn’t see it mentioned on here anywhere else although the yt is 3 weeks old.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes, why not? Are NZ, the US, Japan, or Ivory Coast different in any way? And would those stabbings change anything in those countries at all? And would you stop living your life just because a lunatic with a knife stabs people at random?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join