It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand just had an ISIS inspired stabbing attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The news is saying "inspired by ISIS" but I am not sure of that claim as just plain old religion and the call of 72 virgins is enough to set some of these idiots off. The good news is he was on a watch list and was being tracked and followed or this might have been much worse .

This is the first article I have seen where the country he is from and the possible motivation is covered. I saw the New Zealand press conference where they went out of their way to not disclose his prior nationality or possible ISIS connections.." He acted alone" etc etc

With the news of the Taliban pushing their people through the gates for exit out of Afghanistan I wonder if this sort of thing will be more common place only on a larger scale in the future ?

A 'violent extremist' who was 'inspired by ISIS' and on a terror watchlist has been shot dead by police in an Auckland supermarket after stabbing at least six people in an 'out of control' rampage.

Six people have been left fighting for life in hospitals across New Zealand's north island on Friday afternoon while the knifeman died inside the Countdown supermarket in New Lynn, in the city's south.

Three of the victims were described as 'critical' with neck and chest wounds, after hero shoppers rushed to give first aid to the wounded.

The 32-year-old Sri Lankan national, known only as 'S' for legal reasons, was followed by police after leaving home all the way to the supermarket where he grabbed a knife from a shelf and started the attack.

There had been fears of an imminent terror attack in the wake of the Taliban takeover and the chaotic departure from Afghanistan, with extremists emboldened by the radical Islamists amid global uncertainty.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
And will this start happening in America soon ?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Just saw this on Fox. They did not go into as much detail on the attack but did add that similar attacks could be likely in the USA according to government officials. Both this attack and the increased threat around the world is because of the resurgence of the Taliban and other Muslim extreamists, according to some members of Congress.
edit on 9 3 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes. Extremist inspired violent events are happening in the US. Quite a few of these events do not make national news unless the circumstances fit the narrative being pushed by mockingbird media. Unsurprisingly, these violent events don't happen as often in areas where the citizens carry legal firearms. There are a large number of violent incidents which end in the shooting of a would be robber or assailant by a law abiding gun owner. Unsurprisingly, when a law abiding gun owner puts down a violent threat protecting themself or others it doesn't make national news, the anti-gun agenda being what it is.

These extremist inspired attacks will almost assuredly continue to increase. How long until 'gun free zones' in America become 'knife free zones.' The less deluded among us recognized from the start that the 'gun free zone' signs are just advertisements for criminals and murderers.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CircumstancialEvidence
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes. Extremist inspired violent events are happening in the US. Quite a few of these events do not make national news unless the circumstances fit the narrative being pushed by mockingbird media. Unsurprisingly, these violent events don't happen as often in areas where the citizens carry legal firearms. There are a large number of violent incidents which end in the shooting of a would be robber or assailant by a law abiding gun owner. Unsurprisingly, when a law abiding gun owner puts down a violent threat protecting themself or others it doesn't make national news, the anti-gun agenda being what it is.

These extremist inspired attacks will almost assuredly continue to increase. How long until 'gun free zones' in America become 'knife free zones.' The less deluded among us recognized from the start that the 'gun free zone' signs are just advertisements for criminals and murderers.

Cheers.

I hope it doesn't happened, but I understand some coming over have not been vetted.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Time for the NZ Prime Minister to put on her Burqa and address the Nation.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   

was followed by police after leaving home all the way to the supermarket

And then what ?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The news is saying "inspired by ISIS" but I am not sure of that claim as just plain old religion and the call of 72 virgins is enough to set some of these idiots off

Not helpful and certainly not the attitude required in order to understand how and why ISIS can recruit and still obtain followers.

When the military of ANY country engages in deceitful and violent methods against other countries, as many Western countries (and their allies such as Australia and NZ) have, then anyone of that nationality will be a target (civilian or otherwise), sad but true, however that is the nature of this world.

And as far as MSM goes, these events seem quite shocking, but is it any less shocking when Muslims get massacred in their villages somewhere in the ME even though it never makes the MSM over here?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How inconsiderate! Imagine how many people could have been exposed to covid during the stabbing?
New Zealand takes covid very seriously and will be likely looking at increased lock down measures to stop the spread in light of this super stabbing errr spreading.

Lol! Just LMFAO.

a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Bleeding heart for the those who kill each other in the dust bowl.

Even if every single western influence was removed from the Middle East the sand would still be stained with an unfathomable amount of Muslim blood spilled by Muslim hands. Your deluded.
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And then what ?

Then after stabbing 6 people, was shot by an undercover officer and died.

I saw the press conference live with the nz pm talking about him being from Sri Lanka, but that he was a lone wolf, blah blah, yet she said he had been under constant surveillance since 2016, after being released from prison, but they had no authority to keep him locked up.

What a world.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Bleeding heart for the those who kill each other in the dust bowl.

Even if every single western influence was removed from the Middle East the sand would still be stained with an unfathomable amount of Muslim blood spilled by Muslim hands. Your deluded.

As in the Western world, stained by the blood of the countless wars throughout history, you're ignorant

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   

So you're saying that welcoming people from Sri Lanka into our countries, who then go on to attempt to murder innocent people, is justified because of the ME?

you know where SL is, right?

These ME countries have been at war for centuries. it's in their nature. You've only been at it a few hundred years.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

So you're saying that welcoming people from Sri Lanka into our countries, who then go on to attempt to murder innocent people, is justified because of the ME?

you know where SL is, right?

These ME countries have been at war for centuries. it's in their nature. You've only been at it a few hundred years.

If Western countries hadn't lied and used violent means in order to invade and/or infiltrate ME countries, and let's be honest, it was completely greed driven, which in turn is fueling extremist groups like ISIS, and people who sympathize with them (which I'm guessing is the case here), then would these random stabbing events happen?

And at the very least, it's the turmoil caused by Western governments which is creating refugees, so they should feel obligated to take them in.

And on another point, if as I'm lead to believe, the suspect in this case was under surveillance, how do we know that wasn't the reason in which lead him to commit this act?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It’s humanity in general your the one laying blame only to the west I know we are both monsters and I am ok with that.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow

Excuses being made and ‘reasons’ for his actions being thrown up?

“It’s western society’s fault”

I didn’t hear excuses and reasons when the mosque shooting occurred there. Just “it was racism and bigotry”

The muslim who attacked these six people is a racist, bigoted scumbag piece of #. A whack job land a loser. His ‘reasons’ are not to be viewed by anyone, just like the Christchurch mosque shooter, his reasons were 100% banned from all platforms in New Zealand. His manifesto is considered illegal to be in possession of

But this terrorist, “oh he must have had his reasons, he might have done it because he was being surveilled, so it’s really the fault of the police”

Derp

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Of course their hate filled interpretations of Islam that deem non-believers as kaffirs and deserving no rights has nothing to do with it?

Neither has the demand that Muslims work towards a global Caliphate and the imposition of Sharia Law on everyone regardless of faith?

The Wahhabi's of Saudi Arabia - the single, biggest financer, supporter and exporter of Islamic extremism and fundamentalism in the world - are motivated by our treatment of them?

The constant enmity, bitterness and hatred between Shia, Sunni's and other Islamic denominations does not foster the barbarity and intolerance that is rampant in Islam?

The history of Islam is littered with the bodies of millions of people who have suffered due to the brutality and intolerance that is endemic within many branches of Islam.

Sure, some of 'our' foreign policy decisions haven't helped things but come on, they have to bear a huge burden of the responsibility themselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

That lady obviously doesn't care what the religion of peace does to women and young girls. Truly revolting!

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: Gothmog

And then what ?

Then after stabbing 6 people, was shot by an undercover officer and died.

I saw the press conference live with the nz pm talking about him being from Sri Lanka, but that he was a lone wolf, blah blah, yet she said he had been under constant surveillance since 2016, after being released from prison, but they had no authority to keep him locked up.

What a world.

But we can keep people locked up for not accepting the vax !

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Of course their hate filled interpretations of Islam that deem non-believers as kaffirs and deserving no rights has nothing to do with it?

Neither has the demand that Muslims work towards a global Caliphate and the imposition of Sharia Law on everyone regardless of faith?

The Wahhabi's of Saudi Arabia - the single, biggest financer, supporter and exporter of Islamic extremism and fundamentalism in the world - are motivated by our treatment of them?

The constant enmity, bitterness and hatred between Shia, Sunni's and other Islamic denominations does not foster the barbarity and intolerance that is rampant in Islam?

The history of Islam is littered with the bodies of millions of people who have suffered due to the brutality and intolerance that is endemic within many branches of Islam.

Sure, some of 'our' foreign policy decisions haven't helped things but come on, they have to bear a huge burden of the responsibility themselves.

No doubt they do, but what Western politician thought invading these countries under the lie of 'freedom' while committing war crimes in the process would possibly help, apart from line their own, and their financial backers' pockets ofc

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Wow

Excuses being made and ‘reasons’ for his actions being thrown up?

“It’s western society’s fault”

I didn’t hear excuses and reasons when the mosque shooting occurred there. Just “it was racism and bigotry”

The muslim who attacked these six people is a racist, bigoted scumbag piece of #. A whack job land a loser. His ‘reasons’ are not to be viewed by anyone, just like the Christchurch mosque shooter, his reasons were 100% banned from all platforms in New Zealand. His manifesto is considered illegal to be in possession of

But this terrorist, “oh he must have had his reasons, he might have done it because he was being surveilled, so it’s really the fault of the police”

Derp

I'm not making excuses, I'm making factual and valid points

originally posted by: Athetos
It’s humanity in general your the one laying blame only to the west I know we are both monsters and I am ok with that.

Then I refer you back to what I previously said, and ignorance will never be a solution to anything

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join