It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your hobby in life that gets you through the day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   
For me...

1. I enjoy cycling, and in Japan cycling is really popular and it is quite safe ( cycle with caution ). I just returned from doing some cycling in Okinawa and in April and May went up north. Did want to make it to Hokkaido, but travel restrictions were in place, so I had to return and wait it out. Got frustrated last month and went to Okinawa.

2. Music ( playing guitar and writing songs ) have been with me since my youth.

3. I like art, mostly color pencil drawings. I'm thinking about checking into " painting by numbers " now that change of seasons are here again.

4. Fishing. Since I live by the sea, I go to the port and cast a line every so often. Catch and release or I just exchange the fish for more bait with the fisherman.

5. Not really a hobby, but I still enjoy 3 hour walks among the rice fields. Peace and quiet and the air is fresh.

So what is it that makes your days fulfilled .
edit on 0900000003332021-09-03T03:33:03-05:00330309am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0900000014342021-09-03T03:34:14-05:00341409am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not a lifelong hobby, but I've spent the last year restoring VW's. So far I've done a Manx, a Tow'd and just today I've bought a '71 lowlight Kombi...caught the "bug" so to speak.....

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Not a lifelong hobby, but I've spent the last year restoring VW's. So far I've done a Manx, a Tow'd and just today I've bought a '71 lowlight Kombi...caught the "bug" so to speak.....

VW's got to be fun to restore. I bet there now are a lot of options to make them look cool. If I owned an older model I would paint it all with psychedelic imaginations of the 60's.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I play golf usually 5 times a week or if not playing I am teaching golf (for free).

I am an avid reader so after coming home and the shower and eat routine I am usually reading a book or on the computer getting caught up with the latest international news.

Boring ( I don't drink or chase bar girls) but happy as my wife or a little 9 year old girl who stays with us several days a week (her mom works) usually has something that grabs my attention.

I do watch TV as just about every movie ever made past and present is available so while on the computer the big screen is playing a movie I might be kinda interested in...Like I said boring for some but I am content and happy.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I play golf usually 5 times a week or if not playing I am teaching golf (for free).

I am an avid reader so after coming home and the shower and eat routine I am usually reading a book or on the computer getting caught up with the latest international news.

Boring ( I don't drink or chase bar girls) but happy as my wife or a little 9 year old girl who stays with us several days a week (her mom works) usually has something that grabs my attention.

I do watch TV as just about every movie ever made past and present is available so while on the computer the big screen is playing a movie I might be kinda interested in...Like I said boring for some but I am content and happy.

Living a simple life in Asia in like taking a meditation train on the thoughts of feeling life is pure.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
PC gaming and walking outside .

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The most soothing hobby to me is sewing clothes. The constant rythm of the sewing machine in combination with being creative and focused and having a nice dress is very pleasing.

Until this year I did participate in drag and hillclimb sprints, sold the car but now I look forward to a new project. But only for drifting, everything else I don't need anymore. There's not much more that makes me feel free like a bird, when I go sideways it's pure freedom.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
PC gaming and walking outside .

Same. When I'm not hitting Volkswagens with a hammer, I spend far too much time gaming.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

I have seen a documentary once that the VW community is very strong in South America, one reason being the VW bug manufacture in, was it Mexico?

Those would never be allowed to drive on the streets here in Germany because of "technical oversight". It's nice to see other countries allow such heavy modifications, I dig it.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I make Beer and Spirits and more recently Camping.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Well, I tried to learn to play the guitar during the covid lockdowns. That was a horrible failure. My hands are just not meant to play the guitar. I stunk.

I've been restoring an old aluminum boat I bought 20 years ago, kind of remodeling it. I'll probably finish that up in about 2066.

I used to do a lot of sport shooting (trap, skeet, etc), but with ammo prices and availability the way they are now, that has pretty much been shut down.

I do some half-assed electronics projects, but I don't spend enough time with it.

Maybe I'll take up underwater basket weaving.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The summer time, I am always outside, gardening, or just hanging out reading or whatnot.
In the winter, I have a whole room for lego's. I build sets, or my own creations. And watch movies while I am building.

And try new crafts, I crochet, make soap, candles, can food, whatever I feel like doing.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

LOL, I actually have a bunch of porcupine quills, that I thought I might try to make those tiny baskets with.
Seems like a lot of work though.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Gardening.
Looking forward to exploring the potential of my new computer this winter after all the outside plant stuff winds down.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I write a blog about movies. Just did a thumbnail review of the vegan remake of the magnificent seven. It came with a pg advisory warning for smoking violence. It made me throw up a little. That iconic score that's synonymous with the franchise was used as a marketing campaign for marlboro cigarettes back in the day. Kinda, ironic. And I drawn comic booky stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Kayaking, camping, hiking or any other excuse to get outdoors. a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I have seen a documentary once that the VW community is very strong in South America, one reason being the VW bug manufacture in, was it Mexico?

Those would never be allowed to drive on the streets here in Germany because of "technical oversight". It's nice to see other countries allow such heavy modifications, I dig it.

This is one I've just finished

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I tried to take up sewing last year, a skill I'd really like to learn. Even got a sewing machine. My problem is I can't cut a straight line to save my life (can't sew a straight line either). Plus, I get so frustrated just trying to get the sewing machine set up properly (threaded through the 80 different things you've got to do to get it going), I'm ready to toss the whole damn thing out in the yard before I even get started! I wanted to learn how to sew backpacks and outdoor gear.
I've learned several things so far...

- People with gorilla hands can't sew very good.

- Sewing while angry is no fun, and all the screaming keeps my wife awake at night.

- The only thing I'd be good at sewing is stuff for severely deformed people...who are blind.

- Oh, and I think I hate sewing!!

Seriously though, my hat is off to people who can sew well.

ETA - I knew a gal who made a whole BUNCH of money making and fixing sails for sailboats. Like a TON of money!! These sails were huge too! One sail would fill up her entire basement. I never understood how she could even figure out where she was working with sails that big. She had some special sewing machine too.
edit on 9/3/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Did you do all the welding and tube bending on that frame?

If so, wow! I'm impressed!

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Awesome! I like the color combination

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join