It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Peer Reviewed) Study finds mask mandates have no substantial effect on slowing COVID-19 spread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: Klassified

Study proves that states where people ignore mask mandates gain little to no benefit from having mask mandates?

Study also shows that states with mandates don't do any better than states without.

Of course, I suppose if you want to blame that all on that one guy flouting the law ... that's on you.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Who is us?
And why do we have to do all the work for your sheeples?
I remember when the mask wearers were called sheep, and now the MAGAbeasts are taking livestock medicine.

Laughing stockyard!

Whatever let's you sleep at night. Some of us got our shots and prefer to believe it does what it's supposed to, so why are we wearing face diapers again?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Who pays any attention to scientific studies anymore?

It's all about what my governor and other government administration officials tell me what to do don't you know? Trust the media! Also I gauge my decisions off of what everyone around me is doing

sad lol

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
I like grocery shopping without being bothered, so I wear a mask. I also like having a job, so I wear a mask at work. I am a sheeple.

I corrected it for you 'I like killing minorities so I am not bothered about why I am not following orders, so I do what I am told. I also like having a purpose in the regime, so I do what I am told. I am a sheeple. '

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
more reason if your job or some stupid concert requires you to wear a mask, then to cut little slits in it so you can actually breathe and not inhale your own breath refuse.

a reply to: Deplorable

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yep.

That’s exactly what was proven.
It’s the ole “you can’t tell me what to do, cuz I’m smarter than you” syndrome.

Meanwhile a large scale study in Bangladesh shows even surgical masks can slow the contagion.

Mask study

nice, when that paper is peer reviewed, let us know.

Is every surgeon on the planet good enough of a review ?
Or are you saying a barrier for reducing the spread of respiratory droplets is a bad idea?

Would a peer review change you mind?

it might legitimize the story. But in cases like the study in the OP, peer review was something doubters asked for, and *poof* here it is. So if you have conflicting data, I'd say it needs to be looked at and the truth should be easy enough to find.

but then, being a recovered person who has antibodies I'm part of the Responsible people and tired of doing the heavy lifting.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Is every surgeon on the planet good enough of a review ?
Or are you saying a barrier for reducing the spread of respiratory droplets is a bad idea?

Would a peer review change you mind?

Actually this surgical mask study refutes what you are saying. Surgical masks show nothing different with curbing infections post surgical. When compared to not wearing masks.

So, what's your point.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here. Make up your own mind.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

So I wanted to point that out that, yes the virus is 2 microns, however the virus isn't flying around on it's own. It is normally amassed into respiratory droplets. The droplets are released when a person sneezes, coughs or talks. Those droplets can be blocked by masks.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

did you read the study in the OP?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580
Those droplets can also dry out on the mask releasing the virus to be inhaled by the person wearing the mask. The oils created by your skin kills bacteria and viruses. The problem is that the mask is holding the virus away from those oils, in a nice warm moist atmosphere that allows the virus to live longer.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a joke or a point. Either way, it is not clear.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So the conclusion of the study was that it did associate lower covid spread with mask mandates.

Conclusions: We did not observe association between mask mandates or use and reduced COVID-19 spread in US states. COVID-19 mitigation requires further research and use of existing efficacious strategies, most notably vaccination.

Yet over here it says it did not disprove mask efficacy in certain circumstances.

. Importantly, our study does not disprove the efficacy of all masks in limited and controlled circumstances, such as properly worn N95 respirators.

We know already know that a mask isn't going to stop covid 100%. It just to lower your chances of spreading the disease to others.

Together with enhanced vaccination rates, aerosol treatment with improved ventilation and air purification could help reduce the size of COVID19 outbreaks.

Looks like the authors think that we can fight covid with improved vaccination rates and better ventilation and air purification?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Inspite of the so-called Wuhan Flu mitigation measures...

2020 Super Bowl Winning Quarterback TOM BRADY reveals he had Covid-19 in February of this year.

He predicts the about-to-start 2021 season will be an extremely challenging for the NFL, teams, and players, due to Covid-19 and the new rules related to Covid-19.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So.. you are just more empathetic and intelligent than people who disagree with this vaccine and masks?

I cant imagine why people would find that to be condescending, delusional and quite frankly hilarious.

Please tell us everything we are supposed to do in order to properly do our part! We need your guidance oh great and intelligent super human! Lol!

Keep telling people how smart you are and empathetic for getting your unproven clot shot and wearing your mask that has holes larger than the virus. I am sure everything will be fine once you get your soon to be monthly booster shot and take your twice daily pills. You know so a common cold doesn't kill you or your own body kill you in a cytokine storm, clot etc..

a reply to: spacedoubt

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Doesnt stop my employer from requiring it or asking me to provide proof of vaccination (not required, but they want to log my medical data either way)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Inspite of the so-called Wuhan Flu mitigation measures...

2020 Super Bowl Winning Quarterback TOM BRADY reveals he had Covid-19 in February of this year.

He predicts the about-to-start 2021 season will be an extremely challenging for the NFL, teams, and players, due to Covid-19 and the new rules related to Covid-19.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

Cry me a river

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Notice how this time the taleban forcing women and girls to wear face coverings hasn't come up at all this time?

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Study proves that states where people ignore mask mandates gain little to no benefit from having mask mandates?

Awwww, bless your widdle heart, by all means, wear your mask if it gives you warm-n-fuzzies...

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape

Doesnt stop my employer from requiring it or asking me to provide proof of vaccination (not required, but they want to log my medical data either way)

No... not until you/we/everyone stands up and just says NO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join