It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So give me a good reason why I need a jab for a common cold that has 0 to 0.1 percent death rate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It isn't a f#ing vaccine.

Keep ranting about the poor helpless 75 year olds that you give a million craps about.

I'm out.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanResistance
Here in Ontario lately the virus has attenuated so much it is far weaker than seasonal flu. So why should I take a risky jab? A New Zealand woman just died yesterday after Pfizer.

news

If you're 37 and healthy, you don't need it. The vaccine's effectiveness is lower than officially claimed and your risk from the virus is statistically insignificant. The only reason you might consider taking it is if you have frequent contact with someone who is high risk. And even then, that person being vaccinated is much more important than you getting it. The vaccine won't prevent you from infecting them.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: vonclod

The difference is, you don't undermine an entire age group when say your thoughts.

Ageism is still a legitimate form of prejudice.

I understand your point..this whole thing has been a #s game. Incomplete info, can be worse than no info..sometimes.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What is it?

What would you like to call it?

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Could it be possible that the OP's age group is at 99.9% survivability rate, and therefore you could just accept that possibility instead of challenge it based on not doing a disservice to the small chance that a 75-year-old who frequents ATS read that specific comment and applied that to themselves without any subsequent thought or research?

People on here shouldn't be demanded to be hyper-specific just so that we don't possibly-maybe do a disservice to someone who has been alive long enough and through the past 1.5 years of this pandemic to hopefully know better.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Bruh, there is more than enough Covid propaganda flying around for people to digest. The MSM have the monopoly.
Sites like this are a fart in the wind for most folk.

Virtue signalling, still after I've already pointed it out.

Again, wtf?

Do you want to read the OP again, that is what I was addressing. I just do not understand why you think my statement here is wrong...

COVID is higher risk for the old and ill-health and they need to really evaluate their decision to get the vaccine or not. It's my personal opinion the risk is there to get the vaccine for these high risk groups.

This is in response to the OP basically saying they virus doesn't kill anyone so why get the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Could it be possible that the OP's age group is at 99.9% survivability rate, and therefore you could just accept that possibility instead of challenge it based on not doing a disservice to the small chance that a 75-year-old who frequents ATS read that specific comment and applied that to themselves without any subsequent thought or research?

People on here shouldn't be demanded to be hyper-specific just so that we don't possibly-maybe do a disservice to someone who has been alive long enough and through the past 1.5 years of this pandemic to hopefully know better.

I could say 50 years old too as it starts to shoot up from there. My point is not everyone is in a .1%/99.97% group that the anti-vaxxers seem to use as their justification for everyone. Hell a teen might be .00001% and so offsets the 10% on the high side...

So yes we do not know the OP's age or his health condition, but this virus is no joke for some of those groups that people fell it nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
34% of the population is 50+ big enough number.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanResistance

I'm 37.

37 and healthy, don't worry about the vaccine... Other things might come into play to get it like travel to other countries that demand people to have it, maybe go to college in person etc. Unfortunately....

Now for your parents/grandparents it could be a different story as this virus hits them a lot harder, so that is a bigger discussion for them.

edit on 30-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

34% of the population is 50+ big enough number.

Looking at deaths that had both COVID and Pneumonia together to rule out the had COVID and shot in the chest type deaths there were 308k total and if you add people 50+ years old together it comes out to 296k... So about 12,000 out of 308,000 were under the age of 50 for what we could honestly call a COVID death.

Most of that 12,000 left is the 40 to 50 group too, so under 40 not much of anything.

edit on 30-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The idea is playing god vs accepting what is inevitable. Society is trying so incredibly hard to prove we have any power over death, and you know it's sad when maybe 100 or more species go extinct on the average day and we never read about it, but maybe this is what fair looks like. A non racist plague that doesn't care who you voted for or if you're pro life or a satanist.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I could believe it. I do think Delta may be hitting a younger demo..but not sure how consequential it is. When I hear a random news report about a younger person in the hospital, sure, it's not good, I just have a hard time believing it's widespread, but I could be wrong.

I think the Spanish flu, hit a different age group on its 2nd wave, I think it hit the young first though.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted
You could add one more column for accuracy, labelled COVID 19 virus.

Wrong and Predictable:
It was predicted months ago that the MSM would flip the vaccine side effects onto Covid-19.

it's what they do, flip the world upside-down.

Except that I heard about the clotting and heart side effects from Covid before there was a vax, spring of 2020. Heart issues were also a side effect of SARS. Its not the MSM, its John Hopkins, Harvard Med, Mayo clinic, a number of major hospitals.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What is it?

An experimental cold & flu medicinal shot. TheraJab as a title for referencing purposes also works.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Still not sure how they know it's Delta in all these people. Perhaps it's convenient to tell the vaccinated it's Delta so they don't wonder why the first shot/shots are worthless.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What is it?

An experimental cold & flu medicinal shot. TheraJab as a title for referencing purposes also works.

I think..FaucciOuchie is the technical term.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There was a nasty flu pandemic that killed around 500,000 in Russia in the 1970's that killed mainly younger people.

This is from memory but I think they figured out it was because the strain was similar to one from 50 years earlier and most older people had antibodies that could fight it whereas the younger kids were vunerable.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zitterbewegung

Not all the people probably, but a whole lot of them. Doesn't really change the treatment as far as I can tell though.

They know because they do what is called surveillance testing. Random samples which have tested positive for COVID are then subject to genetic sequencing to determine which variant it is. Delta shows up more than other variants. It is dominant, or becoming so, in most places in the US.
edit on 8/30/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zitterbewegung

Still not sure how they know it's Delta in all these people. Perhaps it's convenient to tell the vaccinated it's Delta so they don't wonder why the first shot/shots are worthless.

I'm pretty sure a secondary test is taken after an initial positive, they can determine if it's Delta. That is what I recal hearing or reading.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's certainly how it's done on the UK.

Samples from PCR tests are also sent for sequencing to determine what strain is prevalent in that area and used to track the spread.

a reply to: Phage

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join