It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people suddenly care about dead American soldiers again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
From 2010-2020, nobody cared. Their names weren’t on the news. Social media didn’t have viral posts for dead soldiers. The collective whole wanted us out of Afghanistan. Now all the sudden, people care again and we need to go back to Afghanistan?

I served. I was a flight nurse who transported more than 3,000 service members out of Afghanistan, Iraq and other middle eastern countries. I saw the terrible consequences of war first hand. I saved lives and cried when they died on my watch. I pray no more lives are lost in that stupid, never ending war.

My last two deployments were difficult because the country I called home had not only forgotten about the war in Afghanistan, but it was turning against us. Watch the media, listen to the far left and one might think our boots on the ground are servants of satan himself. I got tired of fighting a war nobody even cared about.

Service men and women continued to die but all America was worried about was politics and materialism. The war was over when we extinguished Al Qaeda. But the military industrial complex had to keep the contracts flowing with the DOD. Our politicians had to keep their pockets full of under the table cash from lobbyists, our media needed something to talk about in between political segments, and the people needed something to be afraid of.

2.5 trillion. Is that how much we spent? Thousands of dead Americans. Hundreds of thousands of dead afghanis? For what? The Taliban will always live on when all they have to do is hide out in a cave and wait is out. If there people don’t want to fight them off with the infrastructure we left behind…then why should we?

But now all the sudden everyone cares again. Now we need to go back to war. We need to keep the MIC fed. The news has its ratings back. The people have their fear back. And the names of our dead heroes are being mentioned across the country.

We have learned absolutely nothing from the past. Those dead Marines have sadly died for nothing. Meanwhile we’re over here playing the blame game for who is responsible. We are all to blame. All of us. For continuing to elect corrupt politicians into positions of power that put American lives in harms way.

But once again another generation of America’s youth are being groomed for another never ending war. Suddenly we care again. Maybe this belongs in the rant forum. Just pisses me off that were being tossed right back into that worthless crap hole that is Afghanistan and y’all out there acting like you cared all along. Most stopped caring over a decade ago.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If I had to guess, we're being told to care so we can justify the next democrat funded never ending war.

For today though, we care because they're being killed with the equipment we shipped over there for them to use, then forced them to gift to the people trying to kill them.
Probably a direct order from the CCP to make pudding pants Joe do, to make us look weak and stupid while also getting him replaced by captain cackles.

The USA sounded like a great place to live based on history books, but as far as I can tell it doesn't even exist anymore.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Actually they did. You just have to subscribe to less apathetic feeds.

The last year (under Trump) no new deaths, so the feeds would give anniversaries.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Maybe because we suddenly have dead American soldiers again? Just a guess. There was a long string in there where none of ours actually died in Afghanistan, not that anyone on the news felt like that was worth reporting or anything because no one cares unless people die.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My husband is a retired Marine that spend a year in the gulf war, he gets letters every month of who dies soo yes is out there, all veterans get this news letter.

It will not be a war under the senile president we have, that is not what the agenda is prioritizing.

edit on 29-8-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"We are all to blame. All of us. For continuing to elect corrupt politicians into positions of power that put American lives in harms way."

Well said. We are responsible for continuing to elect politicians that support war. 20 years cant be blamed on trump or biden.

We learned nothing vietnam and afghanistan. As soon as the media and politicians play the war drums we forget everything.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well, this incident marks the most U.S. Servicemen killed in a single attack since 2011.

Some of the deadliest days for US troops in Afghanistan:

August 26, 2021: Two suicide bombers and gunmen attack crowds of Afghans flocking to Kabul’s airport in the waning days of an airlift for those fleeing the Taliban takeover. The attacks kill at least 72 Afghans and 13 US troops.

December 21, 2015: A suicide attacker rams an explosives-laden motorcycle into a joint NATO-Afghan patrol, killing six American troops. The soldiers were targeted as they moved through a village near Bagram airfield.

October 2, 2015: 11 people, including six US service members, are killed when a US Air Force C-130J transport plane crashes.

December 17, 2013: Six US service members are killed when a helicopter crashes.

May 4, 2013: Seven US soldiers and a member of the NATO-led coalition are killed as the Taliban continued attacks as part of their spring offensive.

March 11, 2013: A helicopter crash in southern Afghanistan kills five American service members. Two US special operations forces were gunned down hours earlier in an insider attack by an Afghan policeman in eastern Afghanistan.

August 6, 2011: A helicopter is shot down by an armed group with a rocket-propelled grenade, killing 30 American troops and eight Afghans.

www.aljazeera.com...

ETA: Not to mention the fact that this actually occurred while the eyes of the World were already focused on this specific location.
edit on 8/29/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

ETA2: To be perfectly clear: I do get what you're saying, and I do agree that ALL of the other previous fallen soldiers matter just as much as these.
edit on 8/29/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Only democrats fund wars? That's a new one..

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Of course, the left often confuses the idea of strong national defense with supporting war, so there we have issues. Preparing to be ready to defend yourself and your interests in any way is not "supporting war", it's simply being smart.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Some of us have always cared, some news organizations have never stopped the coverage.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you refering to Trump being criticized for giving money to the military? Because that wasn't all he did. He increased drone strikes and canceled the drone report after there was a massive increase in civilian casualties.

Republicans (including Trump) have been mostly pro MIC. Starting the move to get out of Afghanistan after 20 years doesn't suddenly make Trump a peace loving anti mic potus.

The problem is that we rather elect these aweful politicians because it means the left or right doesn't win.

So the problem is on the American people. We fail at electing great leaders and choose based on petty political hate.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

You seem to be thinking I am referring to the very recent past. I am talking about my entire lifetime.

The left is entirely binary on this. If you want peace, then you must be against anything to do with defense. This follows into anti-2nd Amendment stances too. If you think we should have a strong military or want a personal firearm, then you are bloody minded and for war. It's a binary and it's always been that way in my lifetime. This isn't a "your president v. my president" thing. This a Hegelian dialect thing that is larger than all that.

**EDIT**

Politically, I get it. Politicians pushing leftist causes need lots of money for them ... TONS ... because they are very, very expensive. They see the money spent on defense, even legit money, and they want that money for their pet causes. So they cry that any military is too much military ... that if we were really wanting peace, then why would we prepare for war?
edit on 29-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Because since at least 2006 when I started hearing from the MSM that Americans were "war weary" one thing was very clear to me.

The military went to war. America went to the mall.
edit on 8 29 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Are you refering to Trump being criticized for giving money to the military? Because that wasn't all he did. He increased drone strikes and canceled the drone report after there was a massive increase in civilian casualties.

Republicans (including Trump) have been mostly pro MIC. Starting the move to get out of Afghanistan after 20 years doesn't suddenly make Trump a peace loving anti mic potus.

The problem is that we rather elect these aweful politicians because it means the left or right doesn't win.

So the problem is on the American people. We fail at electing great leaders and choose based on petty political hate.

I dont know about ‘we’, but when I vote, I base my opinion on past performance, as that is the best predictor of human behavior. Sad. But its why Ive voted for newbies over career politicians and performances such as Benghazi, the Arab spring, and private servers to do whatever where nobody is watching.

Im pulling the handle for Larry Elder coming up. He cant do worse than Nance’s little nephew.
edit on 8/29/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Look,

They would have "Cared" as you say during the Trump admin if they would have had enough bodies to parade around on TV and resurrect Code Pink & the MSM screaming about it daily but there were not enough killed during the Trump admin to do it like they did with GWB.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yep. That's why we got COVID hysteria and the Summer of Love and Fiery but Mostly Peaceful instead.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

They forced 500 refugees off of the planes that were ready for take off and put them back outside of the gates... can you believe this crap.

twitter.com...

It is over now. Military is evacuating and flights are done it seems.
edit on 29-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You’re right. No one cared until the propaganda outlets told people what to think. And still, it’s not even about the soldiers or the civilians. It’s about placing blame on the president and using the shift in narrative to make him look bad. It’s disgusting, citizens of the United States would rather play the “blame game” and “I told you so”, than hold officials responsible for the despicable ways they treat active duty and veterans alike.

Top down, we all have failed to hold officials and ourselves responsible for the way we treat service members.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't know about "people," but I've never not cared.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I have only read the title of your thread.I am a mother
of a disabled American vet and have a few grandsons'
who have served as well.One of my youngest grandson's
just recently joined the service.
Why don't you ask me how I feel about dead American soldiers?,
I dare you to.

<<   2 >>

join