It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people suddenly care about dead American soldiers again?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

It's always been in the back of my mind, since I sometimes go to Aljazeera for world news Afghanistan was always in their headlines and it was usually about Taliban in talks with some people, or some skirmish here and there. But I always had this idea that there was progress being made, of some sort. And of course people are going to get hurt and perish. But it was seemingly under control.
And then this, just complete abandonment. And chaos, and crisis. I think that's why people are paying more attention.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Good bless you and your son and grand sons, I also belong in family of long time serving members that have die and given their lives for this nation, including a grand father that I never knew.

Is hard sometimes to read post like the OP and no get upset, but all we can do is show our respect for all that are serving, have served and gave their life for what now has become an agenda to destroy in our nation, our freedoms.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You are wrong, you should not discount the hundreds of million Americans that do care and have the utmost gratitude for the sacrifice of our military. Thank you for your service

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
From 2010-2020, nobody cared. Their names weren’t on the news. Social media didn’t have viral posts for dead soldiers. The collective whole wanted us out of Afghanistan. Now all the sudden, people care again and we need to go back to Afghanistan?

Quite frankly, I believe many Americans cared in the past and still do. Not being informed by those who control the flow of information to the masses isn't the same as caring or not. The politicians, the journalists, the MSM, are the ones to blame, most people are victims of lack of knowledge and awareness, not lack of sympathy. All that plus.....SQUIRREL.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Exactly. It is more accurate to say that journalists didn't care than it is to say that people in the country didn't care.

"You will be made to care." Is scary accurate.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I think people care suddenly because these deaths could have easily avoided if a better plan was in place.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Maybe because we suddenly have dead American soldiers again? Just a guess. There was a long string in there where none of ours actually died in Afghanistan, not that anyone on the news felt like that was worth reporting or anything because no one cares unless people die.

The war drums are beating again and out of nowhere the country, specifically the right, is all patriotic again. It just goes to prove how dumb and controlled we’ve become as a society. We can’t do anything unless the politicians and media tell us too.

Nobody can convince me that the dead have been forgotten up until now. And the time we had without a casualty, awesome…great. That should have demonstrated how over this war we should be. I will hold onto the theory that we are intent fully being drawn back into this conflict to keep the military industrial complex running smoothly. Where else can we drop bombs?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I’m a disabled vet. I’ve lost brothers and sisters to combat. I will ask you. Not personally, but from a collective…where has the patriotism been? It’s been left to die in the shadows because people can’t think for themselves. Don’t take things so personally. Not everything is about you. My post, had you cared to read it, was towards the collective, not the individual.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

First... Thank you for your service.

I read the entire OP and all I can say is, those of us that never stopped caring probably got offended because we don't like the broad brush. We don't like being included in the "collective" when we don't deserve to be.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, if one is to believe bible prophecy there is the one in Daniel that says a country that looked Greek to him attacks and conquers 3 nations in the middle east. The US is standing at 2 right now. Imagine if Iran does something really stupid because this Afghanistan fiasco emboldens them to do it? Like attacking a carrier and getting lucky perhaps? Or toss a nuke at Israel?

The possibilities are endless for the US to get that third scalp for the belt.
edit on 29-8-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

People have always cared. Do you just watch main stream news?
What an ridiculous statement and generalization.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zitterbewegung

People have always cared. Do you just watch main stream news?
What an ridiculous statement and generalization.

Lol. No. People stopped caring. Not everyone. But most. I’ve stopped posting here as much but if you knew my post history you’d know I don’t subscribe to mainstream media, pro-right media or pro-left media. Outside of a few independent podcasts and ideologically neutral websites I don’t watch much at all. But I still get the hot takes and buzz clips from all sources thrown at me through social media feeds that friends share.

I’ve paid attention to this site and others and most everyone stopped caring for the dead. Very few posts, discussions, memorials or remembrances. It’s only convenient for the majority to pay tribute when it’s beneficial to them. Again, that’s not everyone. But the majority. Argue it all you want, but it’s absolutely true. Even here on the once great ATS.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You are essentially saying "all lives matter". about troops. that's rich

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

US citizens have been complaining about this war for 20 years including both dems and repubs. Tragic lost of civilians and military personal over the last twenty years.

The difference now is Biden wanted to get out quickly for a photo-op and so he could symbolically say the war was over on or before September, 11th (which he originally wanted has the exit date but had to change due to backlas.)

His eagerness to be the hero who finally ended the war caused chaos and unnecessary deaths in Afghanistan; stranding allies and US civilians.

If he had not abandoned Bagram Air Force Base. Abandoned it overnight. How is that logistically sound?
Also, the Taliban gave the US an option to have control over Kabul and Biden refused.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zitterbewegung

US citizens have been complaining about this war for 20 years including both dems and repubs. Tragic lost of civilians and military personal over the last twenty years.

The difference now is Biden wanted to get out quickly for a photo-op and so he could symbolically say the war was over on or before September, 11th (which he originally wanted has the exit date but had to change due to backlas.)

His eagerness to be the hero who finally ended the war caused chaos and unnecessary deaths in Afghanistan; stranding allies and US civilians.

If he had not abandoned Bagram Air Force Base. Abandoned it overnight. How is that logistically sound?
Also, the Taliban gave the US an option to have control over Kabul and Biden refused.

The exit strategy certainly was a cluster. I’m not doubting that at all. I’ve been wanting out of Afghanistan since Al Qaeda was vanquished. I understood leaving a footprint to ensure they didn’t pop back up. But obviously our missions out there were effective in doing that. That’s on the Generals and strategists. And the Presidents who made them Generals. And the lobbyists. And many, many others.

I’m bothered by how people get all teary eyed when the news tells them to be but were silent for 10+ years when American blood was still being drawn over this poorly planned out war, or, intentionally drawn out war. However you want to look at it. Way too many Americans can’t think for themselves. It’s sad and pathetic.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well I can tell you I never cared about dead soldiers and I still don't.

If you join the armed forces, WTF do you think is going to happen? You just fly around in helicopters, play with guns, do assault courses, and go on free holidays?

Of course not. You are there to try and kill people, and they will try and kill you in response. It's not a conscript army. It's not the coast guard or the fire brigade whose job it is to help people. They were trained killers, they would have been happy to do the same thing to other people.

That's the risk you take when you sign up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join