It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My video explains the importance of abstaining from and confessing sin.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Acts 16:3
That’s where it’s recorded.
a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

If you read the laws at the sermon on the mount, you will realise they are far, way far beyond you
Unless you are Jesus

You have to understand sin before preaching about repentance
The epistles are addressed to the “Saints” of the church, do you understand?

The new covenant is way stricter, way more difficult, it teaches enemy love

Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin.

www.str.org...

You preach against sin but can’t even answer the most basic question about sin. Your excuse, “I am a fundamentalist” .

Now you've switched sides after I point out the new covenant and agree that it is stricter and upholds the law. Nice job, at least you see the light now. Have a blessed day.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh no, I asked you a simple question regarding Torah and you can’t answer it, frightened?
It’s christians like you that has turned the church into a harlot, a curse

Reduced the good news of Jesus into hate and fear

Showed you clearly the law won’t save you and yet, you can’t understand. You think you can save yourself, you don’t know Jesus.
The beginning of wisdom is fearing God, you are still at the beginning, move forward, stop relying on yourself and confusing people with ignorance
edit on 29-8-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   

No, you misunderstood. The law will not save you, but the thing that will save you (true faith in Christ by his grace) will cause you to align with a higher standard of the law. The law doesn't being salvation, salvation brings adherence to the law. When you fail as a human, you're still covered by grace of you ask for forgiveness and repent.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I missed nothing, you have turned the good news into bad news

And you still haven’t explained the law

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You still haven’t explained why Paul felt compelled to circumcise Timothy if ‘in Christ’, the Law is done away with.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

You are right and I have been lazy, time poor, moto gap on
“Was Paul inconsistent when he had Timothy circumcised in Acts 16:3? After all, he had absolutely refused to let Titus be circumcised in Galatians 2:3-5. He said that the truth of the gospel was at stake. To concede that Titus should be circumcised would be tantamount to abandoning the gospel of justification by faith apart from works of law.”

So Timothy was “Jewish” outside of being circumcised
Titus was a gentile

3) Titus was a “test case” in Jerusalem (Galatians 2:1), but Timothy was to be a constant travel companion (Acts 16:3). Therefore, in Titus’ case a clear theological issue was at stake. But in Timothy’s case, what was at stake was how unbelieving Jews might best be won to Christ. So just as Christian freedom caused Paul to resist Titus’ circumcision, this same freedom allowed him to remove the stumbling block of Timothy’s lack of circumcision. Paul applied his principle from 1 Corinthians 9:20, “To the Jews I became a Jew in order to win the Jews.”

“On the basis of these three differences, then, I would say Paul was not inconsistent when he resisted Titus’ circumcision but sought Timothy’s.”

So, again, the law is finished for christians, though we are called to love as Jesus did, not such a work but a deed, a reflection of Christ’s love.

www.desiringgod.org...

Anyone who tells you to keep Torah is a lost christian with no faith in Jesus but faith in themselves
Jesus ended religion, law and sin for those who choose Him

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

So effectively, in Jesus we Christians are a new creation

Struggling with Sin
…19For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. 20And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.…

But sin is like a virus that invades our body, it’s not us but, we have it till Jesus returns

Jesus always preached love, hope and forgiveness.
Unlike Golgotha who seems to think his fundamentalism has transcended sin, Paul freely admits his struggle and relies on Christ alone. No longer a Jew, Paul became a servant to gentiles, ate unclean food, freely interacted with gentiles, became a gentile to win their hearts

Jesus purchased a new covenant, love others as Jesus loved is the only law

“The key to understanding the relationship between the Christian and the Law is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to reveal to the Israelites how to obey and please God (the Ten Commandments, for example). Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin (the sacrificial system). Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations (the food and clothing rules). None of the Old Testament law is binding on Christians today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15).”www.gotquestions.org...
edit on 30-8-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Here is a video which clearly explains what I was failing to explain to you regarding one of the laws regarding diet.

Are we allowed to eat pork?

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You don’t seem to understand my fundy friend. I disagree, I eat crabs, Crays, bacon and whatever. I am not under the Mosaic covenant
I wear mixed fabric blends, I cut my hair uneven, shave my beard, grow different crops. I am not a Jew

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

These commands are like the Sabbath. They are created for you, to help you. Breaking this commands will only destroy your body. Pork and shellfish are living trashcans, and many people have allergic reactions to them, others only increase their risk of cancer for eating them. Mix fabric was more specific to the Levites preistly outfits, not general public, even for Jews. Then the beard thing, it's actually a part of your immune system, keeping germs near your mouth to serve as a sort of vaccine. The command to not shave, if I'm not mistaken was Nazarite and Levite thing. By not flowing commands given for your benefit, you simply suffer health concenquences. I am by no means suggesting you're going to hell for that, jsut that God advised against it for legitimate reason. In fact with the pollution in our environment, it may be more of a reason to avoid these garbage animals. I'm not saying Bacon isn't delicious, it is, just that it's ill-advised according to our instructions. If you are ok with those health risks, go ahead. If they had diet coke containing aspertaim, I'm sure that would be on that list too.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I may actually be wrong here. I apologize.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
You still haven’t explained why Paul felt compelled to circumcise Timothy if ‘in Christ’, the Law is done away with.

Timothy had a Jewish father and a Greek mother, by law Tim was a Jew, becoming a Jew circumcised was very important to reach the Jews on a Christian scale.
Gentiles didn’t need circumcission but to prove there was no animosity between Christians and Jews, Timothy showed being circumcised wasn’t an issue.

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became weak, to win the ...
Search domain biblehub.combiblehub.com...
--Better, I am become all things to all men that I should save at least some. Although he had thus accommodated himself, so far as was possible, consistently with Christian duty, to the weaknesses of all, he could only hope to win some of them. The natural climax would have been--"I become all things to all men that I might win all."

Been meaning to answer this but couldn’t find the thread.
Any questions, please ask
Circumcision was not a salvation issue, nor stopped people from a relationship with Jesus

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Just study, hold tight and enjoy freedom in Christ

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge You don't have to repent of sin to be saved, that would be to obey the law for salvation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join