It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My video explains the importance of abstaining from and confessing sin.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am not going to copy and paste the entirety of the over 770000 words in scripture. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
To be brief; I have come to the conclusion that God just wants us to love one another and do no harm. Humans try to make it complicated with different religions and their beliefs when it is simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

If you love God and that’s what you think is right?
Do you eat pork, crabs, wear two types of fibre in your clothing, have more than one type of crop in your garden

What laws Gol?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
To be brief; I have come to the conclusion that God just wants us to love one another and do no harm. Humans try to make it complicated with different religions and their beliefs when it is simple.

Clearly you know what the bible (NT) teaches christians is the true law, how we should live and act
I agree, it is that simple
Some others, force and load people with a burden they can’t carry.
I don’t understand why

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm not a farmer, so many of those commands don't applie to my life. I don't garden or anyhring. It's important to realize that many commands were given to Levites which are merely preists. Context matters. But I do not eat pork or shellfish.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge

I am not going to copy and paste the entirety of the over 770000 words in scripture. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

So it’s safe I can assume you keep Torah, well the Torah that is suitable for you to keep, ignore what isn’t suitable
Still confused
Why did Jesus die if we still have to live under Mosaic covenant

Preach against sin, fine, just explain what the sin is and why it’s harmful.
Do it properly

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not to mention the owning of slaves . Beating your slave. Etc Etc Etc...But I'll give it to the O.P...this is a conspiracy theory site....so with that said, I'll throw the bible right over to the conspiracy theory pile and put it right on top. If it's Gods law then you all that profess this stuff should embrace the really bad things it say's, instead of cherry picking what you like and fits your narrative.reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm not a farmer, so many of those commands don't applie to my life. I don't garden or anyhring. It's important to realize that many commands were given to Levites which are merely preists. Context matters. But I do not eat pork or shellfish.

Shave, cut your hair, wear mixed blended fibres in your clothing
You sinner...You keep the laws you want to and deny others
Hypocrisy, you need to study Christ’s love and grace Gol

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Fatboy527

While I find slavery abhorrent, if done in a biblical way (as opposed to how America did it...) It would not exactly in itself be a sin. However, kidnaping people based on racist ideas and workinging them as America did, that's clearly a sin. The term "slavery" has been tainted ever since. Also, the Egyptians did slavery the way America did, and we see how God responded to this. Look up this guy named Moses.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fatboy527
Not to mention the owning of slaves . Beating your slave. Etc Etc Etc...But I'll give it to the O.P...this is a conspiracy theory site....so with that said, I'll throw the bible right over to the conspiracy theory pile and put it right on top. If it's Gods law then you all that profess this stuff should embrace the really bad things it say's, instead of cherry picking what you like and fits your narrative.reply to: Raggedyman

What do you mean by “embrace” embrace what and how, why?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Some commands were for specific people's and nations or even grouped, as in the Levites. Some are for the waiting for the Messiah. Others are more general and still applicable. That is all.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Some commands were for specific people's and nations or even grouped, as in the Levites. Some are for the waiting for the Messiah. Others are more general and still applicable. That is all.

So you decide what laws to keep and dismiss?
How do you know what’s specific, what is for nations, what is for groups
I am confused Gol

Some say there are ceremonial laws, moral laws, civil laws, should I help you out some more.
How do you differentiate what laws are for who and why Gol

Christ taught two laws, love God love each other

No Greater Love
9As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Remain in My love. 10If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love. 11I have told you these things so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.

12This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

14You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will remain—so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you. 17This is My command to you: Love one another.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Deflect much? Like all before you...you never really argue the point. The point I'm trying to make is Santa and his clan are about as real as your god. Neither has that "smoking gun" evidence as they call it. Bible was written by man and we all know what lying douche bags mankind is. I've never ever understood the draw of religion and saying my life is all in someone else's hands.....no it's not...news flash....it's all up to you...the individual. a reply to: GolgothaBridge

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fatboy527

I have. The point is that Jesus is God in human form. God gave us commands as to how to live m, both while in human form and before. If someone is a Christian, they will follow God's commands. If they just want to call peace and love and tolerance their religion, they are a hippy and not a Christian. The Bible is full of Gods commands. We are saved through faith in Christ by his grace, but we are still to follow his commands. I can't go on a murder spree just because I'm under grace.
edit on 28.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Details

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If the law is done away with in Christ, why did Paul feel compelled to circumcise Timothy, a believer in Christ whose father was a Greek?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well don’t go on a murder spree
What commands?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I'm using that as an extreme example. I promise I'm not s serial killer. I've been called a cereal killer though. But my point is still the same, ones behavior should align with Christ. If you just strive to act like Christ, you won't have to worry about the law because of the example he set. However, be aware that the new covenant is stricter. Where it was against God's commands to have sex outside of marriage it is now against the covenant to look at a woman inappropriately with lustful intent. Where it was murder, it is now hate. Where it was what you do, it's now what you are and what you think. If you don't hate, you won't murder. If you don't lust, you won't cheat. If you don't covet you won't steal. That is the new law.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If you read the laws at the sermon on the mount, you will realise they are far, way far beyond you
Unless you are Jesus

You have to understand sin before preaching about repentance
The epistles are addressed to the “Saints” of the church, do you understand?

The new covenant is way stricter, way more difficult, it teaches enemy love

Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin.

www.str.org...

You preach against sin but can’t even answer the most basic question about sin. Your excuse, “I am a fundamentalist” .

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
If the law is done away with in Christ, why did Paul feel compelled to circumcise Timothy, a believer in Christ whose father was a Greek?

Where did Paul do that Lucius?
I have never read that

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have a different concept of sin. If the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is duality in our universe. The "seeking" of sweet sensations (apple) within the universe is existing in sin. That being, the seeking of desires that empower our egotistical self which is made from dust. Creating a wall between us and our true altruistic self that was made in the image of God.

If we instead desire to live in the love of God then Deuteronomy 30:14 "But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.".

That is our free choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join